It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to Climate Change believers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That’s Fort Denison in Port Jackson, NSW.

Sydney harbour is in Canada somewhere I believe.

a reply to: underpass61

All that aside, in the 15 years I have floated around, past and loitered near Fort Denison it has always maintained a comfortable height above sea level 👍

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Gaslighting us all the time on the warming aspect and rising sea levels isn't working on Joe Sixpack anymore. I never fell for this scam as a life long Environmental Scientist. Yes, I have had long drawn out back and forth with my coworkers who always come around to the data. Which is harder to do when the UN is massaging it for affect. Leading scientist on both sides of this and clearly the data points to two things. One a Sun cycle, two the Earths predictable response when you see the historical data un massaged.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

High tide line LOL. So the tidal changes are falling within the same parameters that they have for 140 years .

I don't have social media besides ATS, so check your own damn self.
I live on a rocky coastal section of California. Photos going back 100 years show ZERO change in tide levels. I know high tide and I know low tide - I grew up in it.

That's one more response than I swore I would ever again give you damnit

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Possible causes of the MWP include increased solar activity,

Solar is the least cause, so keep looking ...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Show me.

Our former President and his family, the Obama's, recently got a house on Martha's Vineyard, 7 miles off the coast of Massachusetts.

The highest point on Martha's Vineyard is 43 feet.

Now, do you really think our former President, who has a number of honorary doctorates, and ran the entire United States, was stupid enough to buy land that would just end up flooded with some massive sea level rise?

Martha's Vineyard would already have had to rebuild any docks if sea levels were rising the way some claim they are. And everyone on Martha's Vineyard would be selling off their land as fast as they could.

This tells me President Obama knows something the rest of us aren't being told.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
That’s Fort Denison in Port Jackson, NSW.

Sydney harbour is in Canada somewhere I believe.

a reply to: underpass61

All that aside, in the 15 years I have floated around, past and loitered near Fort Denison it has always maintained a comfortable height above sea level 👍

Here's the Wikipedia page on Fort Denison in Sydney, NSW, Australia - which is part of the "Sydney Harbour National Park".

There is however, another Sydney Harbour in Canada.

I have also been to Fort Denison a couple of times on school excursions.

I also used to work at the Sydney Opera House across from Fort Denison. Which reminds me about the fact that the 'underwater' workshop in the foundations of the Sydney Opera House were flooded a lot of the time because of the rise of water levels from king tides above Bennelong Point (which wasn't underwater when they built the Opera House back in 1959).

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Spoken like a true believer!! Well done!!
Did you get indoctrinated in college?
If so you should ask for your money back.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
a reply to: crayzeed
Didn't Al Gore himself by a beach house? 0bama too?

BTW, I lost my appetite with PorkChop96 right below me, as s/he/it seems to believe me. Or maybe was one upping me???

Yep

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I've been to a few glaciers like Hintertux that have lost around 75% their mass in my lifetime, all others in the area are closed or melted completely - it's not as if the water just magics away into space after it melts. Warmer water takes up more volume (basic physics) which is the main source of the accelerating rise in recent years.

The sea level rise over the last 100 years is a lot different and more rapid than the natural waxing/waning cycles that occur.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The rise in atmospheric CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution is well documented, however the anticipated effects have not been as evident. We know we are changing what we strongly suspect as climate, but we are not smart enough to pinpoint where or how it will manifest.

Certainly, over the long term, there are many submerged cities off our coasts because that is where most of us want to congregate. These cities were lost in true sea level rise from events like the YD and Pulse 1B, ~13ky ago.

Others are lost from land erosion from countless hurricanes and storms that undermined the land they were on. These are submerged because of land loss and the ocean now sits over their rubble.

We are aware of so many more cycles and sub-cycles as we live on this rock.

All it takes is the right conditions and an accompanying event to push us over a hard limit. In many cases we fail to learn what that limit was, because it kills us.

edit on 28-6-2024 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47

You think that sea levels rising and buildings sinking resuls in higher water levels is college level education?

I may see the problem here.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Degradation33
Possible causes of the MWP include increased solar activity,

Solar is the least cause, so keep looking ...

Xtro
I love reading your comments till this one bro.

I didn't expect you to not understand it is solar. Well, it absolutely is.

Here is a great place to learn about the Sun and the daily reactions to the Solar flares and discharging of charged particles to Earth. THIS SITE BELOW is worth your time to be able to know the facts as they stand today.

the worlds leading expert, 1st they laughed at him. Now they right Scientific papers on our Solar system and the Cosmos and include his data and discuss the historical significance. The data is from Hubble and Webb telescopes and the SOHO data.

edit on 28000000053020246America/Chicago06am6 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

As a Scientist who thinks for themselves should do. I advised my children to go the vocational rout. I don't like the woke professors ruining my children over lies and narratives for the future happiness of some already extremely rich and pompous asses.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I've been to a few glaciers like Hintertux that have lost around 75% their mass in my lifetime, all others in the area are closed or melted completely - it's not as if the water just magics away into space after it melts. Warmer water takes up more volume (basic physics) which is the main source of the accelerating rise in recent years.

The sea level rise over the last 100 years is a lot different and more rapid than the natural waxing/waning cycles that occur.

Clearly you need a glass of water full of ice to see how it changes the water level. Land mass ice is nothing now as we have been coming out of an Ice age for thousands of years. Oh, yeah the ice age has been warming for thousands of years. Now we weren't here when CO2 was extremely high and plants were huge feeding Dino's. IT was way hotter than today and CO2 is too low today. The CO2 is plant food story is TRUE!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good observations. The CO2 is at an all time low the last couple of decades. I monitor air pollution and they want to monitor carbon but that is CO they want but the media goes with CO2 being the danger when CO which is from incomplete combustion of flammable materials in an oxygen atmosphere has always been the concern of scientist and Dr's alike. But we have already invented the H2 motors. One of them was created at the University I earned my degree after I left and that was built over 30 years ago. I put it to Al Gor a fellow native of TN as he was slamming CO2 and he didn't do # about the car they built that uses water. The design was that you put water in and drive while the water is converted on demand to Hydrogen and burned creating water out the exhaust pipe with some minor NOX emissions.

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: network dude

The rise in atmospheric CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution is well documented, however the anticipated effects have not been as evident. We know we are changing what we strongly suspect as climate, but we are not smart enough to pinpoint where or how it will manifest.

Certainly, over the long term, there are many submerged cities off our coasts because that is where most of us want to congregate. These cities were lost in true sea level rise from events like the YD and Pulse 1B, ~13ky ago.

Others are lost from land erosion from countless hurricanes and storms that undermined the land they were on. These are submerged because of land loss and the ocean now sits over their rubble.

We are aware of so many more cycles and sub-cycles as we live on this rock.

All it takes is the right conditions and an accompanying event to push us over a hard limit. In many cases we fail to learn what that limit was, because it kills us.

edit on 28000000083020246America/Chicago06am6 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Clearly you need a glass of water full of ice to see how it changes the water level. Land mass ice is nothing now as we have been coming out of an Ice age for thousands of years. Oh, yeah the ice age has been warming for thousands of years. Now we weren't here when CO2 was extremely high and plants were huge feeding Dino's. IT was way hotter than today and CO2 is too low today. The CO2 is plant food story is TRUE!!!

If you add water to a glass of water what happens?

Yes the earth would be fine if earth was much warmer as it has been in the past. Human civilization not necessarily so much.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

If you add water to a glass of water what happens?

Yes the earth would be fine if earth was much warmer as it has been in the past. Human civilization not necessarily so much.

Great question. We aren't adding water to a glass of water with existing ice on Earth. What is happening is the ice is coming from the Earths atmosphere and returning to the Mantle. The Earth was built for this. The temperatures where glaciers and ice caps exists rarely get above freezing and the melting is due to the Earth's volcano's firing up for the current Solar event that is going to be creating EMP like solar flares based on the recent data from Webb being discussed in the Journals of Science. You can find links to the papers in that link I posted for Xtrozero. There is a Solar system event occurring if you dig into the stories on the outer planets in the news lately.

edit on 28000000203020246America/Chicago06am6 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You think that sea levels rising and buildings sinking resuls in higher water levels is college level education?

I think some people believe liars without double checking the science. The Science on this is out there and the UN point of view is BUNK. The IPCC have fudged data and lost my trust FOREVER and EVER. DeGrasse Tyson is a liar and protects the DS.

When I taught lab I taught the students to research the data and challenge it with facts. Don't cheat because it destroys the whole process. Well the UN cheated the data, end of story for my caring what they think.

edit on 28000000533020246America/Chicago06am6 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I think some people believe liars without double checking the science. The Science on this is out there and the UN point of view is BUNK. The IPCC have fudged data and lost my trust FOREVER and EVER. DeGrasse Tyson is a liar and protects the DS.

When I taught lab I taught the students to research the data and challenge it with facts. Don't cheat because it destroys the whole process. Well the UN cheated the data, end of story for my caring what they think.

Really what research have you done into climate change or related subjects?

Links to papers published or details of data you have personally gathered would be appreciated.

Or when you say research do you mean stuff you read online?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Really what research have you done into climate change or related subjects?

Links to papers published or details of data you have personally gathered would be appreciated.

Or when you say research do you mean stuff you read online?

I gave you the links go learn. I am in this field of Science for my career choice. I study atmospheric pollution.

Again

edit on 28000000063020246America/Chicago06am6 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join