It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is Better?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Well, that one does bring in the Kalifornia angle.

"The Kompton Kackler", maybe?

How about the Kurious Kompton Kackler.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
The Gotham Giggler reminds me too much of the Gotham's Riddler. While also referencing to the Joker.

The other one is more original.

As a side question, what the heck are you writing where Gotham and Compton are interchangeable?

Well, this is actually an excellent question! Especially given your initial statement.

So, the Gotham Giggler, is intended to evoke exactly that thought, the thought of Batman's foe(s) The Riddler, and The Joker. So, you're dead-on with that.

Compton, as you likely know is a city in California.

Kamala Harrris is often teased for her laugh, her giggle, or her cackle (at virtually any occasion). She is also from California (often sarcastically referred to as 'Kalifornia'). Someone else (not me) came up with the notion of 'The Gotham Giggler' as a nickname. I like it because it evokes visions of the Batman villains The Riddler and The Joker.

The only trouble is, there is no reference to 'Kalifornia', thus the thought that 'The Kompton Kackler' might be more appropriate.

So now you know...the rest of the story.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hmmm, in that case, I'd drop the Compton one altogether. Compton is down by Los Angeles, and she is from Oakland, up by Frisco. SoCal and NorCal.

Oakland isn't that nice though. Lots of crime in the Raider town. Not as bad as Compton, but it's been years since I've spent a lot of time in Cali.

You can call her the Oakland Mona Lisa, because she's always smiling. But that doesn't exactly fit what I think you're looking for.

You can always try figuring out a crack at what the left are calling her. Apparently, the Indian Americans are making posters saying LOTUS for POTUS. Kamala means lotus flower in Sanskrit. Maybe a play on that.

Anyways, I like Giggler as a word much better than Cackler.

edit on 26-7-2024 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Yeah, I'm kind of drifting back to liking The Gotham Giggler now, the more I think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join