It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Group stage Insurrection at US capital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Progressive group opposed to the war in Gaza stage an insurrection at the US capital. About 200 interactionists were arrested.

It is clear to see why President Biden and VP Harris are distanceing themselves from the Jewish Prime Minister. There is a lot of anger over this topic and they can not afford to loose anymore support from their progressive base in an election year.

It must be difficult to have to balance affairs of state while also running in an election.

About 200 people protesting Gaza war arrested in congressional building, police say

About 200 demonstrators staging a sit-in against the war in Gaza were arrested on Capitol Hill Tuesday, according to U.S. Capitol Police, a day before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was to address a joint meeting of Congress.

In a post on X, the agency said the protesters, gathered in the rotunda of the Cannon House Office Building, were arrested for “Crowding, Obstructing or Incommoding,” and added that it's against the law to demonstrate in congressional buildings.

The protest was coordinated by the group Jewish Voice for Peace, which says it is “the largest progressive Jewish anti-Zionist organization in the world.”

“For nine months, we’ve watched in horror as the Israeli government has carried out a genocide, armed and funded by the U.S. Congress and the Biden administration have the power to end this horror today,” Jewish Voice for Peace Executive Director Stefanie Fox said in a statement on the organization's website. “Instead, our president is preparing to meet with Netanyahu and Congressional leadership has honored him with an invitation to address Congress. Enough is enough."

link

edit on 24-7-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Trying to strike that balance is what's getting them in trouble. Pick a side. Instead they've pissed off both supporters of Hamas and supporters of Israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What did I just read!!!! I feel I must respond. I had to read the OP plus the link to make sure I wasn't reading a novel. I even had to look up what incommoding meant. Firstly the OP title "stage an insurrection", That's the OPs title, please look up what an "insurrection" is alter the title because this "demo" is the farthest from what an insurrection is.
Then what they are being charged with???????? Crowding, obstructing or incommoding??????? Who in the name of hades fetched those out of the bag. They were sitting in the rotunda, at a far reach you could say they were a crowd BUT they were not obstructing or incommoding as they is clearly a wide path around them with no obstruction, but what's the incommoding bit?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

My first question is "did they get a permit to hold a demonstration"? If not, then every one of them are violating the law and should be arrested. I thought it was unlawful to demonstrate inside the capitol. Disrupting Congressional operations or something like that.

They will get a slap on the wrist and sent home without charges. It's just about a sure bet.
edit on 24-7-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Get with the program! Leftists do "demonstrations"; a "Leftist" demonstration isn't an insurrection. Whereas, a collection of two or more "normal" white guys shouting epithets and shaking fists at the White House or the Congressional buildings is an "insurrection".

Put another way, "Leftists anti-semite/anti-christian Marxists" (now called "Progressives"), by definition of the Elites who control language actually "can't" do an insurrection; all they do is peaceful protests.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

HEY!
Kamala had a very good reason as to why she couldn't attend the Israeli PM's meeting with congress.

She's giving a speech to a sorority.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Has Kamala asked for no bail releases for the arrested protestors? 😃

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Did they cause a riot and break things? Or did they peacefully assemble?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu just delivered a speech to the House and Senate.

He says these pro Hamas protesters in America are useful idiots.

They are probably glad they got his attention.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's insane.

Some of the Rabbis that got arrested said that the 200 count is wrong and many more than that were arrested. Many among them were children of Holocaust survivors and many were Rabbis who were helping organize the protest.

The children of the Holocaust survivors were chanting Never Again, and when interviewed about it they said Never Again does not apply to only Jews or it would have no meaning, Never Again means Never Again for Anyone.

They occupied a space and sat on the ground, the very definition of peaceful protest.

Maybe they'll learn a lesson -- you can't say anything against Israel, even if you are Jewish yourself. It's just off limits, learn your place or get pepper sprayed and arrested.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If they can be charged or ticketed for sitting in the rotunda per the law, then do so.

See, it's easy. If they broke the windows and doors to enter, charge them. If they beat an officer, charge them.

I won't be making a givesendgo, making a choir song with them, expect my congress person to refer to them as "political prisoners" or "hostages"and go protest the jail, nor do I want to hear my President say he'll pardon any of them that were violent.

Again, it's pretty easy.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not an insurrection. Nothing to see here. What could you possibly have against some young un's out having a little fun by burning the American flag and hoisting up a Palestinian flag?

Bell Art

Nothing to see here either...

edit on 24-7-2024 by TruthJava because: edited

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Only if you NEVER check sources. See that's why with the oppressive fact checking on Twitter.

That's a statue as defaced on either November 6th, 2023 or June 8th, 2024 by Pro-Hamas animals.

www.fox5dc.com...

wtop.com...

This was not from the Rotunda where these Jewish protrstors did their non-destructive sit in.

It's one thing to call the pro-Hamas protestors animals, which is true, it's another thing to play viral superspreader for a deliberate out of context post that exploits ignorance and seeks to make people angry.

* Forgot about the "protest" a month ago in original response.
edit on 24-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Who cares, I feel like we almost lost our democracy today.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

They occupied a space and sat on the ground, the very definition of peaceful protest.

Well, we got examples of almost peaceful protests in the summers of love...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It makes a difference. Peaceful assembly is a right given to citizens by the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

They are openly supporting a terrorist organization.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join