It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your go-to song?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What are some of your guys go to songs?

I love this song for some reason. I think its the entire everything about it including the music video. I dont know what it is about this specific 80s sound. But certain songs, I love.

Some songs just hit and it doesn't matter the genre.

This video of Rammstein is just cool. Rammstein in general are always doing something weirdly cool onstage. Especially the keyboard dude I forgot his name but he seems like he's fun!

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My go-to,

It's a reminder that no matter how bad things in life get, I can always just choose to walk away from the madness surrounding me and work at my own happiness instead.

There's a lot of things in life we have no control over and can't change. Our attitudes, and what environment we choose to be in, is about the only control we do have.

edit on 25-6-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have about a dozen. Here's a couple of the main ones that come to mind immediately.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oh gosh that's easy...

Oh crap! Sorry...sorry...my bad...

What I MEANT is that this has always been my favorite song...

As well as

Even if the latter is more like a sick joke created by Speilberg of all people as people are led to believe it is a true story when it is nothing but a historical fiction...Using the story of the nonexistent list to make a hero out of Oskar Schindler, a man who flew the 3rd Reich flag until the day he died and whose actions that saved jews were strictly selfish and financially motivated. And to think, people watch the Nazi cry about, "I could have saved one more person," is a smack in the face to everyone who went through World War II. But the music....mmm....

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ever love a song and not know why? This is mine

My favorite song by my favorite band

One of my favorite covers

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It really depends on my mood, but here are a few:

Some good old fashioned rock n roll...

m.youtube.com...

Some good old fashioned punk/grime

m.youtube.com...

A song that reminds me of things

m.youtube.com...

A song for you sci-fi geeks (who is she)

m.youtube.com...

Aw hell, and one for all my ats friends

m.youtube.com...

PS, sorry to not embed. I know how on a laptop, not my mobile.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I have hundreds and it depends on my mood.

the whole of Dark side of the moon when I want to lose the blues.

Shine on You Crazy Diamond when I want to swim in it. "come on you target for far away laughter, come on you legend you piper you prisoner and shine"!

If I want to be happy

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Yes! Randy Bachman is one of the greats. Great lyrics:

Get a second-hand guitar, Chances are you'll go far
If you get in with the right bunch of fellows
People see you having fun, Just a-lying in the sun
Tell them that you like it this way
It's the work that we avoid, And we're all self-employed
We love to work at nothing all day

He had some great stuff with The Guess Who:

Love these Pink Floyd songs:

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Alot of Northern Europe and Scandanavia. Fairly autistic taste in music.

I dont care how retarded their lyrics sometimes are I like my Black Sabbath-ABBA hybrid.

Genius:

3 of my favorite singers at once:

90s Nostalgia:

And random art music I don't usually share. But this woman is off-kilter and brilliant

edit on 26-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I dunno, it'd be tough to call this one...

It'd probably almost have to be something off of AC/DC's 1979 Highway to Hell album, but it's so hard to pick just one. In fact, part of the 'electricity' of AC/DC wasn't just in a single song, but rather the way one song transitioned into another. The buzz of the stacks of amplifiers in the silence, turned up so loud a single pop would make the crowd duck for cover. Man, a person could be dead with no pulse and the the transition from "Girl's Got Rhythm" into "Walk All Over You" would bring the dead back to life...I don't care who ya' are!

The only way you could describe the first part of "Walk All Over You" was like being attacked with a baseball bat after being electrocuted. It was that intense. Nobody had seen anything like that before.

And then...just when you thought you just couldn't take any more...there was "If You Want Blood". Accelerating your heart rate from 100 mph to Mach 2 by the end of the 1st verse. There was just nothing like AC/DC with Bon Scott! I always told my wife...'If I'm ever in a coma, just turn the stereo up to "11" and leave the room. If I'm gonna' wake up, it'll be to those three songs!'

edit - I can actually remember worrying to myself that the stadium might collapse just from the shock waves of sound. The whole place just shook like an earthquake. I wondered what it sounded like out on the street, outside the venue. People must have like stopped and stared like..."What the F### is goin' on inside that place??? And the way AC/DC started and stopped so abruptly; it was like a surprise attack on your central nervous system, and every song was like that. When it was all over people were just in shock, like..."what...was...that??
edit on 6/26/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Guaranteed to put a spring in my step of a morning....

youtu.be..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">https...://youtu.be/FzrGKplWG7E?si=LIHBi7lcfHWuT-Mk

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Being a 'glass half full' type of girl...... I can't take the thread 'seriously' as it were.....

The whole album cheers me up and reminds me not to take life too seriously.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Dang, girl! Into some pretty serious power metal there. With kind of a theatrical element to it also. Do you get into any GWAR or Lordi at all?

I kinda' like Lordi's shtick with the never appearing out of costume gig. Must be tough keeping up that persona though.

It's kind of cool to see all of the northern European and Scandinavian bands that have risen to popularity in recent times. I always wondered why you never really saw too many of them in the 90's and before.

I'm kinda' too old for some of the newer stuff, but some of it is really good.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

HA!! That's classic! Never heard that before.

I was hoping they'd have Bart and Lisa in there with some mini solos. I know they have Bart on some other songs, but he mostly does rap stuff, but I think Bart and Lisa would be a really cool addition to this song as backup singers. It would fit right in.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I go through phases mostly Classic Rock 60s-90s but lately

I can't get enough of Frog Leap Studios and Leo Morracchioli heavy metal covers like this one, sure the video is a little hokie but my neck is sore from listening to thier covers

Gortex mentioned one of thier covers months ago and Im still finding new covers I dig.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

DAMN! That boy can ROCK!! The riffs from 1:41 to 2:35 is some...hard...core...rockin' sh!t!!!

Never heard of this guy before. I'll bet that dude's neighbors just "love" him!! You can't get that level of distortion without a pre-amp and final turned all the way up and then mic'd up through a heavy duty PA setup! Especially the bass and lead lines right at 1:55. Wow!

edit - I wonder how long it took him to lay all that down? His timing is dead-nuts on each track, and I count at least 8, possibly 9, tracks. That took some serious console time to get it right. And then he had to go back and film it all on top of that, and the timing is still pretty dead on (with a couple minor glitches).

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I'm 74 years old and I cried when I first heard the Sound Of Silence by Disturbed the emotion was too much. But I've already planned the music for my funeral/cremation. On entering people will hear (well if anybody turns up) "Fire" by Arthur Haley and as they're leaving it will be "Send for the fire brigade" by The Move.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I just went out in search of this guy to learn more about him. His wiki page says many of his covers require up to (50) tracks! I popped his name into YT and when I saw this song, I was like...'I gotta' hear this!'...because Ballroom Blitz is a pretty heavy song to begin with and Moracchioli blasts it outta' the park on the cover of this one! He's just murdering that lead guitar! W,W,WOW!!

I've gotta' check some more of this guy's stuff out, for sure! I love multi-instrumentalists like this; the talent is just off the hook!

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Have a listen to the whole album, it's a real 'cheer me up'.
My daughters friend (both teenagers at the time) bought the CD for me as a thank you gift for having her stay with us.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join