It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A light thread for your enjoyment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.foxbusiness.com...

"Bud Light is still the #1 selling beer in the United States on a volume basis (cases) and has started to recover from the Dylan Mulvaney situation that occurred on April 1st of 2023," a statement from the consulting firm to FOX Business reads. "While $ sales aren’t quite back into the ‘positive’ yet, the declines for the brand have improved dramatically and Retailer support continues to improve week after week."

Being a larger person, I have enjoyed a beer once. It was good. But when all this happened, it looked like a good time to change brands. If there was a way to send a message that most of us, aren't into the woke idiocy. Well, the boycot seemed like a fine way to do that. Nobody get physically hurt, people were able to make choices that ended up making a really clear message that was heard, but likely not understood. Well, it's been over a year now, and I assume many aren't coming back. I'm just one guy, but I switched to Flight from Yuengling. I like it, and it has potential to make me less fat. But what of Bud Light? Well, it seems my taste buds have changed. I really don't like it any more. It seems too sweet. I wonder how many others did the same?

I still feel like if they would have admitted the mistake, and apologized for upsetting their loyal customers, they might have made it past this, and not had it go on long enough to have their fans find a new brew. But they didn't, and the fans did find a new brew. At least it appears that way based on the numbers.

This was just another slice of clown world, and I hope one day we can look back on all this and smile. With a beer. Not a Bud Light.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For some reason I never liked Bud lite, but drank a semi truck load of Coors Silver Bullets. I too have switched... to the occasional Mexican beer. Dos Equis to be more precise. Corona or Modelo sometimes for a change of pace flavor.
I find that a beer and a little 420 keeps the party rockin.

I too struggled with putting on weight with beer. Cutting back was an ordeal, I enjoyed drinking with my crew at the bar.

edit on 18-7-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I haven't drank bud lite since I lived in the barracks. Stuff always left me with a headache in the morning.

I prefer bourbon, but if I'm drinking beer, I prefer Yuengling

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I would prefer it as well, if I didn't have to drive to another state 2.5 hours away.

I like how they say "not quite in the positive yet" What does that mean?

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I used to like a cold beer every so often.
But now I can't do gluten.
So no more beer for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I found myself wondering if this wasn't a test to measure not only public sentiment and its affects on society, but also how long-and hard- it would be to turn public views around with tarjeted advertizing.

Right after the whole #e show they came out with denime wearing young cowbys/cowgirls adds.

It was a good way to measure how many people live via intellegence versus feelings. I don't think they 'misjudged' their audience; it was a data mining test.
JMO

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They did say this would all blow over in short order and it did, still #1 huh?

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Never liked Bud or Bud lite. Liked Miller High Life and Draft even less (gave me a serious headache). Weirdly, my favorite commercial brew beer is Miller Lite. For some strange reason Miller Lite just agrees with me. To me, it's completely different from Miller and Genuine draft. But from there I go straight to foreign beers and/or micros.

Can't drink too much beer anymore; gives me gout (and gout SUCKS, big time!!) They say beef does it too, and we raise cattle so I damn sure ain't givin' up beef...so, the beer had to go. Sorry 'bout that, beer, ol' buddy!

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yep, they really never missed a beat. Profits are higher than ever, and they are looking for the newest confused dude in a dress to use as their next spokes.....person. Men in dresses are like the new version of Cheryl Ladd back in the day. Sofaking sexy.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So no more beer for me.

Perhaps...

www.brewpublik.com...

I've never drank one. Probably never will...

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

So no more beer for me.

Perhaps...

www.brewpublik.com...

I've never drank one. Probably never will...

A gluten free, non-alcoholic beer.... or as we call it, water.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I haven't drank bud lite since I lived in the barracks. Stuff always left me with a headache in the morning.

I prefer bourbon, but if I'm drinking beer, I prefer Yuengling

Ditto...I only drink Yuengling.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: quintessentone

Yep, they really never missed a beat. Profits are higher than ever, and they are looking for the newest confused dude in a dress to use as their next spokes.....person. Men in dresses are like the new version of Cheryl Ladd back in the day. Sofaking sexy.

They never missed a beat huh, well I don't believe that.

It's been a year and a half. It's the number ONE beer selling in USA by volume and it's starting to recover. Sales aren't in the positive yet????? Hmm, I wouldn't be bragging nor would I be jumping on the 'let's try that again" band wagon.

Bud Light's Dylan Mulvaney fiasco cost Anheuser-Busch more than $1B in sales last year. Mar 1, 2024

They missed a beat, about 1 billion of them.

But I'm glad they're on the up and up. It wasn't such a dumb mistake that it should shut them down.

ETA: and from op site dated today, the TITLE:

Bud Light falls to No. 3 beer brand more than year after Dylan Mulvaney controversy Michelob Ultra tops Bud Light in sales, with Modelo Especial leading them both

edit on th31202400000031bThu, 18 Jul 2024 17:15:43 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

that was a bit of sarcasm. I think the numbers speak for themselves, even if the rabid leftovers want to pretend it never happened. They need some pity and a pat on the head. And they need to do better. Much better.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So no more beer for me.

I've had a few "gluten-removed" beers and they were awesome. No compromise in taste. By "gluten-removed" it means they add an enzyme to the beer before packaging which somehow "removes" like 99.8% of the gluten.

Granted it was a few years ago that I drank them and found them at my local market. I hope the trend caught on

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: StoutBroux

that was a bit of sarcasm. I think the numbers speak for themselves, even if the rabid leftovers want to pretend it never happened. They need some pity and a pat on the head. And they need to do better. Much better.

ohhhhhh.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Hehe you made me smile. You've enjoyed a beer once. I personally never got the hype around Bud or Bud light i always prefer Miller or Corona. But I usually don't drink beer usually I drink rum or champagne. Sometimes brandy. Just usually more alcohol content than beer is what I'm going for.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You would get laughed out of town where I stay ND and called a beer poof if you ordered any of those light lagers as they are considered light beers for the girls .

Most men like ale real ale and support small brewerys and we have a good selection of beer in the UK and none has gone down the Bud light route or they will get slaughtered.

I love a good 7.3 % beer like Mcewans champion ale or a Newcastle brown type beer , but gluging a 4 % beer is for mellow folk I think ,

I like a high alcohol content beer like I mentioned and for a cheap night in you can make a snakebite lol , first you have to get the real scrumpy cider with a stupid alcohol content and mix it half and half with a strong beer or lager like this 9 % one www.beeradvocate.com...

That is a manly type beer as are the Carlsberg 9% types then you drink some of the snake bite and add a good malt whisky to it which is called a depth charge ,You drop the nip glass into the pint

That sorts the men from the boys lol , The Scrumpy Cider from southern England is lethal if you are not a local you are only allowed 2 pints max , even then a guy who normally drinks 10-15 beers easily would be on his back with 2 pints of real scrumpy .

A family member of mine used to take me up gallons of it when he was a truck driver , I have watched guys who usually can sit in a bar from 11 am to 11 pm and not be that drunk be out cold after less than 3 snakebite ..

Give Dillan some of that and it might put some hairs on its chest

edit on 18/7/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's not the carbs in beer making you fat, it's the alcohol itself.
edit on 18-7-2024 by Cracka because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2024 by Cracka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What you Drinkin' Pard ? I got a Couple of Peroni's here , Salute !

<<   2 >>

join