It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud storm, loud magnets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The other night, a storm rolled through my area through the night. It was very loud, unusually loud ripping thunder. It was beautiful.

The loud thunder woke me up here and there, but no biggie I'd go right back to sleep.

Then there was this really loud rip that had me jerk into sitting position. Then I noticed really loud magnet sound, almost camouflaged in the thunder. It was like "waw waw waw waw" - anyone kmow the sound?

The magnet sound was so loud and kept getting louder, all I could think is "this is ridiculous". I felt like it was coming from above my head, like the floor above me? After listening for a second & trying to decide what to do, it stopped. So I thought I'd just sleep. It's not like I can walk around my apartment and search for evidence of magnet buzz.

But then it happened one more time that I could hear. I perked up again, but this time I perked up because I'm familiar with the sound and now I'm subconsciously looking for it, not because the sound was loud. Still camouflaged with the thunder, but much quieter.

I just slept again.

I'm having a hard time remembering this and a hard time remembering the sequence etc..

Next couple of days, I turn on the TV randomly and coincidentally see all this information about mind control through magnets and maybe spirituality is involved and how deep is this rabbit whole and is it worth running?

Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts? I'd love to hear them all.

edit on 29-6-2024 by Daniidoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Daniidoom

What's a "magnet sound"?

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I totally know what it means. Imagine a fluctuating sound going waw waw waw. Can you really not imagine?
It's hard to think of an example but OP means like the souns huge magnets might make.

Or a large energy machine or similar.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Thanks. Got it now.

Maybe thunder echoing and reverberating?

Rolling thunder?
edit on 29-6-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Think of the drivers on an overloaded speaker. They make that waw/hum and now imagine that sound oscillating.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Almost seems like a transformer on a pole nearby struggling with an overload or short.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
honestly my first thought ranges from an experimental engine for an acft to an alien craft, to just a normal acft that the atmosphere was having an effect on the noise it normally makes.

Doesnt help I know, sorry cool experience for you though.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Storms don't happen like this very often where I'm at but I have in the past experienced something almost exactly like you extremely loud thunder I mean LOUD and the wah wah wah sound going on like I dont know how to describe it just like a constant background wah wah wah whirling sound. Weird. I didn't think of magnet but now that you say it maybe it was a magnetic sound.

Adding is this a paranormal thing? Did I finally experience something paranormal and not even realize it you guys?!
edit on 29-6-2024 by Shoshanna because: Doodlebugs

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I found this interesting. The science behind the sound of thunder:

www.motherearthnews.com...

"So, now we know what causes thunder. But here’s the mystery: The shock waves that cause thunder last only a fraction of a second, so why does the booming carry on for up to several seconds? Echoes off ground surfaces, buildings and nearby mountains are one reason, but the main factor behind thunder’s longevity is the extreme length of the lightning bolt.

Lightning races through the sky at more than 60,000 miles per second, but sound travels through air at only one-fifth of a mile per second. So, if a long vertical flash is one mile away, the first thunder arrives in five seconds. The sounds continues to arrive from higher and higher up the bolt, and may last several seconds or more."

And:

"Sound waves are also influenced by destructive interference. When similar waves are superimposed, their vibrations oppose or support each other, which results in a haphazard mixture of cancelled and reinforced sounds. Therefore, when lightning is a few miles away, we hear throbbing variations of sound — the rumble of thunder."

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Non DARPA-related science says:

Ultra/Very Low Frequency magnetic field fluctuations.

www.sciencefriday.com...

Lightning strikes release electromagnetic radiation in the very low frequency (VLF) band, which ranges from 3 Hz to 30 kHz. This is within the human hearing range, which is 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Lightning also emits radio-frequency emissions in the very high frequency (VHF) range (30–300 MHz) and high frequency (HF) range (3–30 MHz).

You really are hearing electromagnetic radiation, not sound waves.... might be something to all those strange happenings in the low frequencies with other applications too.
edit on 29-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Interesting, thanks.

When we moved in to our cottage 22 odd years ago the survey said the chimney stack was leaning and would need replacing in a couple of years. A friend came down looked up at the roof. "How will you get all that moss off your slates?" She said.

That night one of our cats was sat on dining table with our rabbit. Single clap of thunder right overhead. Both jumped up really high in shock
high. Power went off.

Went outside, chimney scorched roof too
Moss all gone.

Insurance paid for new chimney.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Loved your story!

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The DARPA answer is better. You can take what was learned about ULFs and turn it into mind control. Some of which apparently declassified. Like the CIA experiment that determined transmitting certain 3 to 30 hz frequencies over a targeted area can change the mood of the population within the broadcast range to some effect.

Like how slight changes in ionization (caused by windy days) can make you irritable. The claim is certain frequencies induce emotional states in the mind. Like 14.25 hz = happiness. There are also claims this orbital technology has been selectively put to use over populations surrounding elections. The Strange But True or Incredible But True program I saw it on said it was possibly employed during the '09 Obama inauguration to keep everyone happy.

And maybe somewhere in Havana? Though that happened way after that episode was broadcast.
edit on 29-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I was doing a week carping at a lake in France with the ladsMassive electrical storm. Stood near a fence next to a cornfield sinking cold ones and telling tall stories about lightning near misses.

Lighting was incredible.

Then it struck the field feet away. Blackened circle of corn. Went back to our bivvys and zipped up for the night. The storm carried on.

Being a total b*astard I crept out and slid my camera set on flash under my mates bivvy and set the flash off. His head hit the roof of his bivvy pulling the pegs out and still in the bivvy he ran into the lake.

To this day he believes he was struck by lightning.

Fortunately no one grassed me up.

Edit: Oops. Replied to self?

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Pleiadian beem ship perhaps. Were there any high frequencies in the the sound at all ?
edit on 29-6-2024 by bluemooone44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

When you say “waw waw waw” that reminds me of when you’re driving in a car and open the sunroof, or crack open one window with all other windows closed. The pressure in the car starts pulsating in your ears until you open another window. Was it similar to that sensation?

Also have you thought of the power transformers that feed your building? I have heard them make crazy noises.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone44

"Pleiadian beem ship perhaps. "

A what?

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone44

Oh, those ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Me and my roommate commented about the same thing to each other after a storm last week. Mid Michigan area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join