It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Group stage Insurrection at US capital

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

That is not the question.

The KKK has a right to freaking march whether we like them or not. Unless these jerks broke in, beat up cops, broke into offices and sat in congressman chairs. Then it wasn't an insurrection. The constitution gives people the right to peaceably assemble. Unless they are breaking some law. They can be there. Even if we don't like it.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It makes a difference. Peaceful assembly is a right given to citizens by the Constitution.

Blah blah blah, the left defines what is peaceful or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I’m sure this was done by an entirely different group?

Kind of ironic. Freedom to deface a symbol of freedom.

Pro-Hamas supporters VANDALIZED the Freedom Bell near the Columbus monument in Washington DC.

t.me...
edit on 25-7-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

And that's illegal. Stick them in jail.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Stop it. You know better. Did they do anything that was unlawful?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

People were arrested, some damage, graffiti. blocking traffic etc. I wouldn't want to be a counter-protest...
edit on x31Thu, 25 Jul 2024 15:22:37 -05002024206America/ChicagoThu, 25 Jul 2024 15:22:37 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That's as it should be. Glad to hear it. I'm always for peaceful protesting. I get angry about peaceful protesters/reporters/ clergy, met with pepper spray and rubber bullets, arms broken while standing with their hands up peacefully, but I'm all for arresting anyone breaking a law or violent.
edit on 25-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ok. So it sounds like the malcontents were dealt with.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Giving Aid and comfort to a enemy of America used to be a prosecutable offense. Defacing public property is a criminal offense. Tearing down american flags from designated public property and raising a enemy flag and destroying it is a criminal offense. promoting rebellion against the US is a criminal offense. Treason specifically.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

That's as it should be. Glad to hear it. I'm always for peaceful protesting. I get angry about peaceful protesters/reporters/ clergy, met with pepper spray and rubber bullets, arms broken while standing with their hands up peacefully, but I'm all for arresting anyone breaking a law or violent.

I think everyone in America can agree with that. The problem is the left redefines what is peaceful. We can look at two events and see that there is a double standard. The two years of outright riots were called mostly peaceful, we are talking burning of buildings, many people hurt with some losing their lives, mass crime, and nightly violence. Trump was called a Nasi for sending federal agents to protect a federal courthouse. We also saw riots at the Whitehouse where the official Whitehouse church was under attack to be burned down and the President was positioned to go into lockdown if events got worse. Harris and others supported a fund to pay the bail of these rioters.

I lived 25 minutes from downtown Portland, so I know...

Then we have Jan 6...

Some bad actors that should get all they deserve, but most were basically tourists living the moment, with no deaths, no mass destruction, and we are talking 10s of millions of dollars in artworks all over the place. Most followed the guide rope, followed directions, and left at curfew. Some are still in jail with many in isolation. They were labeled insurrectionists though no one was actually charged with that.

This is why I say BS, because the left decides what is what... This protest was much more than just peaceful events, but it's just a peaceful protest, so do you wonder why those on the Right might be a little bit upset to how things are played out in the end?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Giving Aid and comfort to a enemy of America used to be a prosecutable offense. Defacing public property is a criminal offense. Tearing down american flags from designated public property and raising a enemy flag and destroying it is a criminal offense. promoting rebellion against the US is a criminal offense. Treason specifically.

They also fought head-to-head with the police, try that the next time you get pulled over. Peaceful is basically a sit-down where they follow MLK rules of protest, which they did not.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ok. So it sounds like the malcontents were dealt with.

Maybe...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You do realize that there were protests weekly throughout the whole country that summer? They were mostly peaceful. Those just didn't get as much news headlines.

Also, as terrible as it was, it was never at the heart of our nation, intent on stopping the electoral count, and planned violence against the VP and Congress people, with people who stated in court that they came prepared because the President told them the election was stolen and they needed to "fight" You also do not see anyone claiming that those in Portland or other places who were arrested for violence are "political prisoners" and no candidate for President is promising to pardon them.

And as much as the right tried to claim it was all Antifa, there are none to be found on J6, however there are quite a few right wing provocateurs who killed cops, damaged buildings, etc actually charged in many of those most violent nights the summer of 2020.

The situations are quite different, but all violent protesters should be arrested.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You do realize that there were protests weekly throughout the whole country that summer? They were mostly peaceful. Those just didn't get as much news headlines.

Also, as terrible as it was, it was never at the heart of our nation, intent on stopping the electoral count, and planned violence against the VP and Congress people, with people who stated in court that they came prepared because the President told them the election was stolen and they needed to "fight" You also do not see anyone claiming that those in Portland or other places who were arrested for violence are "political prisoners" and no candidate for President is promising to pardon them.

And as much as the right tried to claim it was all Antifa, there are none to be found on J6, however there are quite a few right wing provocateurs who killed cops, damaged buildings, etc actually charged in many of those most violent nights the summer of 2020.

The situations are quite different, but all violent protesters should be arrested.

Those "people" on J6 only heard what they wanted to hear. Transcripts say different at trumps rally and tweets.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

and planned violence against the VP and Congress people

You see that is the narrative I'm talking about. How would anyone even if armed with AKs stop anything? Most were middle-aged people taking selfies living in the moment. I agree it got some what violent with pushing and shoving on the initial breach, but once people came in side it all changed and people just mingled around and finally left by curfew.

No weapons, followed the directions of guards, followed guide ropes etc... That was one hell of an insurrection...lol

And as much as the right tried to claim it was all Antifa, there are none to be found on J6, however, there are quite a few right-wing provocateurs who killed cops, damaged buildings, etc actually charged in many of those most violent nights and the summer of 2020.

We are talking about a 1 to 1000 ratio. 1000 of violent leftists and you say but what about the few far right? Doesn't really matter, you have proved my point a few times.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Listen. We all know that there's a difference between peaceful assembly and illegal activity. And my response was about the group sitting in the capitol building. Anyone that commits a crime should be arrested and prosecuted. No one is disputing this.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There were those with weapons just wandering around as well. There were also those that were attacking police officers. The wanderers did not just walk into an open to the public building. Others fought through the police line, and broke the windows and the doors so that access could be made. I do understand if you only watched Tucker Carlson and other touted video, you only see people like Chansley walking through an open door, however, even here, there is posted video of how the door was opened. PB Domenic Pezzola and his group fought the line, broke the window and then the door.

Also, so now the "political prisoners" are just stupid people who shouldn't have believed the President when he said the election was stolen and they need to fight like hell? Repeatedly told their choice was stolen from them for months and they needed to do something.

And 15,000 people were arrested at riots in 2020. There were over 10,600 protests throughout the country in 2020.

There was only one at the Capitol intent on stopping the electoral count, with an organized group of Oath Keepers guilty of Seditious Conspiracy who had granted, a bad plan, but a plan none the less of gassing the tunnels that congress were fleeing from and holding the Capitol for weeks if necessary. It's not comparable to a riot.

edit on 26-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Dandandat3

Has Kamala asked for no bail releases for the arrested protestors? 😃

Oh, you mean like she did for the J6 protestors whether they were present or not?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
laughable narratives lately

Hakeem Jeffries suggests DC anti-Israel protests were not left-wing progressives

“It’s not clear to me that any of the protesters associate with the left wing of the Democratic Party when these are individuals who have been aggressively protesting members of the House Democratic Caucus,” Jeffries (D-NY) told reporters Thursday.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
a reply to: Dandandat3

Not an insurrection. Nothing to see here.

When the J6 hostages are released by President Trump in 7 months, there will be plenty to point to and say, "These people damaged government property, but aren't in prison. Equal justice for all...for EVERYONE."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join