It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge’s Dismissal of Classified Document Case Against Trump Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Trump seems to be having a good week if you consider the kill shot missed him by a few molecules and some of the B.S. democratic sponsored DOJ/FBI lawfare cases are also finally coming to a possible proper end for Trump.

lists.theepochtimes.com...

By Sam Dorman
|
July 15, 2024
Updated:
July 16, 2024

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon dismissed the Justice Department’s classified documents case against former President Donald Trump on July 15, ruling that special counsel Jack Smith’s appointment violated two key provisions of the U.S. Constitution.
In a 93-page ruling, Judge Cannon wrote that Mr. Smith’s prosecution of the former president “breaches two structural cornerstones of our constitutional scheme—the role of Congress in the appointment of constitutional officers, and the role of Congress in authorizing expenditures by law.”

The ruling raises questions about the Justice Department’s use of special counsels.

Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mr. Smith, said the Justice Department had authorized an appeal.

“The dismissal of the case deviates from the uniform conclusion of all previous courts to have considered the issue that the Attorney General is statutorily authorized to appoint a special counsel,” Mr. Carr said in a statement provided to The Epoch Times.
Here are some key takeaways on the ruling and its implications.
Special Counsels and the Appointments Clause
Judge Cannon ruled that Mr. Smith’s position was unconstitutional under the appointments clause of the Constitution, which states that Congress can, through law, allow department heads to appoint “inferior” officers.

The judge ruled that Mr. Smith was an inferior officer, which requires Congress to authorize the attorney general to appoint him as special counsel, which didn’t happen.

Her ruling pointed to how Congress let the Independent Counsel Act, which allowed the Justice Department to appoint special prosecutors, to expire in 1999. While Mr. Smith pointed to other laws to justify his appointment, Judge Cannon rejected those arguments.
[....]

edit on Tue Jul 16 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: LONG QUOTE TRIMMED

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think it can be summed up with a simple statement.

All the judges that ruled against Trump were good, and any judge that rules for Trump is bad.

If you don't go past that, you can fit into the accepted box. Deviate from that, and you are a MAGA extremist.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I just hope they tracked all those 'classified'(?) documents and put in place safety protocols to protect people, which I believe would have been the wisest course of action. So, sure let him have his documents and do with them as he will.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I just hope they tracked all those 'classified'(?) documents and put in place safety protocols to protect people, which I believe would have been the wisest course of action. So, sure let him have his documents and do with them as he will.

I am hearing those docs had the Obama approval of killing Americans overseas in the ME, and the proof of the Clintons crimes. Trump wants them revealed to the public. We all should if we want to sort out why we need to hang some of these people and move past this.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I am hearing those docs had the Obama approval of killing Americans overseas in the ME, and the proof of the Clintons crimes. Trump wants them revealed to the public. We all should if we want to sort out why we need to hang some of these people and move past this.

Hearsay? What do they say about hearsay?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Did they do that with all the thousands of illegally obtained and illegally retained classified documents found in Biden's multiple unsecure locations? 🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Did they do that with all the thousands of illegally obtained and illegally retained classified documents found in Biden's multiple unsecure locations? 🤣🤣

I don't know, do you know? I doubt anyone really knows what they are talking about with this issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Hearsay? What do they say about hearsay?

I would say hearsay is all the left ever had the whole damn time.

Yes, it is hearsay for me to tell it to you. I saw it, and don't ask anyone to "believe me or else". That is the scuttlebutt on the documents taken to Mar a Largo.
More importantly we all knew who weren't BS artists like the leftist attempt on us here on ATS, and many of you too claiming to seek the truth, now realize the POTUS always had that privilege to keep documents from his term that he deemed.
edit on 16000000323120247America/Chicago07am7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't know, do you know? I doubt anyone really knows what they are talking about with this issue.

Well what we do know is that Special Prosecutor Hur deemed Biden too old and frail to be prosecuted for his classified document crimes.

Are you disputing that part of it?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Well what we do know is that Special Prosecutor Hur deemed Biden too old and frail to be prosecuted for his classified document crimes.

Provide the court transcript so we can all read the facts, hmm?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Are you kidding?

Remember that’s all Biden’s DOJ released was the interview transcript.
They won’t release the tapes.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It does feel like the 11th circuit will support Jack Smith with his appeal and reinstate the case.
I do find it odd that a prosecutor even has the right to appeal.
IMO appeals should be for the accused, not the bot the Govt.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
August 26, 2024

Special Counsel Jack Smith has calmed down enough to ask that the "Trump documents case" be resuscitated..

CNN — Special counsel Jack Smith is arguing to revive his office’s classified documents case against Donald Trump with a vigorous defense of its authority in the first formal filing since Judge Aileen Cannon dismissed the criminal case last month.

In a brief filed with the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta on Monday, Smith argues that Cannon’s decision to end the Trump case because the prosecutors’ office lacked constitutional authority was “novel” and “lack[ed] merit.”

Cannon had ruled the Justice Department didn’t have the ability to appoint or fund special counsels like Smith.
More at: www.cnn.com...

Congress should just cut off Smith's funding. In addition to wasting our money, he keeps raising Democrat's hopes, when there's only a slim chance of success.

That's cruel. 😁

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   

A portion of the documents also describe an OBAMA / NORTH KOREA connection that's very damning. I think those "love notes" former President Trump got from Kim Jung-Un were evidence of illegal activities.

posted on Sep, 29 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
9.29.2024 fyi

Florida Judge Aileen Mercedes Cannon is presiding over the trial of would-be Trump assassin Ryan Routh.

Source: www.newsweek.com...

😈

posted on Sep, 29 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sir , if you really are that ignorant you are far too smug.

top topics

join