It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remake of Sergio Leone’s Clint Eastwood Starrer ‘Fistful of Dollars’ in the Works

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: gortex

The title, "A Fistful of Dollars" was all they saw. Dollar signs. That want dollars and they are willing to ruin a classic to do it.

Can't wait for "The Good, The Bad, and the Toxic White Male Mansplainer."

Blondieeeee!

edit on 11-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Oh I can't wait to see the casting on this faliure of epic DEI

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Maybe his son Scott? It is crazy how much he looks like a young Clint, and I loved him in Dangerous.

But otherwise I agree. Just stop remaking. I'm sure there are lots of good ideas for movies. Hell, pick some books to make into movies.
They just have to stop putting the "Social Justice" BS spin in everything!

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: gort69

Didn't mind Nobody. Interesting movie.....and of course, with Clint...you got Lee (Van Cleef).

And who could forget this one!.

I agree. No Spaghetti Western remakes!!

Bronson was so damn cool, and Jack Elam gave me nightmares as a kid. Once upon a time in the West, it was pure Sergio Leone. I don't think Ive seen that scene in 40 years all it took was seeing the title, crazy how stuff sticks with you.

Excellent Film.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Definitely doesn't need a remake... you're right there...

Who can forget the tension and the Soundtrack?

D D D D D... D... D...D...

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This idea is about as good as making a han solo movie without Harrison Ford.

They'll prolly "update" the film by having an unattractive 60 year old lady do all the tuff guy stuff while the man with no name fumbles around not being able to figure out his own bodily functions without the girl boss.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed , for me the True Grit remake was probably better than the original and I'm a fan of the original and JW.
👍

Yes not only did it follow the novel, but it was also no doubt more authentic in detail. LOL might have to watch that again too

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Maybe his son Scott? It is crazy how much he looks like a young Clint, and I loved him in Dangerous.

But otherwise I agree. Just stop remaking. I'm sure there are lots of good ideas for movies. Hell, pick some books to make into movies.
They just have to stop putting the "Social Justice" BS spin in everything!

Hmmm well, that would make me watch it atleast. I think the only film I saw Scott in was Fury. Ill have to watch Dangerous.

The thing about Westerns is that not everybody can play a cowboy or into that era. Clint was weaned on Raw Hide.

but I did rewatch the remake of The Magnificent Seven it had potential but it took so long to get the end scene and there was something about it all that felt too chaotic and each of their deaths were overly theatrical. Hard to explain it was decent but it still irked me in places

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Can I throw two westerns into the mix?
Different kinds of westerns than already mentioned.
Both are about the very brief times of the Cowboy.
Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck.
And Lonesome Dove with lots of people, and not the series.

As for remakes....

NO!!!!!

Still trying to think of a remake that was better than the original........

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

"Oceans Eleven"? 🤷🏻

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
well thats a lousy way to start the morning, havent even had my caffeine yet.

No just no.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Maybe....

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i was watching the remake of " The Magnificent Seven" and cringed at how cliche it was. I would have totally revamped the idea for today's political climate and made it more edgy. Instead of beleaguered townsfolk , have them be native americans on a reservation. The bad guys would be corrupt Indian agents and US military trying to kick the people off the land for gold or silver or to sell off the settlers. Then the good guys show up and slaughter the government wrong doers.
They could do a remake of "The Three Amigos" with a female cast..... JUST KIDDING!

<< 1   >>

join