It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Has Not Connected One Person with High-Speed Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
In fact it could be well into 2025 before anything really happens!!

Good luck with that, the FCC keeps updating the definition of Broadband.

So the big players just use the new grant money to build out over the previous grant's build out to "keep up", which results not much new development.

This way the big players get to save, err, keep a ton of money.

The rules are structured so medium and small companies can't meet the criteria for the grants.

originally posted by: xuenchen
WTF is so difficult????
Who is churning the big money??
Who's getting rich from a zer0 batch deal????

Here's the NTIA website regarding the available funding;
BroadbandUSA Federal Funding

Here is the state by state information;
State and Territory Challenge Process Tracker

Here's a map which shows the awards;
Funding Summary | Broadband Funding Map
You have to zoom in quite a ways then click the polygon to see who won the award.

edit on 16-6-2024 by Mike72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: theatreboy
The only thing that I can disagree with you on is that they didn't throw a couple million out there.

They threw initially 42 billion out there.

Actually the 42 billion is the third or maybe forth round of government funding ...

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Starlink doesn't qualify for any of those dollars;

Starlink loses out on $886 million in rural broadband subsidies

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
About the same miles as that wall on the southern border that Trump REbuilt.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet Brandon got his '10% for the big guy' though

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

He probably did in Ukraine, China and Iran.

😂🤣😂 👍

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: theatreboy

The only thing that I can disagree with you on is that they didn't throw a couple million out there.

They threw initially 42 billion out there.

Now years later that nothing has been done with the 42 billion in terms of actually accomplishing anything (although most of that has been spent) they now need to attach more billions onto that to accomplish...

Nothing.

It is just grifting the taxpayer's dollars at this point.

If they ain’t capable of providing the results they should give the money back…

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike72

Starlink doesn't qualify for any of those dollars;

Starlink loses out on $886 million in rural broadband subsidies

Well, of course not. You can't pay all the good ole boys in your network if someone comes along and solves a problem and makes it cheap !

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Two miles from a Penn State satellite campus, and this road never got cable TV, therefore no DSL. Only two years ago Verizon 4/5G came through with unmetered hi-speed internet. Our only internet previously was some hobgoblin system which came over phone wires that were sheathed in horse hair.

My other places are better with wired internet, but generally we always live on the fringe of civilization.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Laying thousands of miles of fiber optic cable to remote areas isn't exactly something that happens overnight.

They did it in France, even into rural country locations off the beaten track. They will be removing the old overhead lines in the next couple of years when everyone is forced onto the ground layed fibre optic. Sure, they rushed it and made a mess, but they made good and it's there.

All done in about 12 months for most of it so pretty good going me thinks.

I have it outside my house ready to use but my ADSL works fine at 20 Mbps and never drops out for more that a couple of minutes perhaps every few months when I imagine they are doing routine maintenance at the exchange.

So it's possibly the people over there in the U.S. pocketing all the funds to talk about it and stealing all the real workers jobs who would do the real work FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE FUNDS.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 02:21 AM
link   
They put the money in a high interest account and get the interest. Witch goes into there pockets! So you have to wait for 5 years.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Threadbarer

I live west of fairbanks alaska, I have fiber.

when I lived in rural GA I had fiber, my dad lives in rural florida and has had fiber for a decade+, When I lived in rural oklahoma I had fiber.

So where exactly is this area that is so remote it requires thousands of miles of fiber to be run?

Probably New Mexico. Their internet infrastructure is below third world standards.

I live in podunck South Carolina and have high speed fiber optics internet.

My buddy in NM lives not far from a modern town which he has to use a home dish off a signal tower with slow speeds. He says the whole Democratic state is behind times.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We have a Local Power Company Laying Fiber Optic Cable here but the Grant Money came from State GOV
Not JB and Camel Toe.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Laying thousands of miles of fiber optic cable to remote areas isn't exactly something that happens overnight.

Yeah, let us know how many miles they laid.

lol

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Many people in the US such as students in low income school systems could use a 50 MBPS line to research online sources.
Adults taking advantage of online banking and e commerce could save quite a bit on things like expensive medications.

Some US Republicans said last month they were planning to take the reins for the ACP low income connection program which would implement some of the available fiber connections.

broadbandbreakfast.com...

I can understand them taking till the end of June to refund the ACP given some of the concerns about abuse.
All those bills they sent out in April to the tribal land addresses are going to end up dead mail.

Biden said they were going to record those in his State of the Union speech..

Providing affordable high speed internet for every American no matter where you live. Urban, suburban, and rural communities — in red states and blue. Record investments in tribal communities.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Have you ever tried to get internet to a location that does not have internet? It takes months, min 90 days, if you're lucky. We had one location that wanted fiber and it took 2 years to get the construction done. Permits have to be sent out to the county and approved . And depending on how busy the county building department is that can take a loooong time. Plus the inspections which can take forever as well. Assuming that they show up for the inspection and then you have to reschedule. It's a nightmare.

edit on 3Mon, 17 Jun 2024 15:31:37 -0500America/Chicago24580 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For the money they got they should have given everyone Starlink as stated above. No need for infrastructure. Why will they not? Because then the money will actually have to be spent.

Instead, they can pay 'consulting firms' and funnel money.

“The FCC is tasked with ensuring consumers everywhere have access to high-speed broadband that is reliable and affordable,” FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel said. “This applicant had failed to meet its burden to be entitled to nearly $900 million in universal service funds for almost a decade.”

FCC commissioner Brendan Carr dissented, writing that “the FCC did not require — and has never required — any other award winner to show that it met its service obligation years ahead of time.”

This is also surprising because the FCC Chairwoman has for year championed for just this thing.

Waste.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I recommend the Verizon 4G. If I search availability for 5G, it says no. The weirdness of their page locks me into a 5G loop and I can't verify my address for 4G, even though I have it already.

Nonetheless, it works awesome here.... I recommend it, especially for $35/mo a no-brainer
www.verizon.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
JOE handed the Internet program to Kamala, who's dumber than he is.

The FCC says she is even worse: gettr.com...

fyi: The FCC is one of the agencies President Trump will use to bring ABC, CBS, NBC, TO THEIR KNEES.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Where did all the money go Joe and Kamala?

gettr.com...

Our money! 😡

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Where did all the money go Joe and Kamala?

gettr.com...

Our money! 😡
What did people think was going to happen. Harris hasn’t done a damn thing she was tasked to do. She’s been a complete failure in everything she was in charge of. Maybe if we gave her another 4 years, yeah?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join