It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: TRUMP WINS! Supreme Court Rules 6-3 on Presidential Immunity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well here you have it.

BREAKING: TRUMP WINS! Supreme Court Rules 6-3 on Presidential Immunity – “Court holds that a former president has absolute immunity for his core constitutional powers”

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled 6-3 that Trump has absolute immunity for his core Constitutional powers.

Former presidents are entitled to at least a presumption of immunity for their official acts.

The Supreme Court ruled there is no immunity for unofficial acts. Jack Smith’s DC case against Trump will be delayed again as it bounces back down to the lower court.

THE COURT RULES FOR TRUMP!

Makes sense. Presidents are protected within their official duties, but not for their unofficial acts.

It's looking more and more like the Mar-A-Lago raid was an example of the weaponization of government after all, and one against a political opponent as well as former President. It's looking like some departments of government are in serious need of some major reforms.

So, what will this mean for:

Jack Smith and his lawfare case?
The FBI and DOJ?
The Biden crime family investigations?
The taxpayer?
The future of this great nation?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

It seems like all they need to do then, is to declare Trump’s actions regarding Jan. 6 as unofficial acts. I’m not sure this is a slam dunk win for Trump, maybe I’m missing something?

edit on 1-7-2024 by Lapidoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I don't see this as a win.

And he is entitled to at least presump-tive immunity from prosecution for all his official acts.
There is no immunity for unofficial acts

If they define his actions as non official acts. He can be tried.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Oh boy.

More power to the executive branch.

Patriot Act levels of power, just in time for the 4th of July.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Bad week for marxist wannabe's. Don't worry they will keep on with the keep on. This mess probably will keep getting worse. I would not look for anyone in the DNC to appear to be shackled by the supreme court, they will just try another means. I hope that Trump's security is sealed tight.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The GOOD NEWS is that Obama and Biden can now be prosecuted for INSURRECTION (Obama against President Trump) and TREASON (Biden inviting murderers into America).

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wait, the dems did something illegal?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lapidoth

What many people fail to realize is that on January 6th, 6 swing states planned to contest their electors and request that Congress give those States more time with their election results, which were questionable at best in many cases. They had legal recourse and a legal path of action to remedy their concerns.

When a State contests their electors, it triggers 2 hours of debate in both houses. Some of us were expecting 12 hours of debate that day, but Arizona was the only State that was able to contest their electors, and they did so by also submitting over 1,000 pieces of evidence.

The breach of the Capitol actually worked against those who were questioning the election results, almost as if it was planned that way.

Here's the Joint Session of Congress for Counting of Electoral College Ballots:

You can watch Arizona contest their electors, starting at the 15 minute mark.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I found it audibly laughable that SCOTUS had to repeat itself the a president like anyone else is presumed innocent.

Also there is strong indication that Garland will be culpable for denying Congressional subpoena as was evidenced also by denying Bannon's cert.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I don't see this as a win.

And he is entitled to at least presump-tive immunity from prosecution for all his official acts.
There is no immunity for unofficial acts

If they define his actions as non official acts. He can be tried.

First they will need to find evidence of illegality that is arguably not within presumed innocence and official acts.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Man, I would have loved to been a fly on the wall, in a few offices, when this came out.

I'm betting there are some very unhappy people in some law offices.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Man, I would have loved to been a fly on the wall, in a few offices, when this came out.

I'm betting there are some very unhappy people in some law offices.

I bet they already knew. I’m sure some southpaw supremes made some burner calls(phone) asap.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
The GOOD NEWS is that Obama and Biden can now be prosecuted for INSURRECTION (Obama against President Trump) and TREASON (Biden inviting murderers into America).

The bad news is that Biden could now declare Trump, and any/all of his supporters in the government to "Officially" represent a "clear, present, and immediate danger" to the US, and have them "eliminated".

It would be an "official act" after all; Presidents are sworn to defend the Country against All threats, foreign and domestic.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

We already have been telling you that this was what you have been angling for over the past ten years and the existential threat of that kind of rhetoric.

Now here we are with apparently your full throated support of it.

It's like you not only lack any foresight but also exist under this notion that words alone bar people from taking any actions. Explicitly illegal ones.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I mean I guess his won as in his successfully delayed his criminal trials to the point where they’ll almost definitely not be heard before the November election, which was the whole point.

But this Ruling is hardly a win for Trump, it’s actually exactly what everyone expected… immunity for official acts… but no immunity for unofficial acts.
edit on 1-7-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I predict the liberalloons will not show up to gloat that we are wrong about their lies even on this one.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Is that a threat?

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: WeMustCare

The bad news is that Biden could now declare Trump, and any/all of his supporters in the government to "Officially" represent a "clear, present, and immediate danger" to the US, and have them "eliminated".

It would be an "official act" after all; Presidents are sworn to defend the Country against All threats, foreign and domestic.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

If that is the whole point then you are readily admitting to election interference......

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: JadedGhost

If that is the whole point then you are readily admitting to election interference......

Or Trump blatantly trying to avoid being accountable for his crimes…

<<   2  3  4 >>

join