It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump stock shorted day before assassination attempt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If there weren't people out there who would do absolutely anything, including selling their very soul to the devil, to make a buck, I might agree with you. But that's not the reality of the market.

Soros is a great example. He sets up political and economic turmoil and chaos in entire countries and then starts shorting everything central to their economy while at the same time doing similar activity in the currency markets. He brought much of western Europe to its financial knees, especially the UK, and then turned around and did the same thing in '96 and '97 over in Malaysia. Just about bankrupt the country. I was actually working in Malaysia when that deal went down. He basically collapsed their booming economy in the span to 2 weeks, took the profits and ran. That's wrong. No matter how you slice it. He was deeply involved in shorting and blowing up derivatives during the 08' crisis here in the US too. He didn't cause the sub-prime market crash, but he certainly took advantage of the market failure to his gain. What everyone called "toxic debt" were just different words for derivatives. And shorting stocks rolled up into derivatives is an almost anonymous way to clandestinely manipulate the market.

I'm not suggesting just one practice, shorting, be eliminated; I'm calling for both derivatives AND shorting to be banned.

edit - The country of Malaysia never fully recovered from those events even nearly 30 years later.

edit on 7/18/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
. . and they used an old trick of filing a mistake, then retracting with a corrected filing.

Short 12 million was the "error". Corrected to 1200 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tricks and Treats.

Bet they would not have called it an error if Trump had died.

They would be rich.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There are always going to be people who exploit systems.

But banning short selling and derivatives would just put the exploitation on the other side.

The other side of the story is in 08’ when banks were giving multiple home loans to anyone with a pulse. Equity groups were buying the mortgages and putting them in equity funds, and ratings agency were rating the funds as A+.

Part of the exposure came from the famous short seller Michael Burry.

If we let toxic assets sit on the market for too long, they cause more damage like Enron. If we allow toxic practices to continue, you get 08’ which has further reaching impact.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

originally posted by: xuenchen
. . and they used an old trick of filing a mistake, then retracting with a corrected filing.

Short 12 million was the "error". Corrected to 1200 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tricks and Treats.

Bet they would not have called it an error if Trump had died.

They would be rich.

A correction to a filing doesn’t change the trade.

If they shorted 12 million shares, the only way to exit is to satisfy the shorts. They would have lost millions if that trade happened, and it will certainly be on the books.

A filing is just a declaration of trades made to the regulators and public.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

" I'm not suggesting just one practice, shorting, be eliminated; I'm calling for both derivatives AND shorting to be banned."

That would Never Happen . Come On Man ! The Market is Rigged in the Favor of the " Insider " Rich . I Found that Out the Hard Way back in 1989 . Effin ' Bastids !

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The market is a lot like the holdem table...."If you can't spot the chump, it's you." You can thank Amarillo Slim for the quote.

If it's any comfort...I lost everything in o8 and had to start from scratch. In retrospect it was a blessing; the new career turned out fantastic.

Here's another quote for you...."The Lord works in mysterious ways"
edit on 18-7-2024 by lilzazz because: i wanted to

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

The market is a lot like the holdem table...."If you can't spot the chump, it's you." You can thank Amarillo Slim for the quote.

Only if you’re gambling. Buy and hold S&P 500.

If you did this every year you’ll make money.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

In 1989 , You Had to Call In your Stock Transactions . If you Snoozed you Loosed......

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I own 6K shares in GE.

It's pocket change for the most part.

I'm a regular guy also.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Rumble also got shorted 34 million shares by the same company shorting Trump, Austin Private Wealth, LLC. It does link back to the usual suspects, Israel.

Brighteon Broadcast News, July 18, 2024 – Blackrock-linked investment fund placed MASSIVE put options on Trump company ONE DAY before assassination attempt

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
THIS RIGHT HERE ALONE, is evidence of a conspiracy to kill Donald Trump. All one needs do is interrogate the ones who shorted those stocks as to how and why they would believe they would profit. Squeeze the information out of them. a reply to: pianopraze

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sounds like some Democrat backers or some greedy people were trying to punish the owners of that business. Sabatage or just greed are the two choices here. A big supporter of Biden might try something like that if they had lots of money.

No way of knowing for sure what the reason for the short was. Just speculation. I have seen people short stocks and drive the price down occassionally to make profits....But this seems to be a n organized hit.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I own 6K shares in GE.

I'm a regular guy also.

If I had that many shares of GE, I would retire....Oh wait, I am already retired...so I don't need them.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Unseendimension

All one needs do is interrogate the ones who shorted those stocks as to how and why they would believe they would profit.

Let’s see.

At the end of May, Truth posted their first quarter earnings. If operated at a $328m dollar loss.

Or

They knew there was going to be an assassination attempt.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I own 6K shares in GE.

I'm a regular guy also.

If I had that many shares of GE, I would retire....Oh wait, I am already retired...so I don't need them.

In 11 months I am retiring.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Only if you’re gambling. Buy and hold S&P 500.

If you did this every year you’ll make money.

But I am a gambler. I have made and lost fortunes...My life experiences are worth a lot more than a false sense of security. "Buy the ticket, take the ride"....HST

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I own 6K shares in GE.

I'm a regular guy also.

In 11 months I am retiring.

Many people die right after they retire because they quickly change their diet and activities and it causes metabolic issues to occur. Some people who had easy jobs go wild and die of heart attacks, others who had active jobs and sweat out toxins cannot rid the bodies of toxins through sweating and wind up messed up or dying if they do not alter their diet to match. We need you to stay alive and keep posting things that are not delusional.

I had a major problem with going from a construction worker to not working and I did not know I had to adjust my diet because I was no longer sweating....could have solved that by taking saunas a few times a week, but don't have a sauna. There were a couple of hard years I had lots of health issues till I figured out I can't eat some things I used to sweat out.

So remember what I said, I do not know what kind of changes you might have, but adjust appropriately by paying attention to how things make you feel, and don't consume too much of the stuff they call super foods for too long. A little is good for you, but lots of people I know had serious problems boosting those in their diet too much...moderation is necessary. Too much of a good thing can make people delusional.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You’re in good company. There’s a reason I know so much about options lol.

I have an account I gamble with, but the 401k and IRA are 95% ETFs.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   
We'll see what happens with the House investigations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join