It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing problem with creating accounts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I noticed AI was making new accounts on June the second [snipped]

And bumping old threads , then this happens which makes me think somebody has access to the backend ?
edit on Tue Jun 11 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

And bumping old threads , then this happens which makes me think somebody has access to the backend ?

Going down that page of members, it looks as though "normal" new additions actually come to an end part-way through June 2nd. Time zones may be a factor here.
edit on 11-6-2024 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 11 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

1. We do not discuss banned members.
2. Banned members do not show up on the list of ATS members.
3. Not AI.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI2

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Going down that page of members, it looks as though "normal" new additions actually come to an end part-way through June 2nd. Time zones may be a factor here.

On a lot of CT sites it has been noticed that certain posters were being targeted 24/7 , as soon as they came online even in anon mode the abuse started because of stuff planted on their devices ? .

Covid really was a wake up call as to who was real and who was machine

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

1. We do not discuss banned members.
2. Banned members do not show up on the list of ATS members.
3. Not AI.

3. Battalion 77 with access to the good Ai

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This particular issue seems to be about what the site software is doing to everyone indiscriminately.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI2
This particular issue seems to be about what the site software is doing to everyone indiscriminately.

I think we need to send for the ghost to come calling again

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I already tried that.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: DISRAELI2

Sadly, I confirm what you described, DISRAELI2.

I attempted with a new email account and confirm that the user is created, but the password mail delivery (SMTP) fails. So, without a password, the user can never login.

Further experimentation to reset the password results in an error message indicating that the username and email don't correspond, with no way to fix the catch 22.

There have been new accounts created today, but the last page of the membership list (6535) doesn't show them. To see the very newest accounts, I had to hack the url and manually add the last page as 6536, where I see the account I created earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A scary Ghost visitation may bring ATS back to life.

Ahhh, I'm pretty sure I ran into this when I was trying to make a new account way back when people couldn't get into their old accounts. I kept getting the SMTP error and something about accounts name and email not matching when trying to log into the new account. I eventually gave up and didn't come back for a while. When things stabilized and started working again, I made this account successfully. Still can't get onto my old account, which sucks, but it is what it is, lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LandofEnchantment

I kept getting the SMTP error and something about accounts name and email not matching when trying to log into the new account.

Chat GPT says when asked what causes an SMTP error:

To address this issue, the website administrator should:

- Double-check the SMTP server settings to ensure they are accurate.
- Verify that there are no firewall or port blocking issues preventing outgoing connections.
- Ensure that the email server is functioning correctly and accessible from the website server.
- Investigate any network connectivity problems between the servers.
- Monitor the server performance to address any overload issues that may be causing connection failures.

That seems right. Alas, none with admin privileges remain.

edit on 11-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Yes. That does make sense.

The site will die as people drift away and no one new comes in.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I find it strange how ATS goes from the old owners and administrators being actively involved, to new absentee owners that seem to only care about paying for the domain when it is due. It has been one event after the next with people somehow mysteriously keeping things going by a frayed thread after every incident. I feel like a lab rat in some psychological experiment that tests the limits of what people will endure to participate here.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LandofEnchantment

That's unfortunate, LandofEnchantment. Before this latest problem reared its ugly head, you could have gotten back into your old account with some TLC from DTOM.

This time, even if the symptoms are similar, the problem is different and has more to do with the password generator/smtp mailer being broken, thus rendering impossible the completion of new registrations and the resetting of passwords of established members... both resulting in the total lockout; and even the Moderators are powerless.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LandofEnchantment
a reply to: Degradation33

Yes. That does make sense.

The site will die as people drift away and no one new comes in.

Yeah that could take a while, I mean yes we have seen a drop in numbers, but it seems to have leveled off FWIW.

Regardless this space is now like living with a semi-functional alcoholic spouse for too long, sure, you loved them, and still do, on some levels.

They get harder and harder to spend time with and have conversations with, LOL it becomes harder to trust they will be there when they have continually screwed up.

and inevitably you seek out different options.

edit on p000000306pm066 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I keep my nose clean now a days as far as the grey hat goes, trying real hard to become Gandalf the white, but I would suggest looking at POST data using tamper when creating an account or when trying to log into a lost one. To be honest, the sql use to be so bad I would guess it even had a default username password combo for root access
maybe it even still does but I doubt that. This place has been cleaned by something recently in a very obvious way. There use to be a cache d page with an old DTOM password written on it in plaintext for the smtp server, also if you put a -- before 1 in pg1 it would throw an sql error. I tried warning mods about the danger a long time ago but think I was banned for it. I would only speak to DTOM. Water under the bridge now. I believe my words were "We are all in danger" if you want the clue.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whereisdagan

PM4U

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

There have been new accounts created today, but the last page of the membership list (6535) doesn't show them.

I just checked that. I got 6538 as the last page. For the record there is currently a total of 326,867 members.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just tried making a new account myself, it did add to the total members so people are trying to start a new account. The email server component is buggered, so no passwords are getting through to the new users.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

So, in effect there are no new members.
And let me remind members again....keep those passwords safe and handy. As long as that auto email is broken, we cannot reset passwords.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
By the power invested in me as a student of history, I now officially name this event the SERRATA.

Named after the Venetian Ordinance of 1297 which closed off the Great Council to new members and turned it into an elite body. Augustus Masonicus would probably know the expression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join