It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remake of Sergio Leone’s Clint Eastwood Starrer ‘Fistful of Dollars’ in the Works

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why ?

Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars, starring Clint Eastwood, is set for a remake now in development from Euro Gang Entertainment.

The classic film, directed by Leone in 1964, created the “spaghetti Western” and was itself a remake of Akira Korosawa’s 1961 film Yojimbo. The latest version will come from Gianni Nunnari and Simon Horseman’s Euro Gang Entertainment and Italian production partner, Enzo Sisti and FPC S.r.l., and Rome-based Jolly Film, the film’s original producer and distributor.
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

If they want to make a Western why not just make a Western don't defile a classic , of all the films that don't need a remake this is top of the pile.

Lazy cash grab comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The last good western remake I saw was True Grit, they butchered The Magnificent Seven, 310 to Yuma was a decent movie

I don't think Hollywood can make a Western anymore much less even come close to any of Sergio's work

The Unforgiven was a classic but that was Eastwood directing, The Revenant, Tombstone, and Brothers Sisters come to mind. Django and the Hateful Eight Some say The Bone Tomahawk but it was disappointing to me

WITF is going to play Joe better than a young up-and-coming 1964 Eastwood

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

don't defile a classic

Agree 100% !! Are they completely out of any creative ideas andthat desperate for material?

Hubby says spaghetti westerns aren't worth wathching unless they have Clint in them.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

"Hostiles" was another good flick, imo.

But I swear.... Hollywood has nothing left. Nothing.

edit on 10-7-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: edit

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The title, "A Fistful of Dollars" was all they saw. Dollar signs. That want dollars and they are willing to ruin a classic to do it. I wonder if I can rent one of the screens at the theater and show the original the same time as the local premier here? You can rent them and arrange your own movie for a price. I don't think they would allow that one at the same time though.

Couple of hundred for the theater some more for the movie. $5.00 head for this private movie showing for anyone that has 5 bucks. I could out sell the remake at the same time and place.

I think they would be very upset.
edit on 10-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

don't defile a classic

Agree 100% !! Are they completely out of any creative ideas andthat desperate for material?

Hubby says spaghetti westerns aren't worth wathching unless they have Clint in them.

Clint just redefined the genre, at the time when westerns were box office poison in Hollyweird. We grew up watching Hang em High, a Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and the unforgettable The Good the Bad and the Ugly. All at the drive-in LOL most times as a double feature.

We did enjoy the Trinity movies even if they could be a bit campy, lol we had to watch something till the next Sergio film came out

Then Clint did Dirty Harry and helped redefined the cop movie genre,

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh joy.
Another reimagining/remake of a classic that nobody asked for.
These things might be ok if they actually used talented writers and directors instead of diversity check lists.

Here’s a new concept for Hollywood.
Remake older movies that just didn’t hit the mark. Those close but not quite movies.

How about “damnation alley” 1977 ?
Great concept, bad follow through. I would love a quality remake.

“Remo Williams” 1985
This could make a great franchise.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wonder what die hard fans of the original will think of a coloured lesbian mother of three playing the main lead?

You can't mess with a classic once it's engrained in humanity.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Im glad you said the new Magnificent 7 sucks I had saved it to watch because I really love the original the score is amazing by true legend Elmer Bernstein it is one of my favorite movies.

And I can't stand when they constantly ruin movies I love.

Come up with new ideas people. If you want dollars you gotta come up with new ideas.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   

They are remaking "Barbarella", too.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

How much you wanna bet Barbarella the character will be LGBQT of some sort? Those sexual escapades in the original film will most likely be girl on girl in this one.

Yay women's lib. 😂

Ps - Here's a recap:
www.yourstupidminds.com...

edit on 10-7-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Oh joy.
Another reimagining/remake of a classic that nobody asked for.
These things might be ok if they actually used talented writers and directors instead of diversity check lists.

Here’s a new concept for Hollywood.
Remake older movies that just didn’t hit the mark. Those close but not quite movies.

How about “damnation alley” 1977 ?
Great concept, bad follow through. I would love a quality remake.

“Remo Williams” 1985
This could make a great franchise.

Man I enjoyed Remo Williams but it always felt like it could be so much better, it probably works better as a series.
needs to be darker and grittier

Joel Grey, Fred Ward, Wilfred Brimley and Kate Milgrew did admirable jobs in 85 but it lacked authenticity, Chiun needs to be a real Asian, preferably a Korean to start with.

you can watch it for free on YouTube BTW

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Didn't mind Nobody. Interesting movie.....and of course, with Clint...you got Lee (Van Cleef).

And who could forget this one!.

I agree. No Spaghetti Western remakes!!

edit on 10-7-2024 by gort69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Im glad you said the new Magnificent 7 sucks I had saved it to watch because I really love the original the score is amazing by true legend Elmer Bernstein it is one of my favorite movies.

And I can't stand when they constantly ruin movies I love.

Come up with new ideas people. If you want dollars you gotta come up with new ideas.

Haha don't give my review too much thought, I went into it with high expectations. I can be an admittedly picky AH movie viewer SOMETIMES it needs to be watched without thinking of the original. I dig the cast and will watch anything Denzel does. Perhaps I was distracted, It wouldn't be the first time I watched a Denzel film twice and enjoyed it more than the first time. Hell, Denzel made the awful The Taking of Pelham One, Two, and Three semi-watchable. Man on Fire is underrated in my book, Crimson Tide is a classic cold war sub movie and he nailed X too.

But watch Tombstone as a dude it's a great flick, if you haven't seen it, and definitely watch the Unforgiven.

Ha now give me some suggestions lol

Talking Westerns makes me want to see Silverado again...

edit on p000000317pm076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

The last good western remake I saw was True Grit, they butchered The Magnificent Seven, 310 to Yuma was a decent movie

Absolutely right.

Jeff Bridges was somehow able to steal the role of Rooster Cogburn from John Wayne. Think about that for a minute.

The original Magnificent Seven was one of a kind. (Not counting Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, of course, from which the plot was taken.)

The 2007 version of 3:10 to Yuma had better actors, I think, in Christian Bale and Russel Crowe than the 1957 version.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort69

Didn't mind Nobody. Interesting movie.....and of course, with Clint...you got Lee (Van Cleef).

And who could forget this one!.

I agree. No Spaghetti Western remakes!!

Bronson was so damn cool, and Jack Elam gave me nightmares as a kid. Once upon a time in the West, it was pure Sergio Leone. I don't think Ive seen that scene in 40 years all it took was seeing the title, crazy how stuff sticks with you.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: putnam6

Absolutely right.

Jeff Bridges was somehow able to steal the role of Rooster Cogburn from John Wayne. Think about that for a minute.

The original Magnificent Seven was one of a kind. (Not counting Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, of course, from which the plot was taken.)

The 2007 version of 3:10 to Yuma had better actors, I think, in Christian Bale and Russel Crowe than the 1957 version.

Yes exactly I thought no way could Bridges do Rooster but he did and made it his own, but great casting all around, Matt Damon Haley Stanfield Barry Pepper Josh Brolin, and the Coen brothers.

I can watch either one of them whenever they are on, hell we used to say "fill your hands you son of bitch", whenever somebody would insult us. I still occasionally use "not only are you wrong you are wrong-headed"

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   

edit on 7-10-2024 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

They are remaking "Barbarella", too.

I checked IMDb for 2025 and there is no listing for Barbarella. That YouTube channel might be another AI trailer channel or they just havent listed it yet.

I did find Animal Farm listed. A lot of sci-fi movies listed for next year.

www.imdb.com...,2025-12-31

Why did you have to bring up Barbarella? Now I have to watch it again.

edit on 10-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Agreed , for me the True Grit remake was probably better than the original and I'm a fan of the original and JW.
👍

top topics

<<   2 >>

join