It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Russian civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I don’t remember now, but about 15 years ago the remains of Ivan the Terrible were exhumed with all the tests. There was a huge concentration of mercury in the bones. The confessions of English doctors were confirmed.

Got any links for that and also links for the confessions, as I can't seem to find any?
He was also taking mercury for his syphilis which was common at the time but you go ahead and blame the English like usual hahahahaha.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Mercury was a fairly standard treatment for syphilis at the time, but no matter, you just carry on blaming the English for everything.

I don't think his death was a great loss for Russia, what with the disastrous Livonian War, the burning of Moscow and being, like, Terrible?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I think RT must have a library full of books called "How the Britsh ruined Russia!". Do you think Russia actually have any history books that give the real facts?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Apparently, not?

Accurate historical facts are probably banned.

As with calling their "SMO" a "War" or being critical of it or their Govt.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

"I point out your lies with actual links and facts and thats why you refuse to post a reply to me."

Ditto.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Let me guess, thread abandoned by OP in....3,2,1...?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"Russian civilization" is an oxymoron.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: covent

Britain's first intelligence service was in the forces of Oliver Cromwell and was financed by Jewish bankers who fled to Holland and Belgium from Spain. Duke of Alba, haven't you heard?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler2

As is "Russian Intelligence Service"?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So what?

You have a problem with Jews?

Oh, yes, you do.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler2

I truly feel sorry for you, you are mired in your ignorance and propaganda.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Here, have some actual historical facts:

www.dailyhistory.org...

I don't think Cromwell was very concerned about Russia.

He had more pressing concerns.

Russia didn't really come onto the British Intelligence Services' radar until after WW2 during the Cold War.

I doubt he even knew or cared about Russia.

"Here be barbarians", probably?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh, such irony?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler2
"Russian civilization" is an oxymoron.

You hit the nail on the head. Civilizing Russia was a failed experiment.

In that case someone should sue Peter the Great for the lost hairs. He should give the cavemen their beards back.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Poland sucks)))

American lapdog)))

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Russia sucks)))

China's lapdog)))

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Come on RT, this is so riddled with paranoia and outright lies.
You seem to have developed a massive, great big chip on your shoulder: 'I'm Russian and No-one likes us'.
To justify this insane paranoia and Russia's eternal lack of progress and continued stagnation you seek to blame others for Russia's own failings.

That post really stinks of desperation.

Britain responsible for Ivan The Terrible's death?
Don't be so daft - I suspect at the time Russia was a total irrelevance to Great Britain - and I genuinely have no intention to offend there.
Given what was going on in England and Great Britain at the time I think they had more urgent and pressing matters to deal with than that of a non-threatening and rather distant nation that really had no bearing on British interests.

Russians killed Ivan The Terrible because, as carpy so accurately pointed out, he was Terrible.
Seems you can't accept that and have to blame someone else, who better than those Bastard Brits.

Peter The Great - a man who by accounts was quite a Great Ruler - tried to drag Russia into the 'modern' era.
He did that by wandering around Western Europe, spending quite some time working as a labourer on the docks in London - and taking what he learnt back to Russia.
He was met with fierce resistance back in Russia, but he persisted and made some great improvements.

Catherine The Great - who wasn't even Russian - was another Russian leader who truly earned The Great epithet.
She tried to abolish serfdom and again was met with great resistance.
(I was going to make a joke about Catherine The Great and the horse and Putin the not-so Great with Dmitri the Bulgarian Ballet Dancer but I thought better of it, I couldn't stoop that low.)

If I remember correctly off the top of my head I think Russia's greatest enemies during those times were Sweden, Turkey and possibly Poland - the last may go some way to explaining your hatred of Poles.
Not England/Great Britain.

Then you seem to support the claim that Russia and Russians weren't responsible for The October Revolution or The Bolshevik Revolution but it was all in fact a dastardly British plot - ably assisted by those evil Americans - and that the Sovietization of Eastern Europe was all part of some cunning, ongoing plan to destabilise Russia.
Sorry mate - that was all down to you guys and you guys alone.
Same as all those millions of Russians who died during the Stalin years - Russians killing Russians, and other Eastern Europeans.
You wonder why most Eastern Europeans are scared of Russia - there's your answer, # all to do with the UK or USA.

But sure, you can't handle the truth so you absolutely have to blame someone else....and as usual its those Bastard Brits and damned Yankees.

Jealousy isn't a good look my friend.

edit on 1/7/24 by Freeborn because: typo and clarity

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Stalin. Killed more Russian ordinary folk than Hitler did.

How does that sit with glorious Russian civilisation supremacy?

An affront to civilised nations behaviour, no less.

Disgraceful.

But, but... Those nasty English poisoned that lovely man, Ivan the Terrible.

Perhaps we deserve to be annihilated in nuclear fire for our sins against the Russian Motherland?

Or is it Fatherland

Difficult to tell, these days.
edit on 1-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don’t remember now, but about 15 years ago the remains of Ivan the Terrible were exhumed with all the tests. There was a huge concentration of mercury in the bones. The confessions of English doctors were confirmed.

Or he could have just had the clap , naughty Ivan.

Mercury was the remedy of choice for syphilis in Protestant Europe. Paracelsus (1493-1541) formulated mercury as an ointment because he recognised the toxicity and risk of poisoning when administrating mercury as an elixir. Mercury was already being used in Western Europe to treat skin diseases
pharmaceutical-journal.com...#:~:text=Mercury%20was%20the%20remedy%20of,Europe%20to%20treat% 20skin%20diseases.

Beethoven also had high levels of mercury that were detected in clippings of his hair.

This is not an Agatha Christie case. The lead levels were not high enough to be fatal, and there is no reason to believe he was deliberately poisoned, but rather was exposed to the poisons in his daily environment. Lead, arsenic and mercury were in a lot of things people lived with, ate and drank, from food to medicine to wallpaper. He spent decades taking dozens of different types of nostrums in the attempt to cure his deafness and chronic illnesses, and they certainly contained lead, among many other poisons.
www.thehistoryblog.com...

But yeah , blame the English.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Beethoven? Yeah, that was us, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join