It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Rocket Crashes after Unexpected Launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The Tianlong-3 rocket was built by a private Chinese space company who were running a ground test of its booster when the rocket broke free of its moorings and accidentally launched , it seems the engines were automatically switched off following a misfire and then what goes up must come down.

And from another angle.

edit on 30-6-2024 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
😂🤣😂 the tin along 3 🤣😂

‘Please don’t kick the tin along, it is quite volatile!’

a reply to: gortex

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   

While definitely not as dramatic as the footage you provide, I got some cool footage of SpaceX Falcon 9 zooming over the ocean the other night:

My son had just came in from the States and I was going out to meet him when I looked up and saw it, so it was quite fortuitous. I actually captured footage of SpaceX flying overhead 2 times now. Pretty cool. I was pondering on why its contrail glows in the dark, and the only thing I can think of is its so high in the atmosphere the sun's light is reaching it. And if you see it zoom off further it appears to darken as it escapes the light of the sun. That is my conclusion in any event.

edit on Sun, 30 Jun 2024 14:36:19 -0500pm63020240600000019America/ChicagoSun, 30 Jun 2024 14:36:19 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That was a MASSIVE explosion when the booster came back down!! The concussion and shock wave alone from that blast would have killed people if they were nearby.

Since when do you test a rocket booster in an upright orientation????

When I was working in conjunction with Morton-Thiokol on the Shuttle SRB's in the '80's, the boosters would always be laying down horizontally when test fired. Plus, about a half a mile in front of the test stands there was a hillside so that if the booster somehow ever managed to break free it would crash into the hillside immediately afterwards. No booster ever did break free (thankfully), but they were tested in this orientation to prevent exactly what we see in the videos!

Great post, gortex! S&F!

edit on 6/30/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Classic case of shoot the camera man.

Massive explosion spanning the entire field of view, somehow managed to capture only a split second corner of it.

edit on 30-6-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"Tofu Space Program™"😁

India is another laughable "space partner".

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

"Tofu Space Program™"😁

When your whole space program is solely because of stolen work product, those few missing pages you manage to miss during the theft sometimes come back to haunt you. 😆

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Here is a video of a different Chinese rocket.
This one was supposed to launch but it wasn't supposed to come back down on them.

That yellow smoke is apparently super toxic as well.

These guys make Boeing look good !!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

That was a MASSIVE explosion when the booster came back down!! The concussion and shock wave alone from that blast would have killed people if they were nearby.

Since when do you test a rocket booster in an upright orientation????

When I was working in conjunction with Morton-Thiokol on the Shuttle SRB's in the '80's, the boosters would always be laying down horizontally when test fired. Plus, about a half a mile in front of the test stands there was a hillside so that if the booster somehow ever managed to break free it would crash into the hillside immediately afterwards. No booster ever did break free (thankfully), but they were tested in this orientation to prevent exactly what we see in the videos!

Great post, gortex! S&F!

Large liquid fuel rockets (the ones that are turbo pump-fed) are tested in the vertical position because the inlets to the turbo pumps require gravity to keep the liquid fuels flowing into them. That would include the Rocketdyne F-1s as used on the Saturn 5, the Space Shuttle Main Engines, and the SpaceX Raptors, for example.

Solid rocket motors typically don't care which direction they're pointing, because the solid fuel doesn't flow (unless something has gone horribly wrong).

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

"Tofu Space Program™"😁

Did you spell India when you meant China?

From what I can tell India seems to be making a lot of progress in space. They even just test landed their reusable space plane.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"I said lunch not launch!!"

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Yes. I know starship is tested vertical. Good info 👍

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Good point, and interesting to know. My experience was with SRB's. So, these are different, as you point out, to LRB's.

I know how LRB's work, but I've never worked with, or on, them..

Thanks for the clarification.

edit on 6/30/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   
China has a history of “no casualties” in failed rocket launches. They wiped out an entire village one time and initially said no casualties.
edit on 6/30/2424 by Texastruth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

"Tofu Space Program™"😁

Did you spell India when you meant China?

From what I can tell India seems to be making a lot of progress in space. They even just test landed their reusable space plane.

m.youtube.com...
Yeah. That moon landing was quite spectacular!
LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Happened before .......

US NAVY Viking research rocket June 1952

A static test firing of an improved Viking research rocket went awry when it broke loose from the test stand and flew
several miles down range

In the late spring of 1952, the Naval Research Laboratory team, under the management of Milton Rosen, prepared to launch the first second-generation Viking rocket, Viking 8, from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. The new Viking design was nearly one-and-a-half times as wide as its precursor, with the highest fuel-to-weight ratio of any rocket yet developed. The tail fins no longer supported the weight of the rocket, which had been the case with the first-generation design. Now, the Viking rocket rested on the base of its fuselage. This allowed the tail fins to be made much lighter, allowing the rocket to carry a heavier tank without weighing more than the first Viking design.

On 6 June 1952, Viking 8 broke loose of its moorings during a static firing test. After it was allowed to fly for 55 seconds in the hope that it would clear the immediate area and thus pose no danger to ground crew, Nat Wagner, head of the "Cutoff group", delivered a command to the rocket to cease its thrust. 65 seconds later, the rocket crashed 4 to 5 miles (6 to 8 km) downrange to the southeast.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The two engineers in charge were Ho Re Sheet and Yu Fuk Up

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Awesome my country! (Some might get it).

It's lucky it didn't land on any homes or the CCP would have to fine those citizens for building their house under a crashed rocket.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The two engineers in charge were Ho Re Sheet and Yu Fuk Up

You left out:
Sum Ting Wong
Ka Boom BeDang
Kra Shin Burnd

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Honest question: You don't consider that racist?
🤷🏻

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join