It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a Math test...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23
Wow.

I said all are equally qualified.

This is a simple Math problem.

That is impossible if that is the experiment here.

You have real life scenarios not lab experiments out here. My family ran a garage, and we hired the smartest mechanic we could get of the applicants. One of our employees was a Hispanic who was born in Florida and was so smart the top Physicians in Nashville came to our podunk looking Mayberry looking even Garage just to get his advice. I was impressed as a youth. Another guy we could not hire away but could get to help us with electronics in cars was a son of a local minister and was black as the ace of spades. WE loved em all. We picked them to work on cars and get it done right. Not just anybody can do it.

My dad was not prejudiced in a time when people were. My mom and her side of the family were and the ones alive still are. She came from Alabama after the KKK bombed little children at Sunday school and that state was full of hateful folks on all sides after that. I have tears typing this thinking of how f'ed up those KKK people have to be to do that to God loving children at Church. Sickness of hate is a sin. Those KKK guys divided Alabama until the Crimson Tide got the Bear.
edit on 10000000073120247America/Chicago07am7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Wow.

I said all are equally qualified.

This is a simple Math problem.

all cant do equally well at interview though..

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

In the United States,
If 49% of the Population is White,
and
13% of the Population is Black,

and you have to hire 100 people, and all of the people you interview are equally qualified,

how many of them should be Black and how many should be White for there to be Equality and Diversity in that group of employees?

There are people who can't understand this.

Some people even think that Diversity is No White people.

It's a very simple Math problem, but some people can't figure this out.

What do you think the answer is?

It isn't a math problem.

Choosing people based on race is a racist problem..

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Color is what the OP describes.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
That is impossible if that is the experiment here.

But you proved that you DON'T hire because of skin color.

Which is the opposite of what people are demanding.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Unfortunately, as a manager who has to hire professional resources, your question posed in the OP is not just a simple 'math problem' as you suggest. AND I think you already know this.

DEI policies, since their inception, have never sought to balance the workforce in a mathematical way.

I work in a world where we have "quotas" (no, they don't call them this, because it's politically incorrect, but that's just what they are). Long before DEI when these quotas were imposed, we exceeded, usually by 2x, any quota which was ever imposed upon us. But it still wasn't good enough (per them). (and I'm not going to go into defining "them").

I personally have always believed in both hiring the best person for the job, but also mentoring people who had an aptitude for the job. I'm color blind in this regard, sexual orientation blind, and even (to a degree) physical and mentally handicaped blind. But this still wasn't good enough. There was no number anybody could point to which we didn't already exceed by two-fold or more. But it still wasn't good enough.

At some point you have to just ask...'okay, then what do you want?. 'They' said...'we want you to surrender your entire contract(s) to the DEI effort." In other words, 100%. Shocking as this may be, we said...'okay, then take them...all'

Within weeks, not even months, we were begged to come back with zero 'quotas', none at all...just come back. So, we asked what the new quota would be. Answer? "None...zero".

And even despite all that, our numbers are still 2x higher than any contract requirements ever imposed. The only difference now is...we don't get audited about it anymore.

DEI is just a trap. And, like all traps; ...it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese!

edit on 7/11/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

and you have to hire 100 people, and all of the people you interview are equally qualified,

Being qualified is always a great start, are we flipping burgers or dealing with something that does require more education, skills and experience to be competent in the role? No one is equal as it gets more technical.

For the lower tier jobs, do they show up, do the job and don't screw up too much? Is the Boing approach to work place relations where any dissent is dead going to fix the problem? Time will tell, is a workforce motivated by fear going to work long term? I understand firing someone over a bad Facebook post, try and sort these issues out inhouse first.

The antidiscrimination act made a lot of good progress over the years. Women, blacks, gays and other minorities have made a lot of progress from the 1950-60's. If you are stuck with this DEI for corporate entry recruitment, you are stuck with it. As for how the corporate ladder sorts out its pecking order, to reintroduce discrimination practices has trouble all over it. Everyone measured on their own merits.

<< 1   >>

join