It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Trump Witnesses Have Received Significant Financial Benefits From His Businesses, Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Nine witnesses in the criminal cases against former President Donald Trump have received significant financial benefits, including large raises from his campaign, severance packages, new jobs, and a grant of shares and cash from Trump’s media company.

The benefits have flowed from Trump’s businesses and campaign committees, according to a ProPublica analysis of public disclosures, court records and securities filings. One campaign aide had his average monthly pay double, from $26,000 to $53,500. Another employee got a $2 million severance package barring him from voluntarily cooperating with law enforcement. And one of the campaign’s top officials had her daughter hired onto the campaign staff, where she is now the fourth-highest-paid employee.

LINK

The article goes into detail on what each witness received to potentially modify or influence their participation in the cases against Trump.

Trump has already commented publicly that he will sue the publisher of the article, ProPublica.

Trump threatens to sue reporters who revealed that he's paying witnesses

Former President Donald Trump's legal team is threatening litigation against the nonprofit investigative outlet ProPublica, for a story published at the start of this month alleging his business and campaign are paying "significant financial benefits" to witnesses in cases against him.

ProPublica revealed the threat against them in a post on X Wednesday.

"Trump’s attorney sent ProPublica a cease-and-desist letter demanding this article not be published. It warned that if the outlet and its reporters 'continue their reckless campaign of defamation, President Trump will evaluate all legal remedies,'" stated the post.

LINK

A topic of discussion for tonight's debate?

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EndTime

do you have 51 former intel officers signatures to verify this?

"Trump’s attorney sent ProPublica a cease-and-desist letter demanding this article not be published. It warned that if the outlet and its reporters 'continue their reckless campaign of defamation, President Trump will evaluate all legal remedies,'" stated the post.

sounds like this will be sorted out in court, and could get expensive.
edit on 27-6-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

No. What is interesting is that it is not a denial lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If it's good enough for a judge's daughter....

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

I dunno, a lawsuit sounds like a denial to me. Ever sued someone because they're right?

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

I dunno, a lawsuit sounds like a denial to me. Ever sued someone because they're right?

A cease and desist is an order to stop doing something. Not a denial.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Nine witnesses in the criminal cases against former President Donald Trump have received significant financial benefits, including large raises from his campaign, severance packages, new jobs, and a grant of shares and cash from Trump’s media company.

The benefits have flowed from Trump’s businesses and campaign committees, according to a ProPublica analysis of public disclosures, court records and securities filings. One campaign aide had his average monthly pay double, from $26,000 to $53,500. Another employee got a $2 million severance package barring him from voluntarily cooperating with law enforcement. And one of the campaign’s top officials had her daughter hired onto the campaign staff, where she is now the fourth-highest-paid employee.

LINK

The article goes into detail on what each witness received to potentially modify or influence their participation in the cases against Trump.

Trump has already commented publicly that he will sue the publisher of the article, ProPublica.

Former President Donald Trump's legal team is threatening litigation against the nonprofit investigative outlet ProPublica, for a story published at the start of this month alleging his business and campaign are paying "significant financial benefits" to witnesses in cases against him.

LINK

Right here is the problem.

There's a certain segment of society that doesn't know what f'n evidence is....

People get paid and get raises all the time, but you haven't connected that to paying them to alter their testimony.

If you want to see how to do it right, watch the Young Thug trial..

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If true, it sounds like they are a little pissed that Trump is taking a page out of the loser Liberals playbook.

God forbid he is almost as crooked as they they are.

Don’t care, still voting Trump.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You would think an attorney might word their threat a bit more specifically to impart the severity of the situation instead of saying "or else" because that implies they haven't really done their diligence beyond shaking a fist indignantly via email.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

LINK

LINK

People get paid and get raises all the time, but you haven't connected that to paying them to alter their testimony.

Yup, it should be proven for Trump's attempt to enforce a cease and desist order.

While I agree with your comment regarding compensation not necessarily inferring a quid pro quo, it is apparent that you have not been in senior levels of management and had to deal with many anti-corruption policy meetings that are required for most corporations, as that really restricts certain "attempts" to game the system internally and externally.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

If true, it sounds like they are a little pissed that Trump is taking a page out of the loser Liberals playbook.

God forbid he is almost as crooked as they they are.

Don’t care, still voting Trump.

Yeah, you are probably right. These claims need to be evaluated based on their actual concrete merits.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's one of Trump's favorite plays, and one he can only do because he's pretty wealthy. If you don't care how much the lawyers cost, you can bring all kinds of countersuits against your opponents because you think you can outspend them and they will get exhausted and just give up.

For example, in 2023 Trump brought a countersuit against E. Jean Carroll after the jury in her civil suit against him found that Trump had sexually assaulted her. Fortunately, the judge recognized his countersuit was frivolous and dismissed it immediately.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

At this point in time, NOTHING Trump is accused of makes any difference to me. To many false claims, by 1,000 experts, crying wolf. The globalists blew it. I no longer pay any attention nor do I care what they accuse the man of.
I will still vote for him.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

It's one of Trump's favorite plays, and one he can only do because he's pretty wealthy. If you don't care how much the lawyers cost, you can bring all kinds of countersuits against your opponents because you think you can outspend them and they will get exhausted and just give up.

For example, in 2023 Trump brought a countersuit against E. Jean Carroll after the jury in her civil suit against him found that Trump had sexually assaulted her. Fortunately, the judge recognized his countersuit was frivolous and dismissed it immediately.

You are very right. It is a typical response. Which honestly, I would expect from any person or organization that has the money to do so.

What is different with Trump and his organization is the shear volume of suits they submit. I know that some of the largest multinational corporations, at least one anyways from personal experience, experienced a fraction of the lawsuits and countersuits as the Trump org.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

At this point in time, NOTHING Trump is accused of makes any difference to me. To many false claims, by 1,000 experts, crying wolf. The globalists blew it. I no longer pay any attention nor do I care what they accuse the man of.

The harder they cry about him, the more I like him.
It’s all meaningless at this point.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

A serious question, with this approach do you worry that you might miss important matters that actually mean something to you if you willy choose to ignore information, whether it be about trump or not, and whether it is factual or not.

I dont like to be ignorant, I want to be aware of all information, fact based or fictional, to help me make important decisions. You do you i guess.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So emotional and reactionary.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

LINK

LINK

Yup, it should be proven for Trump's attempt to enforce a cease and desist order.

While I agree with your comment regarding compensation not necessarily inferring a quid pro quo, it is apparent that you have not been in senior levels of management and had to deal with many anti-corruption policy meetings that are required for most corporations, as that really restricts certain "attempts" to game the system internally and externally.

Yes, those meetings are taken VERY seriously too, as CYA is very important.

Or do you mean strategy meetings?

At this point, if Trump openly cheated his way to POTUS this time, I'd be laughing my f'n ass off.

Game on..

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So emotional and reactionary.

Not at all.

It’s the product of watching 8+ years of the Left trying to bullsh!t us into thinking Trump is Hitler and them being wrong every damn time.

The Liberals endless accusations against Trump are like Charlie Brown’s teacher talking, you just tune it out after so long.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Okay, Ive been straight up lied to about the evils of Trump more times than I can count, but I guess I'll believe it this time lol. That thought ever go through your head?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join