It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump stock shorted day before assassination attempt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
12 million puts right before assassination attempt.

Apparently never been this big a short (on Trumps stock not sure which stock, Truth socials?) before according to Tim.

Reminds me of 9/11

No idea where to put this thread so putting it here in SW, mods feel free to change to better forum.
edit on 18-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Added SW and annotation on stock for clarity.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I believe they corrected the story, it was only 1200 shares shorted.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If true, it would be interesting to look at other similar stocks which may be closely related to a candidate (besides Trump).

As much as I'd love to find a conspiracy in this Truth Social stock short, I don't think there is one. My suspicion is any stock related to a candidate gets shorted before a major public appearance. Reason being, it's probably a safe bet the candidate will step on their d**k at some point during a public appearance, and it will be a quick buck on a short sell.

Personally, I think short selling and derivatives should be outlawed. There's just something fundamentally wrong about profiting on stocks when people and companies 'lose'. Betting on failure is fundamentally wrong, and rich with opportunity to rig the market. And this is exactly what the short is...betting on others losing.

edit on 7/18/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: turbo81

I don’t know.

The stock website he shows in video looks like 12 million.

Can anyone explain ?

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: turbo81

It depends on how the short was placed that would make this a huge red flag IMO.

If this was 12,000 or 1,200 shares, non story.

If this was 12,000 puts, but had an expiry of one year, it’s still huge for curiosity.

If it’s 1,200 puts with a one year expiry, I’d say non story.

If the puts only carried a month or less, I’d say it’s hugely suspect.

Each put contract is 100 shares, so 1,200 contracts still isn’t small potatoes.

The one thing to keep in mind is all volatile stocks have a lot of option contract volume. Aside from there being a potential from quick money, options are also a good tool for big traders, brokerages, and funds to hedge positions. Often contracts can be a cheap way to protect a larger position in case you’re wrong or there’s an unpredictable event.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Devils advocate:

They were banking on Trump going to jail on the 11th of July as it has been posited that this put trade was made on June 30.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If this was 12,000 or 1,200 shares, non story.

a reply to: CriticalStinker
How much per share? I agree with you that the amount of shares is revelant but so is the per share value. It does remind us of how insiders capitalized on 911 but we need to determine how many shares and the cost per share. I think these types of investments (gambles) are ok because it uses the same logic for investing in a company you think will do well.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

It was roughly $30 a share.

I can’t look up the options prices unless I know the strike price and expiry.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   

around $30

It's $37 today.

Link

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
reply to: wAnchorofCarp
Thank you for the speedy reply. Seems like a non issue according to the shares total and the per share value.

edit on 18-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Devils advocate:

They were banking on Trump going to jail on the 11th of July as it has been posited that this put trade was made on June 30.

Very possible.

2nd.

Edit this was July 12th, not June 30th.

More puts than all of the stocks previous history combined.
edit on 18-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Edit

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Almost 8 million shares traded today alone.

I wouldn’t chalk this up as a non story just yet, it just depends on how the trade was made. If it was shares shorted or put options. The options would only be a big deal to me if the contracts were only good for a month or less.

An option contract is the following

1 contract = 100 shares

Call is betting the stock price goes up
Put is a bet it goes down

You have to pick how long the contract is good for (expiry is the date the contract has to be sold or executed by)

And you have to pick a strike price. So stock price is $37 today.

Example

If I want to bet Trump wins and the stock would go up, I can get a call option with a 12/10/24 expiry and a $40 strike (contract cost right now $1000). The contract is good until 12/10, and as long as I hold the contract I can execute and buy 100 shares at $40.

If the stock goes up to $50 at any point, I can buy 100 shares at $40 and hold, or I can just sell the contract at market value (floor value would be $2000 but likely higher due to speculators).

Some people do this just to gamble. Some do it to hedge other positions they have.

Let’s say I have 100 shares but think the stock will be trading sideways. I can sell a call option.

Let’s say I have 1,000 shares but am worried about one of the court cases. I can buy 10 put options that expire after sentencing to hedge me in case something horrible happens.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
If true, it would be interesting to look at other similar stocks which may be closely related to a candidate (besides Trump).

As much as I'd love to find a conspiracy in this Truth Social stock short, I don't think there is one. My suspicion is any stock related to a candidate gets shorted before a major public appearance. Reason being, it's probably a safe bet the candidate will step on their d**k at some point during a public appearance, and it will be a quick buck on a short sell.

Personally, I think short selling and derivatives should be outlawed. There's just something fundamentally wrong about profiting on stocks when people and companies 'lose'. Betting on failure is fundamentally wrong, and rich with opportunity to rig the market. And this is exactly what the short is...betting on others losing.

Don’t know squat about the market and whatnot, but I agree with this. It should just be market driven gain and loss not people dickin’ people out of their money.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Show me a social media company that isn't susceptible to it's stock price going down? Even as big as they are, Farcebook and Twitter are highly volatile investments.
Farcebook is down $50 over the past 2 weeks, $540 down to $490, and X is down $10 since Jan, from $48 down to $38.
edit on 18-7-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Short sellers keep the stock market healthy.

They cleansed out a lot of Chinese companies when there was a bubble.

It incentivizes people to dig through thousands of pages of financials to audit companies. If they do that and find shady stuff they get paid.

If a market has a huge drop, short sellers make money and usually buy the stocks that just got shaved to start the uptick.

You can’t have a free and fair stock market unless you can bet both ways.
edit on 18-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Almost 8 million shares traded today alone.

I wouldn’t chalk this up as a non story just yet, it just depends on how the trade was made. If it was shares shorted or put options. The options would only be a big deal to me if the contracts were only good for a month or less.

An option contract is the following

1 contract = 100 shares

Call is betting the stock price goes up
Put is a bet it goes down

You have to pick how long the contract is good for (expiry is the date the contract has to be sold or executed by)

And you have to pick a strike price. So stock price is $37 today.

Example

If I want to bet Trump wins and the stock would go up, I can get a call option with a 12/10/24 expiry and a $40 strike (contract cost right now $1000). The contract is good until 12/10, and as long as I hold the contract I can execute and buy 100 shares at $40.

If the stock goes up to $50 at any point, I can buy 100 shares at $40 and hold, or I can just sell the contract at market value (floor value would be $2000 but likely higher due to speculators).

Some people do this just to gamble. Some do it to hedge other positions they have.

Let’s say I have 100 shares but think the stock will be trading sideways. I can sell a call option.

Let’s say I have 1,000 shares but am worried about one of the court cases. I can buy 10 put options that expire after sentencing to hedge me in case something horrible happens.

Agree, 100% basesd on 1,200 or even 12,00 shares. A total non issue, irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
They didn't just short the stock. They put the shooter in a commercial and apparently even own the building he was perched on.

Globalist investment firms BlackRock and Vanguard are suspiciously connected to a company that shorted Trump company stocks ahead of the shooting and the owner of the building that would-be Trump assassin Matthew Crooks fired his shots from.

www.infowars.com...

ETA - that's one hell of a nothing burger. Nothing to see. Move along s/

edit on 5310416America/Chicagopm18 by 5thHead because: 🍔

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Especially considering the company operates at a loss. Also Twitter for bought and restructured making the niche truth had les relevant.

Plenty of people are going to short the stock for those reasons alone.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Was Nancy Pelosi one of the " Shorters " ? Asking for a Friend......
edit on 18-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
. . and they used an old trick of filing a mistake, then retracting with a corrected filing.

Short 12 million was the "error". Corrected to 1200 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tricks and Treats.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join