It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting Migrants In and Prisoners Out -Starmer's British Utopia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

I've got an idea Kier , how about we deport all the foreign criminals filling our prisons to fee up space

So we shouldn't put migrants in prison if they break the law?

Not sure that is the argument you want to make.

Migrants are already in prison ,they should be deported when they are released.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I've got an idea Kier , how about we deport all the foreign criminals filling our prisons to fee up space

he was making the case for releasing them from prison how on earth did you come to the conclusion he was in favour of not putting them in prison?

If it's deporting them when they finish their sentence it's not freeing up any more space in prison is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Migrants are already in prison ,they should be deported when they are released.

With a possible few exceptions I agree.

That doesn't free up any more space in prison however.

Prisons are over crowded due to years of underinvestment.

No fan of Labour but that's not an issue I would expect them to have fixed in a few months.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

he was making the case for releasing them from prison how on earth did you come to the conclusion he was in favour of not putting them in prison?

If it's deporting them when they finish their sentence it's not freeing up any more space in prison is it?

no, but deporting them part way through their sentence is not failing to imprison them either.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

no, but deporting them part way through their sentence is not failing to imprison them either.

So letting people out early. The same thing that is happening and people are complaining about.

I don't disagree with deporting people who commit serious crimes, but unless we are going to give lesser effective sentences to migrants it doesn't do a thing extra about over crowding in prisons.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Are we placing bets on how long it will be before a crime is commited by one of those who have been released?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So letting people out early. The same thing that is happening and people are complaining about.

I don't disagree with deporting people who commit serious crimes, but unless we are going to give lesser effective sentences to migrants it doesn't do a thing extra about over crowding in prisons.

Who cares once they are thrown back into Syria or wherever?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How about the victims of the crime that got them imprisoned in first place?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Most of the time, there is a reason they came into this country illegally to begin with. I'm sure what they are running from is way worse than sitting in a nice cell, getting 3 squares a day, free healthcare, and living life on the taxpayer dollar.

I would much rather see them shipped back off to wherever they came from than see them living off of my tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Not really , letting them out early to be immediately deported is freeing up prison places without putting them back on our streets , people are complaining about letting prisoners out early to commit more crimes , probation services are already stretched adding more to their caseloads is a recipe for disaster , something that fits well for the braindead government.

Serving just 50% of a sentence was bad enough but now they only have to serve 40% you may as well do the crime because you aint going to have to do the time.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Most of the time, there is a reason they came into this country illegally to begin with. I'm sure what they are running from is way worse than sitting in a nice cell, getting 3 squares a day, free healthcare, and living life on the taxpayer dollar.

I would much rather see them shipped back off to wherever they came from than see them living off of my tax dollars.

It's UK so everyone gets free healthcare.

If someone commits a crime serious enough to warrant time in prison they should serve that sentence regardless of their country of origin.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Not really , letting them out early to be immediately deported is freeing up prison places without putting them back on our streets , people are complaining about letting prisoners out early to commit more crimes , probation services are already stretched adding more to their caseloads is a recipe for disaster , something that fits well for the braindead government.

Serving just 50% of a sentence was bad enough but now they only have to serve 40% you may as well do the crime because you aint going to have to do the time.

As I said I am in favour of deportation for non permanent residents who commit a serious crime.( Which is going to be most given prison time).

The point is that unless we give non UK residents a earlier release date than UK residents it doesn't actually generate any more prison space than current policy.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

BBC News - Prisoners released early but some victims 'not warned' - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk...

'But not all victims of crime were made aware of their offenders' early release date, the victims' commissioner for England and Wales said, warning that some victims may not have had the opportunity to seek "protective measures"."

Terrific.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Last year there were 10,321 foreign nationals in prison in England and Wales , even if we deported half of those it would do more than the government's plan.

I say half because they would be easy to deport.

Over half of foreign prisoners were European and, overall, the most common nationalities were Albanian, Polish, Romanian, Irish, and Jamaican.
commonslibrary.parliament.uk...#:~:text=As%20of%20the%20end%20of,Romanian%2C%20Irish%2C%20and%20Jamaican.< br />

While I agree this isn't a problem caused by this government their response to it given they themselves have swelled the prison population is pretty stupid.
Now they seem to have realised that many of these early releasers will have nowhere to go when released so they are considering putting them in hotels recently vacated by migrants which will put even more pressure on the public purse to be picked up by Tax payers.

This Labour government will destroy this country , mark my words.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Last year there were 10,321 foreign nationals in prison in England and Wales , even if we deported half of those it would do more than the government's plan.

I say half because they would be easy to deport.

Over half of foreign prisoners were European and, overall, the most common nationalities were Albanian, Polish, Romanian, Irish, and Jamaican.
commonslibrary.parliament.uk...#:~:text=As%20of%20the%20end%20of,Romanian%2C%20Irish%2C%20and%20Jamaican.< br />

While I agree this isn't a problem caused by this government their response to it given they themselves have swelled the prison population is pretty stupid.
Now they seem to have realised that many of these early releasers will have nowhere to go when released so they are considering putting them in hotels recently vacated by migrants which will put even more pressure on the public purse to be picked up by Tax payers.

This Labour government will destroy this country , mark my words.

It only creates more space if you relarse them earlier than they would be. You are back to arguing for lesser punishment for non UK nationals.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You are back to arguing for lesser punishment for non UK nationals.

Fair point.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

How about the victims of the crime that got them imprisoned in first place?

I'd bet most would be quite happy to know these people have been shipped back to whatever sh*tholes they crawled out of

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Firstly, stop all foreign aid, every penny. Then all foreign criminals to be deported on release. plus their dependants, but more importantly charge their country of origin the cost of keeping them in our prison system and use that money to build more jails.
From what I've read the bulk of criminals are career criminals so it wont take long before they reoffend and the danger then comes will the justice system give them a pass to stop overcrowding. Sooner or later this affect will erode peoples trust in the justice system and certain people WILL take justice in their own hands.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well that didn't take long , following the early release of prisoners on Tuesday an early release prisoner has appeared in magistrates court for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on the day of his release , Magistrates have sent the case to Crown court and the muppet has been recalled to prison.

A man allegedly sexually assaulted a woman on the same day he was released from prison under the government's early release scheme.

He allegedly reoffended in Sittingbourne in Kent and was later arrested at an address in south London.

He was among more than 1,700 inmates released from prison last week in a bid to ease prison overcrowding, which the government said did not include terrorists and previously convicted sex offenders.

Although ...

Criminals serving prison sentences of less than four years for violent offences, including manslaughter, are among those eligible to be freed.
news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join