It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago shootings: 109 shot, 19 fatally, in citywide holiday weekend gun violence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow Chicago!

We have about equally as restrictive gun laws (now) and a population of 1,379,000. Chicago beat our YTD is one weekend. We're at 18 for the year so far.

You have to go back to when it was a more military republican leaning city in the 80s and 90s to see the higher homicide numbers.

It's almost like the gun laws are irrelevant to homicide and those that commit them most.
edit on 8-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is pretty much all teenage gang members (both victims and shooters). The numbers are mind numbing but the reality is that unless you are a black male under 25, an active gang member, and lives on the south and west sides.... the shootings might as well be in Rwanda.

Really??? So, what is this, some kind of an explanation to make it okay?? I'm confused.

I was stationed in SE Michigan for a while in the late 90's. One day I had to drive down through east Detroit for a part for my boat. I got about 75% of the way there and realized that I still had my .44 mag under the passenger's seat. Had I been pulled over, I'd probably still be in jail to this day. But, I wasn't pulled over.

I went about my business (picking up a part for my boat), and went back up to Harrison Township along Lake St. Claire where my boat was. After working on my boat for a while I came back to my Blazer...only to find two (2) 9mm bullet holes in the tailgate. One of them went through my back seat and I found the bullet under the carpet on the floor under the passenger's seat. Must have happened when I was inside the boat place down in Detroit.

Ummm...I'm pretty sure I wasn't in...Rwanda!

I was born and raised in Harrison Twp, MI and I still live in the area.

Detroit is not as bad as it used to be and it’s certainly not as bad as Chicago, although there was a few shootings in the D over the weekend.

Ya I grew up near there but cut my teeth around State Fair and John R. in the late nineties. I’ve seen some real stuff on the east side during those years. I have to agree though, Detroit is starting to look a lot better than the last time I saw the south side of Chicago. Chicago is becoming a very sad place.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Want to frighten some DNC Democrats out of coming to Chicago?

Tell them that 42 people have been shot merely riding on Chicago expressways this year....Some of them were simply coming from, or going to the airports. Over the past 5 years, a startling 868 people have been shot while going from one place to another on Chicago's expressways.

Source: abc7chicago.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Let me show you how insane these gangs are in Chicago... the crazy thing is all this stuff is on the internet and social media.

So a few month's ago two kids (15 and 16 years old) were shot and killed coming out of their alternative school in Chicago. The incident was captured on video. Here is a link to the news story. If you like gory videos, you can find a video of the kids stretched out on the sidewalk bleeding out and taking their last breaths. The two kids were not innocent victims but active gang members. They allegedly stole some jewelry or something from a rival gang.

Supposedly, the perpetrator of the shooting above was a guy named "Lil Jeff" and his gang called Bloodhounds. Lil Jeff was an up and coming rapper and frequently dry snitched on himself and supposedly had five or six "bodies".
Now Lil Jeff got smoked last month in the middle of trying to do a hit on other rival gang members. He apparently didnt' anticipate the gang shooting back and got himself blown away in 4k.

Just today, another one of Lil Jeff's homies, Lil Scoom was shot and killed. So in the span of a few months, we have four dead youths all over some Facebook disses and social media bragging.

Make it make sense.

The thing is these stories are very common in Chicago. A bunch of tit for tat gang shootings, mostly teens fighting over absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is pretty much all teenage gang members (both victims and shooters). The numbers are mind numbing but the reality is that unless you are a black male under 25, an active gang member, and lives on the south and west sides.... the shootings might as well be in Rwanda.

Well, "why don't we dump em people, to the bottom of the sea. Before some old fool want to come around here want ta shoot either you or me."

edit on 8000000253120247America/Chicago07pm7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah, we really liked Harrison Twp. We were a short bike ride away from Metro Beach, and had a place right on the water with boat slips right out the back door. It was a great place. Only time we ever had any problems was each year in about March/April during ice-out. There was a large open property next to where we lived and the USCG used to use it as an LZ for people they rescued off the ice each year. 24x7 helos coming and going. Those big AS365 Dauphin rescue helos will rock your world when they're 50 feet overhead. They'd come right over the top of our place so they could turn and land into the wind on the adjacent property. Never ceased to amaze me how many people would go out there when you could see water on the ice and fracture lines all over the place.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You know, you hit the nail on the head when you said these dumbasses are killing each other over stupid sh!t on social media. That's the honest to Gawd's truth too! 3/4 of these "gangstah's" have never even exchanged words with, or even know, the people they are killing. And for all their 'bravado' on social media, one day they too catch a bullet (or ten)...and for what? Nothing! Nothing at all.

I don't have much use for a self-proclaimed "gangstah", but when these kids are 15 and 16 years old, just trying to look and talk tough on social media, that's just a waste of a human life. It's sad really. And it has exactly zero to do with guns; they'd find some other way to do it if not for firearms. That's a hard thing for many to admit, but it's true.

I wonder sometimes (I've always wondered this) what must go through some gangstah's mind when they take a bullet, run 20 feet, realize they're 'leaking' (fatally), and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Was it worth it?

You know, I know quite a bit about firearms and the effects of gunshots. People think it's painful. A fatal gunshot wound is rarely even felt; there is no pain. There is only the realization that there is no hope of survival. The human body's adrenaline reaction takes care of the pain, there is no real pain. Pain is replaced by sudden fear, and that "fear" is reality setting in. But, in that moment, it's too late. Regret, remorse, apologies, promises...nothing will work...as consciousness fades away. It truly is sad (for me) to think about.

edit - There is no honor, no glory, in being one of these gangstah's, not even one bit. Their lives are short, and they will be replaced by another. Their bravado will be forgotten, their memory erased like they never even existed. What a sad thing to contemplate, a life...a life totally without value.

edit on 7/8/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So being married and living in Chicago might as well be outlawed
as spousal abuse. Raising kids in Chicago should be outlawed as
child abuse. Force the decent people and their kids out.

And let the rest have at it. The few left go away for murder.

Bring the decent folks back in and hopefully they remember
for a very long time.

IDK just making sh1t up as go along.
edit on 8-7-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

So, Do you live in Chicago?

No, living in Chicago shouldn't be outlawed at all, BUT the people of Chicago should outlaw those who govern the City because they are as much of the problem as the gangstah's killing people. I would love to say the Chicago Police are trying to do something about it...but then there's Lori Lightfoot...who had exactly zero intention of fixing anything. Perhaps Johnson will be better, but he's got a steep hill to climb.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

BUT the people of Chicago should outlaw those who govern the City

How about we blend our ideas, I bet we come up with a winner.

And No I don't live there. I won't even drive truck there.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Relax, crime is down people!

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Don't worry.

The Mayor of Chicago understands the risks during July 4th.

He took adequate protection steps....

He went out of town for the holiday.

www.fox32chicago.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's just another typical summer weekend in Chicago, so what else is new? In defense of Chicago, those killings are in a very small area of the city. Most in Chicago see it as a very safe city, so I have no clue as to what the government there is doing in that area of violence that has been that way for many decades.

I'm going to guess and I'm most likely right that 99% of all those deaths were Black-on-Black crimes, BLM matters...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join