It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butler Township Manager Tom Knights says his officers are not to blame

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Of course not, never, but if they did I'm sure it would only be for our safety and the greater good.

/sarc

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just don’t forget the sloping roof. Health and safety you know. We don’t deploy people on sloping roofs.

I mean WTF?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
a reply to: Tolkien

No way that's legit.

AP reported that there is no agent or officer by the name of Jonathan Willis working for the Secret Service or the Butler police, and no internet records of such an officer could be located.

m.economictimes.com...

👍

edit on 17-7-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

No way that's legit.

It probably isn't. What I've heard is that the individual law enforcement agencies that support the Secret Service in security operations like this don't need SS permission to take out threats. They are all sworn Law Enforcement Officers authorized to enforce the laws of their state.

In Pennsylvania, an LEO can use deadly force to protect himself or others from a reasonably perceived deadly threat. However, it's complicated by the fact that Pennsylvania is an open carry state. That means that you can't use deadly force against someone who is merely carrying a firearm. There has to be some indication of deadly intent. I think that happens as soon as someone points a firearm at someone, and the LEO reasonably thinks it's a real, loaded weapon.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Is not real, the reason is because is an ongoing investigation and the FBI is involved, soo none of the officers, SS or security personnel linked to the incident can talk or release any information, only the FBI will and the DHS.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Jill probably told the her friend the SS director that she got her back and she do not need to resign.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

It isn't. FAKE post, fake info

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Chain of command puts secret service in charge. In this situation shots don't need to be fired from the perp first. That's just facts. Any order to stand down points to corruption in the DOJ. This was absolutely preventable nine ways to Sunday.

Local police actually were the only ones to try to intervene, although unsuccessfully.
edit on 17-7-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You're telling me the same agencies which failed to maintain chain of command and coherency in their respective stations and duties on 1/6 also failed to maintain coherency in their respective stations and duties at the Butler rally? Say it ain't so.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Local leo's arent trained for SS style protection details, SS has overall control if they are not communicating effectively then confusion is to be expected.

Toss in IF the rumors are true and the majority of the agents were standin's from other agencies confusion would be expected since they are not trained for this either.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Very strange with all these comments and conclusions coming from officials directly related to the investigations!!!!

Normally everybody stays quiet.

The confusion and created chaos must be part of the plan? 😃

Perhaps they didn't plan for Trump to survive and are now playing it by ear, hence the "fubar-ness" of the situation.

This whole thing could have been short notice and there was no contingency plan prepared, just a focus on the target and dealing with the fallout.

Shortsightedness, is probably my favorite trait exhibited by the desperate criminal.

7/13 🤔

Both numbers are highly useful in occult practices. Especially "13". I'm no expert by any means, but it's a little strange..

edit on 17-7-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I would agree with Mr. Knight of Butler Twp, his people are NOT to blame for the clown show and circus which took place on Saturday. That responsibility falls squarely on the Secret Service. All Butler Twp did was to supply some 'resources', it was up to the SS to manage the whole program.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

they have about 20 officers total, and had 7 assigned to traffic detail. Even if they were doing other things, the control and management of the situation was the SS.

What baffles me, is in my mind, someone should have been able to take a radio, click the little button on the side, and say, "shooter on the roof" with a sound of surprise in their voice and everyone would have reacted as if there was a shooter on the roof. That reaction would look like the reaction just after Trump was shot, but without the hole in the ear, and the blood. And the dead and injured people behind him. But I suppose they couldn't afford radios or perhaps they were too heavy. With the roof slope being too much, it's hard to grasp what other hindrances could have existed.
edit on 18-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join