It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing problem with creating accounts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

the most recent end is a page crammed with recently added accounts, all with a "last visit" recorded as "Dec 31 1969".

That's the beginning of the "Unix Epoch." Unix/Linux timestamps indicate the number of seconds since midnight on that day. So when a new account is created, the "last visit" timestamp is "0" if they never visit.

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkepticGuy23

Has nobody got the gumption to use AI to fix the old code on this site and gain access to the back end

medium.com...@mailtodevens/embracing-ai-for-legacy-code-conversion-a-strategic-

edit on 16/6/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

It appears that no one has the access to even consider it.

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkepticGuy23

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Guess i'm not the only one with account issues. When i try to login with my 'FocusedWolf' account i get the message "There was an unrecoverable error because of improper characters" (i had just changed the password -- and now i'm locked out because of the characters in the pw... maybe backslash was the issue). When i try to recover the password i get the error "Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed". And when i email [email protected] i get no reply...
edit on 18-6-2024 by FocusedWolf23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FocusedWolf23
At least you were able to revert to your spare one (created during the October crisis, I presume). Others have not been so lucky, so they remain locked out. I never did bother to reinstate my original account, and now I won't be able to. But at least "log-in again after cookie expiry" still works, as I discovered yesterday.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTardis2

Well this sucks, I just sent a coworker over here today. I assume she will not be able to set up an account. This place has been around for eons. Hate to see it fall into disrepair.

MAybe not disrapair.. Maybe its been let happen by design.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: TheTardis2

Well this sucks, I just sent a coworker over here today. I assume she will not be able to set up an account. This place has been around for eons. Hate to see it fall into disrepair.

MAybe not disrapair.. Maybe its been let happen by design.

That's the vibe I'm getting as well...

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I had a similar theory.

Socks became too annoying to waste time with.
STMP mailer disabled on backend.
Whack-a-troll no longer an annoying consideration.

But there's a major problem with that. It requires a direct admin privilege, and its been stated ad naseum there isn't such an ability remaining. And there is no reason to doubt that...

So it's a total mystery. For now it's a glitch /lack of maintenance that solved an ongoing problem without intending to. Most likely to be a result of the latter, and lack of ongoing upkeep on the SQL stuff.

Though I totally agree, it's very easy to see intelligent design here.
edit on 18-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
it's very easy to see intelligent design here.

Pareidolia. The mailer designed to send out the "temporary" password required to log in the first time (or for those with existing accounts who require site assistance for log in) is hosed. No one who cares can fix it. No one who has access to fix it cares. If indifference and neglect is intelligent design, then ok. That's not what I'd call it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join