It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butler Township Manager Tom Knights says his officers are not to blame

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

BUTLER TOWNSHIP, Pa. — In the days since a gunman tried to assassinate Donald Trump, a township in rural Pennsylvania has received a barrage of hate mail and angry phone calls blaming its officers for failing to keep the former president safe.

Now Butler Township Manager Tom Knights is pushing back. “They couldn’t be more wrong,” he said in an interview Tuesday.

Despite the dozens of local, state and federal law enforcement officers on the scene, Knights said it was four Butler Township officers assigned to traffic duty who bolted from their post and raced to confront the gunman, with one clinging to the roof where the would-be assassin was perched.

“Our officers acted instinctively, did their job, followed the training that they had,” Knights told NBC News.

Apparently this guy just posted on facebook again, stating this, as it appears they are being thrown under the bus.

On thing stood out at me.

Knights said the building was identified as a “point of interest” in two security meetings prior to the weekend rally. “That was something they were going to be vigilant in planning for,” he said.

Knights said he wasn’t clear which agency was supposed to be guarding the building. Officers from several agencies were called in to provide security at the event. The Butler Township Police Department has 12 full-time patrol officers.

Now I'm not an agent, I don't do the hero stuff these folks do. But I do manage a few people. And in order to manage people, confusion is bad, and clarity is good. If everyone knows what they are responsible for, things work better. Everyone has a job, and working together, it gets done. Safely. So the leadership here failed. I think we all know that, but at least this is a concrete area to point at as to how the failure cascaded. These folks were supposed to be "on the team" even if they were traffic duty. Everyone needed to know who would be looking after what area and the reason that's so vital, is you need to know who to contact if anything important comes up. In this case, the most important thing that could happen, did, and folks had no idea how to communicate that or to whom. (Based on this reporting)

The bigger question will be, was the epic failure organic, or perhaps allowed to go that way. I don't know if we will get that answer, but it's the big one. at least for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So are you saying after the upcoming hearing with evidence and statements, you feel you still won't get an answer or believe in the findings?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
So are you saying after the upcoming hearing with evidence and statements, you feel you still won't get an answer or believe in the findings?

what I'm saying is in the OP. read it or project what you want me to say in your head, your choice.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what I'm saying is in the OP. read it or project what you want me to say in your head, your choice.

You typed this:

The bigger question will be, was the epic failure organic, or perhaps allowed to go that way. I don't know if we will get that answer, but it's the big one. at least for me.

After the hearing evidence why would there be any doubt in your mind either way?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Very strange with all these comments and conclusions coming from officials directly related to the investigations!!!!

Normally everybody stays quiet.

The confusion and created chaos must be part of the plan? 😃

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

What's your conclusions on all the official statements made by Director Cheatle ? 😊

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Are you assuming we will get to hear all the evidence or will a lot of it be classified swcurity secrets we don't get to hear?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You typed this:

After the hearing evidence why would there be any doubt in your mind either way?

So, based on the evidence, what exactly happened here?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This seems somewhat germane to the topic of the thread..

20 minutes !!!

x.com...

Insider Paper
@TheInsiderPaper
BREAKING - PunchBowl is reporting: Senate briefing on Trump rally shooting just concluded. Top lines, per 2 senators on the call:

—The shooter visited the rally site a few days in advance to scope it out

—62 mins elapsed between the time the shooter was photographed as being suspicious and when he fired the shots

—20 mins elapsed between the time he was spotted by snipers & when he fired the shots

—FBI Director Wray said there’s no known foreign nexus but no established motive as of now.

Shooter used encrypted comms and had little to no social media presence

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As is typical of these times, no one is being held accountable for the failures. No one knew whom or where or why or when. Everyone will watch a training video, sign off that they watched and SHAzam! We’ll get ‘em next time for sure! Can’t pull a fast one on us anymore!
…of course, there’s always the possibility of something more diabolical as well.
edit on 17-7-2024 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

See below.
Yes, it's Reddit, not sure it's legitimate but something could be seriously rotten in Denmark...or rather, in the SS...yes, seemingly, intentionally....

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What ever happened to all of the agencies standard response of 'Sorry, we can't comment until we have all of the facts as this is still an ongoing investigation' ?

Why break protocol for this one incident and create such mass confusion?

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
What ever happened to all of the agencies standar response of 'Sorry, we can't comment until we have all of the facts as this is still an ongoing investigation' ?

Probably because everybody involved is blaming each other...

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

No way that's legit.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Of course we can believe it. The govt would never lie, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That is the question and After the FBI investigation and all of the Congressional Hearings and after the Secret Service Director Resigns because she will eventually .

After all of that .... We still will not know .

Which means at the very least they are certainly hiding something and I don't think they are just hiding incompetence.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Because when the gov't and it's agencies are involved, there are never any answers, never any accountability.

If you expect there to be, you are living in a fantasy world.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
What ever happened to all of the agencies standar response of 'Sorry, we can't comment until we have all of the facts as this is still an ongoing investigation' ?

Especially with The FBI determining the shooter acted alone so soon. Very suspicious and very "Democrat" attitude like. 💥

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't think one can blame those local officers, its pure evil behind it that doesn't want the good Donald to be president.

I'm not going to preach anything here , I believe in God thats for sure although I should change my avatar lol still in Halloween mode because the world looks that way today.

Now if this guy is absolutely right then DonaldTrump becomes the new president of the US, he surely got my attention predicting the assassination so vividly it made me wonder what forced are really at play here and with you in the US right now , it sure is evil as hell

4 months ago , fast forward to 10:55

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

See below. Yes, it's Reddit, not sure it's legitimate but something could be seriously rotten in Denmark...or rather, in the SS...yes, seemingly, intentionally.

fact checkers are saying that it first came up on 4 chans and the secret service saying there is no Jonathan Willis in the secret service. now maybe he was some local cop they didn't say

on topic, my view on butler cops and all state and county cops that were there, they were sworn law enforcement officers. it was their duty who ever was in charge to take in custody or shoot anybody seen on a roof top with rifle that was not a cop, or secret service agent. then hash it out later. damn the i was only following orders.

edit on 17-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join