It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud storm, loud magnets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ea reply to: Hecate666

Exactly. I can't think of a better way to describe the sound. I guess it's not very intuitive / common.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

So maybe it's a common occurance with storms and maybe I never noticed it before. That'd be a little strange, but possible. Certainly less strange than being part of some paranormal thing.

Even if it were paranormal, how would one ever know.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This is super informative and maybe that's what I was hearing, the reverberation.

As an adult, I'd think that reverberation are ingrained in me as part of the original sound. But maybe the reverberation were louder/ stronger than usual - given the unusually loud sound. And that all adds up.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That's very cool. A rabbit, a cat, a leaning chimney and a storm.

I have all those things present.

I wonder if the storm caused any improvements to my chimney.

I have been told the soot in unused chimney can turn into something undesirable.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

That is a similar sensation, yes. And I did not think of transformers because normally when those are going, there is an associated engine sound.

But it could have been a unique firing given the storm - it could have been!

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Hi again Oldcrapy2

Although the night in question that I describe in OP, does have me wondering about what I heard. But a previous experience that I had, might be a ship of sorts!

About 5 years ago, maybe more, I was sitting in my room watching a movie with a guy friend. Something zipped by my windiw and I mean ZIPPED. I didn't react in time but when I looked up, my friend was starring down at me amd alarmingly asked "what was THAT?"

I was so glad he heard it. I was glad because when I told ppl in the past about the mysterious craft that zips by my window, ppl thought it was a drone or something. But I keep describing that it's too fast and it didn't sound like a drone.

Anyway, it never came back so I forgot about it. Your reference reminded me.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I didn't hear any high frequencies

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Degradation33

Interesting, thanks.

When we moved in to our cottage 22 odd years ago the survey said the chimney stack was leaning and would need replacing in a couple of years. A friend came down looked up at the roof. "How will you get all that moss off your slates?" She said.

That night one of our cats was sat on dining table with our rabbit. Single clap of thunder right overhead. Both jumped up really high in shock
high. Power went off.

Went outside, chimney scorched roof too
Moss all gone.

Insurance paid for new chimney.

Thank you too. Great information folks.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I second that im sitting staring at two magnets here and they are pretty much silent.

Short of pulling them apart and here them "kaching" back together.

Maybe he means the likes of the ozone smell before or after a storm or downpour?

Where you can almost taste it and feel it in the back of your nose.

edit on 29-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daniidoom
Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts? I'd love to hear them all.

To me, it sounds like an electrical transformer might have gotten hit.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Can't say for sure but I think the OP meant a hum like from en electro-magnet.

I used to experience something similar when having sleep paralysis and couldn't quite reach the OBE state. It brings to mind a shock but it isn't the same, more of a vibration.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Could be daskakik.

I can feel it in my sinuses before a storm.

As to sleep paralysis, had that myself in the past, as you know terrifying and no fun.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

*hear not here.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
As to sleep paralysis, had that myself in the past, as you know terrifying and no fun.

Actually, it was terrifying until I realized it was just part of the detachment of the second body/soul/astral body or whatever you want to call it

Now when I experience it no longer causes fear in me. I just see it as a chance to have an OBE or if I gauge it isn't going to happen, I just go back to sleep.
edit on 30-6-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   

No, an analogy would be when Marty, in Back to the Future cranks up Docs Amplifier before blowing it up with his electric guitar. That sound it makes…
edit on 1-7-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Never had an OBE, but it was terrifying not being able to move or do anything whist being fully conscious.

I have not had them in years all the same.

Reason i got them was my own fault all through.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Daniidoom

Last autumn/winter i had something of a similar WTF moment while hearing a storm overhead in the early hours , no thunder just high winds and living in the north of Scotland and being used to 60 to 100+ mph winds regularly i heard something that in my nearly sixty years on the planet i had never heard since or before .

It sounded like a giant turbo fan engine was right above my roof , like a jet engine ?

Yip weird and totally a mind xxxx for me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join