It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A light thread for your enjoyment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cracka
It's not the carbs in beer making you fat, it's the alcohol itself.

Technically it is both...

Your body will process alcohol first instead of carbs.

If the percentage is high enough, your body will store the carbs while burning the alcohol.

As someone who is slim and runs a lot but drinks a 8.5 point beer that has 22 carbs a bottle, I know this.

edit on 100000007America/Chicago7pmThu, 18 Jul 2024 20:03:31 -050003 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The few people I know that drank Bud Light stopped drinking it when all that broke out. Two I have talked to in the last three months said they will never go back to any light beer again, they realized what they were missing after again tasting the full flavor beer.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I think it's the BEER making me fat, or making me robust, as I like to call it.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Gluten free beers that taste good are few and far between.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It amazes me that Bud Light is still selling, it's the worst beer I have ever tasted, but then my beer palate is somewhat seasoned for the darker brews.

Wait! Are the sales reflective of the LGBTQ community bars' deliberately serving that brand? I wonder.
edit on q00000021731America/Chicago2828America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   
We're still talking about this?

I realized that conservatives were being manipulated when I learned this "spokesperson" wasn't actually a "spokesperson" and just part of a larger marketing event that had faces from a large number of social media influences.

Bud Light’s collaboration with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney was part of a larger marketing event aimed at attracting young drinkers and revitalizing the brand’s declining sales.

This influencer was on less than 2% of the cans or something like that. But the outrage from people it made you think that it was on every can. I totally understand it was an incredibly tone deaf marketing attempt. Borderline gaslighting...

But at the end of the day it's still a company that sells a product that kills thousands of Americans annually. So I kinda doubt they care about your feelings as much as they do their ESG score.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think it's the BEER making me fat, or making me robust, as I like to call it.

Big boned is the expression ND ,the women in my family are big boned
and all around the 280 lbs group .

It must be Genes as drinking is a cultural thing in Scotland and I drunk 10 plus pints daily for a lot of years and I still have the 32 inch waist I left school with and I ate like a bloody horse back then even a guy who was 450 lbs + told me I was making him sick watching the amount off food I was shovelling into my face ikyn , I only eat a fraction of what I did when I was working now and the only time I my life I put on weight was when I was taking Statins after my heart attacks as soon as i stopped the pills the weight dropped off .

Have you been checked for diabetes?
edit on 19/7/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
We're still talking about this?

I realized that conservatives were being manipulated when I learned this "spokesperson" wasn't actually a "spokesperson" and just part of a larger marketing event that had faces from a large number of social media influences.

Bud Light’s collaboration with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney was part of a larger marketing event aimed at attracting young drinkers and revitalizing the brand’s declining sales.

This influencer was on less than 2% of the cans or something like that. But the outrage from people it made you think that it was on every can. I totally understand it was an incredibly tone deaf marketing attempt. Borderline gaslighting...

But at the end of the day it's still a company that sells a product that kills thousands of Americans annually. So I kinda doubt they care about your feelings as much as they do their ESG score.

Not even close to 2%.

It was a one off can.

Manufactured outrage from the usual suspects.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That was kinda retarded. The boycott thing. Over a smiling trans influencer? Really screwed over The Belgians until they reminded America they still have rights to the clydesdales and recovered some lost sales. Not all.

The funny thing was Bud Light was always a frat boy keg beer. The cheapest pisswater available. Why they thought any part of their demographic would respond well was a mistake in marketing. That was like having an interior decorator becoming the flamboyant pitch man for a tool company.

And the best beer Is Genesse Cream Ale. Which is like cream soda that you can get drunk off of. Like everyone else they are owned by someone else.

Looking up ownership, Genesse was bought by Labatt. But is not owned by Inbev (like Canadian Labatt or Budwiser), Labatt USA is privately held by FIFCO which is really owned by a Costa Rican fruit company.

So Canadian Labatt is owned by Belgium
And American Labatt is owned by Costa Rica.

GO GLOBALIZATION!
edit on 19-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Bud Light?

There's more hops in a dead frog.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Bud Light?

There's more hops in a dead frog.

Beer joke...

"Trust me you can dance", says beer.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

"Beer goggles".

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Another one...

A Roman walks into a bar and puts up two fingers and says "give me five beers".

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Bloke walks into an empty pub, orders a pint of Bud Light (on topic).

A little voice pipes up.

'I like your shirt. Have you lost weight? Nice shoes".

Puzzled, he looks at the landlord.

'It's the peanuts. They're complimentary".

Then a louder voice.

"Oi! You. Did you spill my pint? Outside NOW"!

Landlord: "Pay no attention. It's the cigarette machine. It's out of order".

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Empty pub indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Probably cos they only did Bud Light?

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Probably cos they only did Bud Light?

Maybe it was an LGBTQ pub serving bud light but the action doesn't start until 11 p.m. ? Maybe the prime entertainment was that broken cigarette machine ?

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Here in darkest Wiltshire we like our Cider.

Snakebite Special:-

Pint of Scrumpy.

Dash of Blackcurrant.

Shot of Pernod.

Proper lush.

You could probably use one after getting dogpiled in that other thread?

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You know I could use it, it sounds potent.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yep. Drinking a few when the Wurzels played up the road in 2008. Two combine harvesters with lights on either side of the stage. Cider ran out, so did the hog roast.

Happy days.

PS. Bud Light was not an option.

<< 1   >>

join