It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Goes To Prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That must be worrying for the authorities that a better diet will give him a thinner frame, and the bronzer will allow him to slip through the bars to freedom!!

Also without the hair products he may end up looking more like this....

edit on 5-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

that's not him?

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Kurokage

that's not him?

It might be his new hair style if Trump can't take his hair products into jail with him....

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

I would have agreed before the guilty verdict...now not so much.

If he goes to prison or doesn't, I think the left is going to protect him. They saw how many people saw through the mock trial.

If he is killed, the public will see through that and go loco.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
accidental double post

edit on 6/5/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: accidental double post

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I feel very strongly with Democrats putting forth a bill
to remove Trump's secret service protection
that if put in jail,
Trump WILL be Arkencided or Epsteined by the Democrats.

They want him gone, no matter what it takes, NO MATTER WHAT they have to do to make it happen.

I feel the DOJ would look the other way and confirm official reports that Trump either committed suicide (Epstein like) or died of natural causes (Arkencided).

It seems the Democrats really badly want a civil war
and intend to start it by any means possible
so they can seize control of the nation using emergency powers,
and turn the US into a Chinese style single party nation.
They are telling everyone the only way to save the nation
is to only vote for Democrats and no one else,
so they can have total and complete control, totalitarianism.

Arkenciding or Epsteining Trump would very likely, and terrifyingly, start a civil war.

Democrats have gone off the deep end with liberalism,
encouraging children to become transgender,
saying biological men can compete in women's sports,
encouraging the acceptance of every form of sexual perversion.
Why?
To keep the populace distracted from liberals and Democrats desire to :
control what US citizens can and can not purchase;
control what US citizens can say or think:
control what US citizens eat and drink -
all for the good of US citizens liberals are positive
are too dumb to know what is best for themselves.

edit on 6/5/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: format

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: charlest2
If Trump goes to prison, many think he will be assassinated there but I'm not so sure about that. I think his safest place there would be amongst the general population. I think he could take his showers in the communal showers and not be molested.

I think the other prisoners would welcome him to the neighborhood with the same cheers and enthusiasm he receives in public. I think they would surround him with a wall of invincibility that no one person could penetrate.

If any attempt were to be made against him, I think the other inmates would kill to protect him.

Stupid Democrats!

If Trump goes to prison or jail, the Secret Service will go with him. He will be safe, but probably won't have his Cheeto face paint, elaborate combover hair-do, or Big Macs.

If the Democrats have their way the secret service WILL NOT go with him.

They are right now trying to pass a bill to take away Trumps secret service protection.
nypost.com...
democrats-homeland.house.gov... ted-felons-sentenced-to-prison

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
NYCity will build a new Spandau Prison 💀

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

You're giving insanity more credit for rational thinking than I would.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

If Trump goes to prison, many think he will be assassinated there but I'm not so sure about that. I think his safest place there would be amongst the general population. I think he could take his showers in the communal showers and not be molested.

I think the other prisoners would welcome him to the neighborhood with the same cheers and enthusiasm he receives in public. I think they would surround him with a wall of invincibility that no one person could penetrate.

If any attempt were to be made against him, I think the other inmates would kill to protect him.

Stupid Democrats!

If Trump goes to prison or jail, the Secret Service will go with him. He will be safe, but probably won't have his Cheeto face paint, elaborate combover hair-do, or Big Macs.

If he gets Secret Service, which he will, he should also get Big Macs and ketchup packets.

We spend money on worse things than that as a country. And even more is stolen.

Just get the man all the hamberders he wants.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

a reply to: charlest2

If Trump doesn't go to prison, then what was the entire thing for? I mean, other than to be able to call him a convicted felon. Having a trial, making a jury deal with weeks of boring garbage, paying all the lawyers, and in the end, they do nothing? Put him in jail. Riker's Island. He can be Weisselberg's cell mate. And he can have his new AG pick him up from prison on Jan 20.

I will repeat once again that I am not a lawyer, but my hunch is he will probably be sentenced in a manner that is commensurate with the way Michael Cohen was treated.

Recall that one of the crimes that Cohen pleaded guilty to in 2018 was federal campaign finance violation in collaboration with Individual-1 who we now know was Donald Trump. Bill Barr blocked taking any federal action against Individual-1 as long as Individual-1 was the POTUS and effectively did the same with NY State by telling them to stand down from taking any action as long as the DOJ had an interest in the case. After Jan. 2021, the DOJ told the State of NY that they no longer had an interest in the case, and that's when NY picked it up and started running with it. The essence of their case is that Trump violated NY State laws on election interference at the same time that Cohen violated the federal laws.

Cohen was charged under and pleaded guilty to 3 different federal laws, of which campaign finance violation was one. So you could argue that the minimum sentence that Cohen got for conspiring with Trump to interfere in the 2016 election was 1 year.

But Cohen took a plea bargain, admitted his guilt, and showed remorse. All of those things motivate the judge to show clemency during sentencing, and all of those things are basically impossible for Trump to do, because of his Narcissistic Personality. So I don't think the judge will be motivated to show exceptional clemency in the sentencing.

On the other hand, he can't go overboard and give a sentence wildly outside the guidelines. For one thing, it would probably be overturned on appeal.

One factor that the judge is supposed to take into account is the deterrence effect of the sentence. Because election interference in 2016 was the point of the conspiracy between Cohen and Trump and there is another election coming up in 5 months, it could be argued--and probably will be argued by Bragg--that Trump needs to be deterred from doing it again. The maximum fine under NY law is $5,000 per offense, so a total of $170,000. Given Trump's wealth and the willingness of his cult followers to sign over their welfare checks to his legal defense to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, a simple fine won't provide much deterrence.

So I predict he will get some kind of limitation on his freedom in addition to a fine--that's called a custodial sentence. That's also what happened to Cohen, who was also a first time offender.

The max custodial sentence under NY law for each of Trump's 34 felonies is 4 years, each. If they were all served sequentially, that would be 134 years, so that's not going to happen. I think that whatever the sentence is, all 34 counts will be served concurrently.

Again, if you look at the federal campaign finance law as a reference, the minimum sentencing guidelines are zero to 6 months, but that goes up automatically for aggravating circumstances. For example, if the total amount of money involved in the election interference is above $25,000 and/or if there were 30 or more individual violations. Both of those conditions apply to Trump, of course.

So my prediction is that he will receive some kind of custodial sentence in addition to the maximum fine available. I can't see the sentence as being more than 4 years or less than 2 years. Just like Cohen, there would probably be no justification for serving the time in Rikers or Sing Sing, so I could possibly see one of those minimum security country club-type confinements like Cohen got where it would be easier for the Secret Service to watch over things.

I think how the security issue gets handled could be the deciding factor. If you put the former POTUS into a general prisoner population--even if it is one of those country clubs--he would still be surrounded by other white collar criminals all the time and that could be a security risk the Secret Service can't deal with. The only way to prevent the risk from other prisoners would be to put him in solitary confinement and that would also probably be overturned on appeal.

I'm thinking home confinement with an ankle bracelet.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Killing him was a far simpler and more resolute solution than breaking him out and risking the possibility of having him recognized somewhere out in the public somewhere around the world. He was definitely highly recognisable and I don't think he would have been satisfied with being exiled to some desert island.

No, he's dead!

Some people think that Bill Hicks has been able to hide in plane sight as Alex Jones.

I've seen a few gentlemen who look like Epstein with a little work, but that alone doesn't mean or prove anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

If Trump doesn't go to prison, then what was the entire thing for?

It's called political lawfare that was engineered to interfere with a Presidential election. Damage has already been done, but also seems to have backfired.

The insane Democrats really don’t think things through.

That’s what making decisions based on hurt feelz does to you.
Plus the Democrats are always short on real facts, so that plays a part as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Not rational thinking, just not wanting to lose more voters.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Thank you for that insightful, well thoughtout lecture. I had a criminal law professor who you remind me of in college.

He also told me to question everything he said so we could discuss and learn the real truth. Then he always disappeared right after lectures.

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Excellent analysis, thank you.

Just thinking out loud, but, how about this scenario:

Expecting to receive a prison sentence (because he knows the "conflicted and biased" judge would never be satisfied with just probation or house arrest!), and fearing, as many on this thread seem to Expect, that once incarcerated, he would be at real risk of death (by "suicide" or outright murder), Trump makes a quick, unannounced, visit to the Russian Embassy/consulate in New York city.

Once on what is recognized as Russian territory, Trump requests asylum on the basis of "political persecution" by his home country. Since Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the US, he could safely remain "free" (all be it under a form of self-imposed house arrest since he would have to remain in the Embassy), and, more importantly, Alive!

I would be willing to bet that the Russian government would even go so far as to bend over backwards to provide Trump with any and all the media resources he could ask for in order to continue his Presidential campaign from the Embassy.

Just think of the ratings!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join