It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to Climate Change believers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Most here know, I and many others don't buy into the whole "man made warming" hyperbole that exists. It's warming and has been since the ice age ended. I and many others also fully grasp that we as humans are filthy animals and pollute our world like true professionals. But the most easily provable falsehood told about all this is the sea level rise. If the sea level was truly rising exponentially every year, then it would be easily seen. Any and every coastline would have structures that use to be above water, now submerged, or at the very least, partially submerged.

So the challenge is to show something, some building, some structure that has existed for many years, that used to be above water, and now is not. Or at the very least, verifiable to have changed by visual representation.

I have gone to Bar Harbor Maine many years in the fall. We stay in the same place each year. A set of beautiful islands are visible just out our porch view. Now I don't expect to be able to see the seas rise in my short span of 10-12 years of visiting this place, but when I look back at pictures, it all looks the same. Like remarkably the same. So at least in my mind, if the sea level is rising, then we should be able to see it. And since we all have phones with cameras now, we should be able to prove it. that's what this is about.

Show me.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You won't be able to see any rise in sea level. See, all of the plastic that is floating in the oceans exerts a downward force on the surface of the water and keeps sea levels from rising. Prominent scientists have calculated that the downward pressure cancels out the rise in sea level due to ice melt. So the extinction event level danger is still just a few years away, it's just not visible.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

I would be very curious to see there studies and calculations, as I feel it would be very hard for even the most knowledgeable scientists to tell us exactly how much debris is floating around, or under for that matter, our oceans.

Feel like sharing those with us?

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

as ice melts, the water weight Sinks the ocean floor ... and the molten rock below gets pushed to the surface as Lava

the dynamic is obvious

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Look to the money! How come beach side property prices are going through the roof, If the sea levels were rising shouldn't that devalue property prices. Think about that one.

And the other poster:- i don't wanna feed the troll, I don't wanna feed the troll.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: StudioNada

How much more pressure can the Earths core take before it implodes on itself?

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Didn't Al Gore himself by a beach house? 0bama too?

BTW, I lost my appetite with PorkChop96 right below me, as s/he/it seems to believe me. Or maybe was one upping me???

edit on 27-6-2024 by Hakaiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I jest

I was just trying to see if you could actually find some evidence of it lol I'm sure some doctoral candidate has written a thesis on that very thing and made someone believe it.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I actually had this conversation with another member, who posted a picture of a fort in Sydney harbor from over 100 years ago, then posted a picture in-between tides, claiming that was proof, until another picture was found showing the identical water line today, as 100 years ago.

I'm not against being shown I'm wrong, but lying to me just isn't as convincing as it used to be.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

I jest

I bow to your superior trollness. You definitely had me going for a few.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I've learned plenty from those on here that do nothing but troll.

But, I do believe there is some tart out there that has written a paper on exactly what you described and people believe it.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
And there is the problem with using a measuring stick approach. There are so many factors that can affect the tides. Time of day, time of month, wind, recent rain, etc. The water heights have to be averaged over long periods of time.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

You won't be able to see any rise in sea level. See, all of the plastic that is floating in the oceans exerts a downward force on the surface of the water and keeps sea levels from rising. Prominent scientists have calculated that the downward pressure cancels out the rise in sea level due to ice melt. So the extinction event level danger is still just a few years away, it's just not visible.

Oh gosh I don't see anyone else understanding what a crock this is...I do hope they get it...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas
Do not feed the trolls.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yes, and if we are being told that because of man's influence, we have been making sea level rise for the last 60 years, one would think that's a long enough window to see the devastation that is expected in the next 10 years. (according to the gloom and doom climate folks-point of no return)

But as you look at the coastline all over the world, there just doesn't seem to be cities underwater, at least none that weren't already that way. (Venice) Maybe I'm wrong and the seas really are rising, but if they are, just as water is wet, it's visible, but it's not visible where anyone can see it being higher than it was.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dear Mr network, just to clear things up, Venice is not being flooded by sea rise, as the Venetian engineers will tell you, Venice has been sinking for over a hundred years

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Venice is a good example. The water there is getting higher and higher and climate nuts will tell you that's the proof you want. Real science has shown that Venice is actually sinking. I've been near the shore most of my life and have family there that are long time boaters, and none of them can say they have seen any change in sea levels over their lifetimes.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Even the mention is a tasty morsel. If you really want to take that stance, just ignore ignore trolls completely, don't even mention them.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't help you OP, as I'm right there with you.

But I have to laugh at some of the posts here.
1) Sarcasm goes over some peoples heads. At least use this
so people know your not serious.
2) Some of you would be AWESOME at infiltrating the "Climate Changers" You would probably be given high paying jobs for you "inventive" ideas. My god, if you said you were trans?
6 figure incomes people!!!!!!
And a job at the WH!

edit on 27-6-2024 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yes, thanks for the clarification on that. It's important to understand the difference between sinking buildings and water levels.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join