It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagle Assault, China Just Positioned Itself In Europe on Polish Ukrainian Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes folks, they arrived Monday and will be holding some joint exercises and drills with Belarus. Something about Kiev's provocative actions or some other. 50KM from Ukraine and only 5km to Poland.

Politico
JULY 8, 2024 6:17 PM CET
BY KETRIN JOCHECOVÁ

Chinese and Belarusian troops started joint military exercises on Monday near the Belarusian city of Brest, five kilometers from the Polish border. The maneuvers, codenamed Eagle Assault, will last 11 days until July 19.

"As part of the anti-terrorist exercises, the military personnel of both countries will work out the issues of night landing, overcoming water obstacles, and conducting operations in [urban settings]," the Belarusian defense ministry said on Telegram.

The post was followed by others showcasing the readiness of the armed forces. "The NATO grouping on the border with Belarus is growing rapidly, which leads to an increase in tension in the region," stated another post that warned of a "harsh reaction" should anyone "cross Belarusian borders."

The drills are a response to the "West's aggressive foreign policy towards Belarus" and to "Ukrainian provocation," said Vladimir Kupriyanyuk, the deputy head of the general staff of the Belarus armed forces, at a Friday press briefing.

I swear its been the same thing for ten years now. Media has everyone focused on Trump so they willfully ignore things like this. This is clearly bad optics I guess so I could understand why North American media will not focus on it under a magnifying glass.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Here we go again. Posturing, threat of military action, bullying.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stelth2

Ha, it does not matter. This is not directly related to either President or the election. You will probably be the only reply to this thread, save for a handful of Europeans who actually should be concerned about this escalation.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Interesting choice for the op name... Eagle is the known sign for America.

China is in a Dragon year.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Yes I was actually thinking the same regarding the symbolism. The Dragon is rising, the Eagle must now fight for its skies. Well I guess we get our WW3 after all. Luckily the Earth can easily handle twenty nuked out metro's and keep on trucking. Just things will be even messier than now for about fifty years, possibly a hundred after and then stabilize again.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

China has "Little Country Syndrome."

It's a trait where countries with week self esteems (about their power) puff out their chest in a provocative way to assert themselves as a dominant influence.

China will do drills with Belarus, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Brazil... because China has an inferiority complex to The West. NATO + Pacific allies vs China and company?

No contest. That's their entire motivation.

Dismantling NATO is a goal.
edit on 9-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33
Hey no problem. We should just go ahead and blast the guys there now then, since it will be as easy as blowing out candles on a birthday cake.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The media have ignored it because they want to pretend that Biden’s foreign policy isn’t the complete trainwreck that it actual is.
If something happens then they will pretend like they’ve been all over it from day one. 🙄
You can’t hate the media enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   
At this moment even with chinese troops there, I am reasonably certain poland could reconquer belarus pretty quickly.

They have had a long time to learn from us about things like logistics.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   

China knows where they stand with the US. When push comes to shove, I think China will get militarily involved in Russia's defense. They know if Russia is subdued they are next on the west's, US agenda for aggressive domination. They will not stand for US military aggression in their direction. I don't care how badly it affects them economically.

Yes, they are sending a message to the US and their NATO allies.
edit on 9-7-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Economically, they're not doing well. When economies fall, war is on the menu.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Belarus knows they can be easily overrun and that is why Putin has given them tactical nukes they have said they will use if need be. Did you not watch the 2nd video? Stated flat out they wouldn't hesitate to use them against Poland.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
At this moment even with chinese troops there, I am reasonably certain poland could reconquer belarus pretty quickly.

They have had a long time to learn from us about things like logistics.

It looks like the Chinese troops arrived on their version of the IL-76 transport aircraft. They have about 30 or so. By comparison, the US has about 225 C-17s and another 50 or so C-5s. That's what it takes to have the capacity for global projection of power. The Chinese exercise is basically just for propaganda purposes.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

China has "Little Country Syndrome."

It's a trait where countries with week self esteems (about their power) puff out their chest in a provocative way to assert themselves as a dominant influence.

China will do drills with Belarus, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Brazil... because China has an inferiority complex to The West. NATO + Pacific allies vs China and company?

No contest. That's their entire motivation.

Dismantling NATO is a goal.

China has a population of about 1.5 billion and we can argue about where it stands in the world economically, but it is either #1 or #2.

So not quite sure where you got "little country syndrome" from.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   
At this point arguing over who will win if push comes to shove seems pretty childish; nobody is going to 'win'.

It amazes me that there are no threads dvocating for for anything but military conflict. The world leaders and the 1% have their bunkers; we're just fodder to them.....and most seem okay with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

When economies fall, war is on the menu.

Right .. right.. ok so lets see, China economy failing, troops move to Europe. Us economy is faltering, while supporting a war against Russia with other faltering economies of Europe. Multiple troubled economies of global military powers are now facing off with traditional military assets in a shared theater of conflict with heavy global participation ....

hmm you know, it is lost on me I just do not know what they call that these days. I wonder if there is some kind of term, or designation, or proper title or name for something clearly so obvious ... but just I don't know ... I don't see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's the way they carry themselves. The way they go to shortsighted lengths to project prosperity and end up with Ponzi scheme ghost cities. PPP isn't a measure of strength. Etc.

They need the bigger Military. The bigger fleet. It's like 370 ships to 280, but they lack the capability we do. They strive for more of everything without as much offensive power. It shows in their urban planning and it shows in their shipbuilding.

It says they are more about the projection of their power than actual ability to back it up, even with 2.6 million soldiers. Hence, "Little Country syndrome" Their decades long inferiority complex to The West shows in the desperation to be #1 in everything... usually at the expense of effectiveness.

To totally insult them, China is the epitome of the paper tiger.
edit on 10-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The question isn't if S will HTF but when.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join