It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Kamala Harris put in charge to lead efforts to control migrant surge at border?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Seems like the Democrats are saying Kamala Harris was never in charge of leading efforts to control the illegal migrant surge at the border.

According to the very liberal/left leaning Huff Post that was exactly what she was put in charge of.

Kamala Harris will lead efforts to control the surge of migrants at the southern border, giving the vice president leadership over one of the administration’s most high-profile challenges

The migration challenge is the first issue Biden has publicly asked Harris to lead, and it’s one he oversaw while serving as vice president under Barack Obama. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has acknowledged that the U.S. is “on pace to encounter more individuals on the southwest border than we have in the last 20 years.”

Harris will oversee the administration’s diplomatic efforts with the “Northern Triangle” countries — El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras — and work with them on both short- and long-term solutions to reduce migration to the United States. Her focus will be addressing the root causes that push people to come to the country

So what ever became of her work with El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras? What else did she do to control the migrant surge that she was put in charge of fixing?

www.huffpost.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It seems like some in her very own party are condeming Harris for botching her job at the border to control the migrant surge.

House lawmakers on a bipartisan basis passed a resolution Thursday “strongly condemning” Vice President Kamala Harris and the Biden administration for botching the US border crisis.

The resolution, introduced by House Republican conference chairwoman Elise Stefanik, was approved in a 220-196 vote and ripped “border czar” Harris and President Biden for failing to “understand the gravity of the crisis at the border” and “fix” it.

nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

This article mentions she told the Guatemalans "dont come" hehehehehe omg.

But beyond that it says she was supposed to deal with root causes. I guess they determined the root cause is people being poor so the solution is outsourcing jobs.

www.nbcnews.com...

A White House official defended Harris’ record and said her work is ongoing. “Vice President Harris continues to lead the effort to address the root causes of migration from Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador, including by generating more than $5.2 billion in investments into the region to give people economic opportunity at home. These investments are creating jobs and have connected more than 4.5 million people to the internet and brought more than 2.5 million people into the formal financial system.”

The Mexican president wants more though.

Since 2021, however, the Root Causes Strategy has made no new commitments, despite Mexican pleas for more direct investment from the U.S., not just from U.S. companies.

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said in May 2022 that the private investment strategy is too slow.

“We are convincing the government of the United States to invest with readiness,” he said at a news conference. “They have a very special system — they think that it’s enough to promote private investments. That if plants, factories are installed in Central America, then employment will be generated. … That is good, but that takes time.”

Sounds like they've gotten companies to invest in these countries? I dont know how they would do that unless its outsourcing jobs to these countries but maybe I am wrong. Maybe these companies are just generous and want to help.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Sounds like they've gotten companies to invest in these countries? I dont know how they would do that unless its outsourcing jobs to these countries but maybe I am wrong. Maybe these companies are just generous and want to help.

it makes perfect business sense. If we can't have the cheap labor come to our country, then we will send the jobs to them.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Seems like the Democrats are saying Kamala Harris was never in charge of leading efforts to control the illegal migrant surge at the border.

That's how you put lipstick on a pig, and sadly politically biased gullable people will be more than happy to convince themselves it's true.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It was the first thing they assigned her to do.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
She is a liaison match maker for payoff corridors with the migrant NGOs, one of which Mayorkas was/is a board member!!

She also made quick haste to visit drug triangle countries in Asia and Central America soon after Biden placed her in charge. The smuggling corridor routes got safer from then on.

HIAS Congratulates Board Member Alejandro Mayorkas on DHS Nomination

HIAS congratulates Board Member Alejandro Mayorkas on being named by President-Elect Joe Biden to be the new secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. If confirmed, Mayorkas would be the first Latino to head the department that implements and manages U.S. immigration policies.

A Cuban-born immigrant who arrived in the United States with his parents as a refugee, Mayorkas served as deputy secretary of Homeland Security from 2013 to 2016 and was director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services during President Obama’s first term. Mayorkas was also a primary architect of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program.

“We at HIAS have been so blessed to have Ali Mayorkas on our board of directors, and are thrilled to have him nominated to be the next Secretary of Homeland Security,” said HIAS President and CEO Mark Hetfield. “Ali has consistently demonstrated that he is not only a strong and highly respected leader, but an empathetic one who knows the heart of the stranger, as the child of a Holocaust survivor, as a Latino, and as a refugee and immigrant himself. Ali is uniquely suited to rebuild public trust in the Department of Homeland Security as he knows that America is at its greatest when we build bridges, not walls.”

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The Dems think the American people are stupid, but it's only the ones that vote for them that are stupid.

It's hilarious they are trying to say that was never Harris's job.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

And so, this increase has been consequential, but the Vice President has agreed — among the multiple other things that I have her leading — and I appreciate it — agreed to lead our diplomatic effort and work with those nations to accept re- — the returnees, and enhance migration enforcement at their borders — at their borders

So it’s not her full responsibility and job, but she’s leading the effort because I think the best thing to do is to put someone who, when he or she speaks, they don’t have to wonder about is that where the President is. When she speaks, she speaks for me. Doesn’t have to check with me. She knows what she’s doing, and I hope we can move this along.

Source

She was never placed in charge of handling our border. It was a diplomatic job to work with the countries where the most migrants were coming from, determine the root causes why they were leaving those countries, and do what we can to improve conditions in those countries.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I guess it depends on if you want to live in a consumer economy or a manufacturing economy. I like the idea of manufacturing being in the US. Gives us more jobs and puts corporations back under some type of control they are running wild right now.

Big corporations like Walmart have a lot of market share so they want everything as cheap and cheaply made as possible and have a lot of leverage on manufacturers because they can tell them "give it to us 20 cents cheaper or we won't sell it in any of our stores" so the manufacturers just bow down and either outsource for cheaper labor or use cheaper components because they don't want to be out of Walmart or wherever. They need the big customer base Walmart provides.

Its pretty ridiculous how much power these corporations have I dont understand why people dont get more upset about this scenario where they have taken so many opportunities and jobs away from people just to basically have slave labor and pay people pennies a day all in the name of profit.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

🤣 yeah her main concern is "cash commerce" solutions

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

And so, this increase has been consequential, but the Vice President has agreed — among the multiple other things that I have her leading — and I appreciate it — agreed to lead our diplomatic effort and work with those nations to accept re- — the returnees, and enhance migration enforcement at their borders — at their borders

So it’s not her full responsibility and job, but she’s leading the effort because I think the best thing to do is to put someone who, when he or she speaks, they don’t have to wonder about is that where the President is. When she speaks, she speaks for me. Doesn’t have to check with me. She knows what she’s doing, and I hope we can move this along.

Source

She was never placed in charge of handling our border. It was a diplomatic job to work with the countries where the most migrants were coming from, determine the root causes why they were leaving those countries, and do what we can to improve conditions in those countries.

Water weights 8lbs/gallon

The amount of water you carry for the lying con artists, you should look like these people....

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Both make Satan proud, but KAMALA IS RATED LOWER THAN JOE for good reason...

One would assume that, as vice president tasked with addressing the root causes of a border crisis, Harris would prioritize regular communication with the United States Border Patrol chief.

Astonishingly, this has not been the case.

Since Jason Owens was appointed as Border Patrol Chief in July 2023, amid an escalating border crisis, Vice President Harris has not spoken with him.

Additionally, former Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz revealed that Vice President Harris never reached out to him during his tenure.

“I’ve never had one conversation with the president or the vice president for that matter. I was chief of the Border Patrol. I commanded 21,000 people. That’s a problem,” Ortiz stated.
Dems and Media are mounting another effort to cheat one of theirs into the White House: www.fairus.org...

If they fail, they need to self-destruct.💣 Save the DOJ trouble, and taxpayers money.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Kamala was given pleny of assignments and titles and she hit the snooze button on every last one of them.

She LOATHES work and actual effort on her part.
Saddest thing is, she thinks her circular, nowhere pep talks are her services rendered for a nation hungry for ACTUAL EFFORT.

The fact that the left is putting their money on her is a reflection of not only how sycophantic and abysmal they can be, but just how utterly stupid those people are overall.

There's no possible way she should even win on any metric. She has done NOTHING but run her stupid mouth for decades. That's why the sleeping to the top rumors are so believable! Not only because it is, lol, but because HOW IN THE HELL DID THIS WOMAN GET ALL THE WAY TO THE OFFICE OF VICE-PRESIDENT???

That's the real historical impact of her accession. Her ultimate legacy is the fact that she actually did it and made it.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hey there must be some written reports and recommendations she wrote somewhere right?

Yeah here's one report from July 2021. And guess what, all the plans she outlined have failed with highlighted misery. 😀

July 29, 2021
FACT SHEET: Strategy to Address the Root Causes of Migration in Central America

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

You sound just like the brochure. Bravo!

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Was Kamala Harris put in charge to lead efforts to control migrant surge at border?

Yes.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Czarmala?

The shoe fits.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

Did kamala found the problem with the border? did she fixed the problem?

No.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It was the first thing they assigned her to do.

I remember that but now the dems are trying to get everyone to think it was just a Mandela effect and it never really took place.🙄

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join