It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Trans Day of Visibility ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19
I thought June is trans month or something like that idk they make up too many of these we don't need a day for every thing in existance

Fox news just brought this up moments ago. Discussing Biden's proclamation of that holiday, they counted up the days of the calendar that are designated to some lgbq etc... holiday, rememberence etc... and it is actually over half the year according to official USA government calenders.

Should we all consider changing to get more holidays off?

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: KKLOCO

We should have white male fragile ego day too. To commemorate all the whiney butt hurt white men out there.

The point is, those of us that positively contribute to society, don’t get an ‘appreciation day’. However, We don’t need one. We don’t need others gratifications. We are bulls and get sh!t done because we have to - and feel a moral obligation to contribute to society.

Transgenders encompass less than 1% of society. Yet, we are having their lifestyle crammed down our throats - and PARTICULARLY our children’s throats nonstop.

This has to stop! I have no issues with people that are transgender. I DO have an issue with it being pushed on our impressionable children.

If we had a ‘Truman Show’ on every transgender persons — I think we’d see that there was massive sexual abuse that produced around 90% of it…. So then I’ll say it again - this is an appreciation day of mental illness…..
edit on 1-4-2024 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Its not an official day or holiday, it's just a made up day for them to spew their insecurities on everyone else. That's my honest opinion, I accept them, I don't deny they exist, andni respect their decisions, but that's how it comes across.

Moving on from my "transphobic" comment, "everyone else", has official holidays and gets paid for them if they have a job. Actual days off. I juat find it rather funny how reactionary some members of society get when these little fun "national day of ___" get.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAlternateOpinion
Happy T.D.O.V !!

To all the transgender and transsexual folks out there, I see you.

Happy T.D.O.V day to you too.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I propose we have a 'Who gives a # about all this divisive bollocks, lets go to the pub and have a laugh' day.
It'd be far more therapeutic and beneficial to society than all this 'oh, we're oh so special' asinine nonsense.

Or how about a 'I'm just #ing pleased I woke up to another day and I'm going to celebrate being alive' day.

We all have # to deal with.
Just get on with it and make the best you can.....no-one is special whilst at the same time each and every one of us is special.

Hopefully that's my moan for the day out the way.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: BukkaWukka

I was referring to the pagen celebration taken over by the Christians and relabeled as Easter. Funny how the rabbit and eggs don't give it away for most people.

As was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, Jesus was not born on Christmas and was not reserected on Easter. Those dates were chosen by the church. Those are both pagen holidays taken over by Christians.

Rabbits don't lay eggs, even pagans know that.

edit on 2024-04-03T18:14:45-05:0006Wed, 03 Apr 2024 18:14:45 -050004pm00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I second the motion.

I'm stuck at home so I'll kick back with a tasty beverage and watch Shawn of the Dead.

Fortunately we have a well armed Zombie Outbreak Division locally so it's pretty quiet around here offline.

I'll be with ya in spirit.

SALUT!

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ok I'm sure you are educated enough being from Aotearoa to know that, rabbits breed like wild fire, hence being a symbol of fertility. And I'm sure you know that eggs are also a symbol of fertility too. I'm sure you also know that jesus was not a white man as portrayed by Christianity. Perhaps you need to reduce yourself. Or perhaps you believe like the eftpostle Brian Tamaki that the gays caused the Christchurch earthquakes.
a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster1
Ok I'm sure you are educated enough being from Aotearoa to know that, rabbits breed like wild fire, hence being a symbol of fertility. And I'm sure you know that eggs are also a symbol of fertility too.

Not disagreeing with you so far.

I'm sure you also know that jesus was not a white man as portrayed by Christianity.

He was quite semitic, a descendent of the line of King David on both his mothers and fathers side, although those lines also included non-Jewish members from the likes of Rahab (a non-Jewish Canaanite) and Ruth (a Moabite).

Perhaps you need to reduce yourself.

I'd like to loose a little weight.

Or perhaps you believe like the eftpostle

Hah, I see what you did there; EFTPOS

Cha-ching... praise the profits!

Brian Tamaki that the gays caused the Christchurch earthquakes.

Brian Tamaki is a cult leader and a far-right wannabe politician.

I wouldn't regard him as representative of Christianity in any way.

edit on 2024-04-04T01:36:03-05:0001Thu, 04 Apr 2024 01:36:03 -050004am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I did mean to write re-educate your self, but auto correct got the better of me, my apologies for saying reduce yourself. And yes B Tamaki is evil piece of #, who likes to dress up in leather and play at being badass.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm a libertarian. What others do that doesn't infringe on the rights of another simply isn't my business. To me, that's what America is supposed to be.

Also, Easter doesn't always fall on the same day every year, so it's pretty obvious this is being politicized into being more than it is. Papaw said something with really bad timing. Are ya really surprised? Stop electing people over 75. Biden and Trump both aren't mentally fit to run the free world, and it pisses me off that TPTB have such a choke-hold on the electoral system that no other candidate is allowed than the ones they approve.

I'm more worried about the very real looming threat of WW3 than I am this kind of back and forth. Humanity is hanging in the balance, and we just want to fight with each other about things that don't really matter in the end. When the world is a nuclear wasteland, are we going to even remember this #?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join