It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Has Not Connected One Person with High-Speed Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So where exactly is this area that is so remote it requires thousands of miles of fiber to be run?

Upper flyover country here, and we got fiber a few years ago on a program that was already years late. Area is still spotty and being connected.

The fiber here is ran with the above-ground power lines, so when the lights go out you also lose your Internet as a nice two-fer, even if you have backup for your modem/router.

Have relatives in the middle of a couple very Blue nearby cities and fiber isn't even an option for them.
edit on 15-6-2024 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not quite to the point of the OP but I live in a valley, it was easier for them to run fiber to the home than it is for me to get any cell signal out here. Many companies are piggybacking off of local power co-ops for infrastructure when it comes to fiber connections. May as well use what you've got in place already. Although it would be nice not to have to call via wi-fi whenever I need to reach the outside world, would work better in the event of a power outage for example.

a reply to: gb540

Not quite in flyover, but quite rural. It's a lot easier for them to run fiber out here than it was when I lived in the city a few years back. Same cost for 1 Gb fiber to the home as it was for 250 Mb cable to my place in the city.
edit on 6/15/2024 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The only "fiber" that the Biden administration is interested in is in his breakfast cereal.

FACT

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Threadbarer

I live west of fairbanks alaska, I have fiber.

when I lived in rural GA I had fiber, my dad lives in rural florida and has had fiber for a decade+, When I lived in rural oklahoma I had fiber.

So where exactly is this area that is so remote it requires thousands of miles of fiber to be run?

I live about 10 miles as the crow flies from Apple's Headquarters in Silicon Valley and I don't have fiber or 5G connection available. That's 10 miles from probably the most high-tech, most connected location on the planet.

The reason for that is that I live in the middle of a redwood forest in the Santa Cruz mountains. Although I can literally look down into Silicon Valley and see the lights of all the high tech companies at night, the level of connectivity and infrastructure in general here is about like Appalachia. Many people up here are either completely or mostly off the grid.

That's because it's not profitable for all the connectivity companies to put the infrastructure in to rugged, rural places like this for a relatively small number of users. All the places where it's relatively easy and profitable to put fiber and 5G in are already being served by the Xfinitys of the world.

The government programs are supposed to bring modern infrastructure to all the places that are NOT being served by profit making companies. Those are the places where, by definition, new infrastructure has to be planned, permitted and approved, purchased and installed. Takes time in addition to money.

TLDR... how is fiber optic not being run into the ghettos of America, where the average poor black person can't even seem to get an internet connection?

You are aware that they are in major metropolitan areas...

As told to me by the Democrat party and thus the reason behind the infrastructure bill.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Why couldn't the U.S. Develope Space Based Satilite " Charging Beams " sent down to the Surface of the Earth like a Direct TV Signal with Electric Cars having Receiving Dishes mounted on the Roofs of the Cars ? This Idea would be a Followup to Nicola Tesla's Idea of Wireless Energy Transmissions for Transport Vehicles . A Technology such as that could even Deliver Energy to remote areas of the Globe .
edit on 15-6-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Laying thousands of miles of fiber optic cable to remote areas isn't exactly something that happens overnight.

But starlink is .

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

The government programs are supposed to bring modern infrastructure to all the places that are NOT being served by profit making companies. Those are the places where, by definition, new infrastructure has to be planned, permitted and approved, purchased and installed. Takes time in addition to money.

Words yours, bolding mine.

First: solid facts. It takes time, money, and approval. I can't argue with you there.

What I think shows the pure incompetence of the progressive politicians, and quite honestly shows that they don't care, is the throwing of money with the empty promises. I believe that if nobody checked up on the progress, like this article, they wouldn't even remember the promises, bills, or money spent.

They throw this out to try and gain votes. And to try and make a class division between we the people.

What I put in bold talks about the projects being planned, permitted, and approved...my assumption would be zoning approvals.

So what I don't understand, and use as proof for my points, is the fact that nothing was planned, permitted, or approved (ppa). They just threw an idea and a couple million dollars out there.

So:

1. Without projects ppa'd, how did they come up with the dollar amount for the program? A timeframe for completion?

2. What is that money being used for?

3. Is it me, or does anybody else wonder if the situation lends itself to corruption?

It seems to me, that all dem projects are like this. Is that why nothing gets done on time and budget?

In a sane world, it would seem to me, that whatever federal agency would be heading this up, would be told ahead of time what the idea is. They task their engineers with planning it out. They put together the costs, and then that is the amount requested in the bill.

But what do I know? At my job, everything has to be laid out, costs explained, and how the overall project has a net positive outcome BEFORE I can request approval and a budget.

A line from The Pharcyde comes to mind:

If I were president....

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Unless it's killing marines, theres nothing Biden can do overnight but soil himself.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

The only thing that I can disagree with you on is that they didn't throw a couple million out there.

They threw initially 42 billion out there.

Now years later that nothing has been done with the 42 billion in terms of actually accomplishing anything (although most of that has been spent) they now need to attach more billions onto that to accomplish...

Nothing.

It is just grifting the taxpayer's dollars at this point.

edit on 100000006America/Chicago6pmSat, 15 Jun 2024 20:38:41 -050038 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Just did some reading and this was sitting in congress in 2021, fast forward to now and they still haven’t installed a damn thing, they’re still telling everyone how they’re going to use the 42 billion for HS internet, ugh. …. And people wonder why the public opinion of this administration is that it’s a joke.

I’m wondering if they’ve gotten rid of all the racist bridges and roadways yet? Seemed important to pot hole Pete awhile back. Surely they prioritized and have rebuilt the racist bridges by now, right? I mean we can’t have racist bridges can we? Funny thing is…the backstory of how the bridges became racist was a fabricated lie. Debunked by people that helped design and build them at the time. They said the reason the bridges were as low as they were was because of material cost in building them any bigger.

This administration has been a failure at everything they touch. Unbelievable. And the libtards called Trump a grifter Phttt.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Funny our replies are almost the same🤣
edit on 15-6-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   

This Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will rebuild America’s roads, bridges and rails, expand access to clean drinking water, ensure every American has access to high-speed internet, tackle the climate crisis, advance environmental justice, and invest in communities that have too often been left behind. The legislation will help ease inflationary pressures and strengthen supply chains by making long overdue improvements for our nation’s ports, airports, rail, and roads. It will drive the creation of good-paying union jobs and grow the economy sustainably and equitably so that everyone gets ahead for decades to come. Combined with the President’s Build Back Framework, it will add on average 1.5 million jobs per year for the next 10 years.

[www.whitehouse.gov...]

To be fair, the have used some of the money to put multiple roundabouts in every city and town across the nation, including towns with less than 8,000 people. The roads are still full of potholes and desperately need resurfacing, but those roundabouts are doing wonders for revinue! It gives LEO and local fire departments job security with all of the increase in accidents, and insurance companies love them!

My internet still goes through the phone company so this was one time I hoped they weren't just blowing smoke and actually had a plan that would benefit the majority. Silly me.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So, has anyone actually found out where the money went to that was allocated? Has any agency accounted for the money? Evidently they know that nobody has been benefiting by it, but is the money still there or did it disappear? What companies got the funding for it?

Lots of questions and I know that politicians do say a lot of BS to make themselves look better, my question is where has this money gone or is it just an idle Democrat promise that was never meant to do anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So, has anyone actually found out where the money went to that was allocated? Has any agency accounted for the money? Evidently they know that nobody has been benefiting by it, but is the money still there or did it disappear? What companies got the funding for it?

I looked a bit online in my state and I couldn’t find anything that said it’s been received. “Allocated” amounts, yep, saw those numbers for each state but didn’t see anything that really said received and work in progress. I believe the amounts per state were approved on Sept 2023. Maybe you can check your state?

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sw Mo. is rural. Mostly we have sketchy cell coverage for our internet. If you need more, starlink is the best option. There is fiber in the next county setup and owned by the electric coop.

My coop is different and based in Arkansas. They really don't care past the state line. Good thing I have internet at work. Some things are very difficult on a phone.

No complaints, I wouldn't move for a million bucks. But yes, I would like to see the promised money go somewhere other than a pocket.

edit on 6/15/2024 by Albone because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What's wrong with 5G

depends on where you live, i live in a draw so to speak and hardly ever get of one bar. now when i go to town i max out the bar scale.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Why couldn't the U.S. Develope Space Based Satilite " Charging Beams " sent down to the Surface of the Earth like a Direct TV Signal with Electric Cars having Receiving Dishes mounted on the Roofs of the Cars ? This Idea would be a Followup to Nicola Tesla's Idea of Wireless Energy Transmissions for Transport Vehicles . A Technology such as that could even Deliver Energy to remote areas of the Globe .

I, as a human being, would not want to be standing between an electric car and a "charging beam" with enough energy to power it.

I believe I also speak for aircraft, birds, and insects.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
a reply to: Lumenari

Funny our replies are almost the same🤣

Critical thinkers often come to the same conclusion.

Because facts and stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Look at it this way, only 7 woefully mismanaged months left. He must have hired the head of our high speed rail project for the advice on the most inefficient method of spending government money.

Any project to drag out to unnecessary lengths. The more democrat the harder the environmental study hoops are to get through. I'm sure they first have to figure out the impact of fiber optical cables on some animal no one ever heard of.

edit on 15-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I, as a human being, would not want to be standing between an electric car and a "charging beam" with enough energy to power it.

I believe I also speak for aircraft, birds, and insects.

it's All about Frequences . Light , Sound , and Electromagnetism . I would Suspect a Technology like that could have already been Created that is Enviormentally Safe . We " Peasants " have to Cry More for it I guess........*)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join