It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Historic Underground Megastructure Found in Russia - Khara-Hora Shaft

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Pre-Historic Underground Megastructure Found in Russia - Khara-Hora Shaft

So this is very interesting.

The remote and rugged region in the North Caucasus, in the Kabardino-Balkaria Republic of the Russian Federation, is a place of towering mountains and untamed wilderness. Yet, in 2011, Arthur Zhemukhov, who is a Russian speleologist, which is the scientific study and exploration of caves, made an astonishing discovery at the Khara-Hora mountain peak. There, he found a deep, narrow, vertical shaft, seemingly swallowed by the Earth itself. It was made of parallel stone slabs that seemed perfectly geometrical as if they were artificially made. The walls were straight and polished, extending 40 meters or 130 feet deep into the mountain, before opening into a wide underground hall. The straight walls of this shaft were constructed from large megalithic blocks that fitted together at right angles with minimal gaps. There were even large stones that looked like columns.

Ancient man had some amazing way of moving humongous sized stone.

They havnt even gotten to the bottom of this place, the light from their torches didn't even hit a bottom!

Just amazing altogether

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

That is cool.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Great Thread, thanks SK2

Questions that come to mind,
a) You mentioned something about the megalithic period but do we know if the shaft/structure has been dated?
b) What is the name of the mountain range where Khara-Gora is sited and when was it formed?
c) have the mountains or crust plates at the foundation moved at any time, particularly post-construction?

Looking at the sizes of some of the apertures, the narrator mentions how air passes through, causing some kind of ventilation system. The other element that can pass through cracks is water. Is there any speculation this system of shafts, tunnels and fissures was used as an irrigation system or well?

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: covent

Apparently Khara-Gora is located in the Ustyurt Plateau, which is part of the Ustyurt region which extends across parts of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.

And the region is considered to be geologically stable compared to more seismically active regions.
edit on 20-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Mysterious indeed! Not least bc of the deaths of most folk involved, not unlike the Mummy's curse. Makes you wonder if those Egyptian archeologists saw things some would prefer kept secret.

The right angles are undeniably unnatural. Interesting that warm air rose from below! Considering the spaces are too small for habitation the warm air makes me wonder if it was a constructed as a source of heat, which no longer operates as intended. Even an energy source if it hot enough. Being able to tap into the hot magma does seem like a no-brainer as an energy source, so long as you can reach it in a way that doesn't create a vent for pressure build up; that would be an epic booboo

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: covent
c) have the mountains or crust plates at the foundation moved at any time, particularly post-construction?

Great question! This could explain why (if it had once had a use) it no longer functions

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

The lack of markings and ideograms is interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: McGinty

The lack of markings and ideograms is interesting.

Same as the inside of the pyramids of Giza.
Even similar narrow shafts.

Similar mega huge blocks.

And yes, its also fascinating that most if not all those guys are now dead.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: covent
Great Thread, thanks SK2

Questions that come to mind,
a) You mentioned something about the megalithic period but do we know if the shaft/structure has been dated?
b) What is the name of the mountain range where Khara-Gora is sited and when was it formed?

Looking at the sizes of some of the apertures, the narrator mentions how air passes through, causing some kind of ventilation system. The other element that can pass through cracks is water. Is there any speculation this system of shafts, tunnels and fissures was used as an irrigation system or well?

The text i posted which i got from the youtube poster, tells us its located North Caucasus .

As yet it has not been dated

Just by looking at the video and pictures there doesn't seem to have been any movement. I didn't see any cracks either. Or evidence of water.

I only know what is seen in the video.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   
An interesting find. Certainly looks to have been constructed, but until some form of dating is done or is even possible then we are somewhat in the dark. Certainly you couldn’t place those ‘blocks’ without opening up the side of the mountain quite thoroughly - which is possible and has been done before.

It’s use and purpose would also be interesting to know.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It's interesting, but from what I've seen so far it looks like a bunch of natural formations.

What's really interesting is how large the rock formations are, which may explain the large cracks. I wonder what type of rock it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM19688
I agree and I would take it a step further. What is the "mountains" geology? Could it be that the stone structures were built then the "mountain" put around it? OK, it's a massive undertaking but according to some megalithic sites not impossible. If so, then what is the structures "outside" shape?

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
aw hell troll will be on here claiming, russia is the birthplace of all prehistoric structures now.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That would be an amazing bomb shelter lol.

Nice find.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Tin foil hat moment..

First thought (no caffeine yet so be gentle) Geo Engineering site depending on the age of the mtn range.

Second thought also could see ventilation for a deeper something.

I have trouble accepting natural if that drawing is remotely accurate on that giant chamber, its possible but unlikely in my opinion.
edit on 49Sat, 20 Jul 2024 10:49:02 -050049021010amf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

oooooh now that is wicked .

I've got a Left field Theory ... The Large Lower Chamber held an Ancient God and the Narrow chamber leading to it was used to lower Sacrifices down

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Awesome find!

Not natural, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good find!

My family lived in that mountain range until 1913.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Tin foil hat moment..

First thought (no caffeine yet so be gentle) Geo Engineering site depending on the age of the mtn range.

Second thought also could see ventilation for a deeper something.

I have trouble accepting natural if that drawing is remotely accurate on that giant chamber, its possible but unlikely in my opinion.

I agree with you there mate.

That giant chamber way too square-like or right angled, to be natural.

As for ventilation for something deeper? Wouldn't that be almost spooky if it were true? Like how far down does it actually go?
They've no idea according to the video.

Whats down there?

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: ARM19688
I agree and I would take it a step further. What is the "mountains" geology? Could it be that the stone structures were built then the "mountain" put around it? OK, it's a massive undertaking but according to some megalithic sites not impossible. If so, then what is the structures "outside" shape?

I actually thought this too.

Like, surely it would be near impossible to get hundreds of ton weight blocks down into a ravine and set them up perfectly?

Like you said, maybe the building/s came first and then the 'mountain' put around it?
Perhaps the people were finished with it, whatever 'it' was, and literally built a mountain around it.?

Ah, the possibilities, the mysteries, love it !!

<<   2  3 >>

join