It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith or Phenomenon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

Continued ...

Discordianism

Discordianism is a belief system based around Eris,[1] the Greek goddess of strife and discord, and variously defined as a religion,[2] new religious movement,[3] virtual religion,[4] or act of social commentary;[5] though prior to 2005, some sources categorized it as a parody religion.[6] It was founded after the 1963 publication of its holy book, Principia Discordia,[7] written by Greg Hill with Kerry Wendell Thornley, the two working under the pseudonyms Malaclypse the Younger and Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst.[8]

David Chidester considers Discordianism to be the first virtual religion[4] and the first to take up the challenge of establishing its religious authenticity.[9] When the Yahoo search engine categorized Discordianism as a parody religion, in May 2001 Discordians started an email campaign to get the religion reclassified.[9] It is difficult to estimate the number of Discordians because they are not required to hold Discordianism as their only belief system.[5]

According to Arthur Versluis, Discordianism "both shaped and reflects the counterculture of the 1960s and 1970s".[10]

Personal Disclosure: I am a Clinically Legally Insane Noble Demon Zombie Lord Discordian Left Hand Path Satanic Chaos Mage ok!

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

I didn't mean the NAOS "Acausal Universe." I would have used more crazy Welsh loan words.

That acausal is like dark gods named Vysol and unconscious archetypes or something.

The Order of Nine Angles are interesting though. And interesting to bring up. Their metaphysical "MSS" is somewhat similar.

I knew of them since about 2010, but really learned about them from a rapidly deteriorating friend who came across "genuine O9A People." Which amounted to him being totally mindf*cked by sinister women and turned into an 8-headed blathering jackass. Don't think his self-initiation went as planned, and he ended up with an excess of paranoid thoughtforms (tulpas). He then gave away his connection to society, and self-immolated over sky color. Not really alive inside anymore. Like one of those people picking morning glories in A Scanner Darkly. Kinda sad, though he probably earned it.

They weren't necessarily "white supremacists," so much as people that used trangressive forms as a practice of Vamachara. The Aghori version, not the theosophy version. Like politically incorrect racism is them covering themselves in graveyard ash and breaking nomian taboo. It was intended by the creator to be about using experience to learn from adversity and REJECT extremism by pushing yourself to embrace transgressive forms.

As noted by this WordPress by the creator of the form.

Featured blog is titled: Physis and Jesus of Nazareth.

But it mostly led to their adherents missing that entirely, and becomming weird followers that MUST ABSOLUTELY prove how LHP they are, to rank themselves up to numinous, and usually end up a transgressive Neo-Nazi standing trial in some UK magistrate for their "sinister deeds."

Still bigger in the UK than over here. But it strangely follows The Five Eyes Countries for what it's worth. They are everywhere, but it seemed to spread from their sinister monkey 'nexions' in the UK, USA, Canada, and Austrailia.

I'm almost certain it's origin is as a three letter psyop.

All the other stuff, except solipsism, is like an amalgam of my view on the here and beyond.
edit on 6-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

If you could witness a miracle, even a small one. How would that affect your faith?. There would need to be rules of course.

You have to see it with your own eyes.
You need to see verifiable undeniable proof that it’s real
It has to be started by the prayer of one person
It has to happen sooner than later, possibly an imposed time limit
It has to be seen by others
It has to be something that’s highly unlikely, or impossible

Those are the rules, would you accept those parameters as a miracle? Open to all.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

If prayer is part of the parameters, doesn't that mean every prayer has to yield a higly unlikely event?

Or is it like, every higly unlikely event that has no prayer to it, is just coincidence?
But then coincidence exists and the prayer linked to a higly unlikely event, could also just be a coincidence...

I like the idea that behind every unlikely event is a prayer but we just lack the meta data to assign them to their respective events. But that leaves a really bad after taste when you look at the higly unlikely events that are of a negative nature

So yeah the majority of people who pray higly unlikely events into reality are either really sick individuals or it's just coincidence...

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I think you are making this far too complicated.

Prayer, to me at least, is a method of communication between 2 or more parties, it could be simple praise, it could be a request, it could be just a way to say hi. So with that in mind it doesn’t have produce anything at all.

Yes, unlikely events happen, most are coincidences if you believe in coincidence. I don’t. I believe we don’t understand why a lot of things happen, but that isn’t much of an answer for you I think. Works for me though.

I’m talking directed prayer from 1 person to God requesting something specific, something unlikely, something that you can prove. Something you can see. A result that happens quickly. A result that originates from the prayers of I person.
People don’t pray to God for a result that is going to cause harm, it won’t work. There is another guy you can pray to for that, and some do. Prayer can have unintended consequences also, they depend on who you pray to. I understand your analytical scientific nature, I have one too. There’s meta data in what I’m talking about.

The question is stated in my previous post, would you, taking into consideration the parameters I stated, consider it miraculous in nature, and if so, how would that affect your faith? Would it give you a boost? Make you look deeper, or would it have no effect at all? Since we are discussing faith here, I believe a person that that knows the proper way to pray, who to pray to, and is sincere in his request, can do this easily. There is nothing difficult about it. Your answer is?

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I know this sounds heretical, but....

"If prayers were really answered, no plane would ever crash."

perhaps that's not a good analogy....correct me!
edit on 7-6-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I know that directed attention can yield some astonishing results but I'd be vary to trust the options given to direct your attention to.

Miracles, it's like magic.
any technology advanced enough will apear like magic, so yeah it's only a miracle because we don't understand the mechanics behind it. One day we will, and God will have to take another step back.

So yeah believe and faith is of no value if you know....

Good or bad, It's all rigged anyways, best to not play their game...

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

No problem. You have every right to question, and you should. You have to know how it all works. Not everything people pray for happens, or should happen, and for good reason. A good example is praying to win the lottery. If you win 1 billion, and in winning your life is utterly destroyed, your family hates you, your wife leaves you. Everyone is after a piece.

Was God being good to you when he answered that prayer, or did he know what would happen would make you a very rich miserable person. Would you come to blame God for that? Was that even a wise thing to ask for?

What is your answer to my initial post here? Would you accept what I said there using those parameters as a miracle? How would it affect you as a person?

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I’m not talking about technology here. The op is talking about faith. Are you afraid what I propose is possible? That I am trying to trick you somehow? Miracles are miracles, magic is magic, technology is technology. Trying to understand you.

Faith can move mountains, faith is the beginning, the next step is prayer. How good you are at this, depends on faith. If you have that, you get the result you’re looking for. Simple and easy. So I guess your saying you wouldn’t accept what I said in the first post.
edit on CDT2024p2024-06-07T13:51:03-05:00Fri, 07 Jun 2024 13:51:03 -0500pmf30 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

Edit: I know the mechanics of this, I’ve pretty much stated them for you. It’s a long proven system.
edit on CDT2024p2024-06-07T13:59:05-05:00Fri, 07 Jun 2024 13:59:05 -0500pmf30 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Was God being good to you

I don't want to sound critical of your theology. Mine happens to be a bit different..... I don't anthropomorphize GOD like mainstreamed doctrine.

edit on 7-6-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Religions have no monopoly on "miracles". I mean they sure tried and convinced many but reality is still a continuous miracle we all create.
Like I said directed attention, you might know it as prayer, does yeald astonishing results but I can't consider it a miracle because i know how it works...

Sorry I don't need the religiously stained vocabulary, their techniques are flawed as they put an intermediary.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You know how it works? Could you demonstrate it if you had to ? following those parameters? Except for the prayer part that is. You can call that directed attention if you wish. It still has to start with you. Should be pretty easy for a metaphysical type like you. My original point was more to show the power of faith and prayer.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   
88 Lines About 44 Women.
edit on 6/7/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Then it would seem you don’t believe that God came to us as a man. In my theology at least that’s what happened. Not trying to be critical, Just trying to get on the same page with you. How people come to their faith and keep it alive, or loose it for that matter, is interesting to me. Everyone starts somewhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

Then it would seem you don’t believe that God came to us as a man. In my theology at least that’s what happened. Not trying to be critical, Just trying to get on the same page with you. How people come to their faith and keep it alive, or loose it for that matter, is interesting to me. Everyone starts somewhere.

I started out as a dry land Texas Southern Baptist where I realized Religion in general is a control mechanism based on guilt and fear. To me it didn't seem a proper way toward any kind of salvation; thru intimidation.

I explored my spirituality thru many types esoteric teachings and practices... I'm comfortable with my theology and I don't proselytize,
like seems to be the current trend here on ATS.

edit on 7-6-2024 by lilzazz because: i wanted to

top topics

<< 1   >>

join