It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Legal Analyst Calls for 'Common Sense" Speech Restrictions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Any time someone asks me "how do you know you are on the right side " I say I know I am because I am not the one calling for censoring people and limiting free speech.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Ok...so unelected man can dictate US foreign policy ....yeeh right. Trump is not even officially Republican candidate yet .

Was the founding fathers of United States idea to have one man steering US foreign policy outside U.S. Congress/senate as Trump is not elected to U.S. Congress/senate and policy that is total opposite of elected US president .

Sounds quite interesting , i fail to see democracy in it thought .

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Agree, i wish the non- extremes were more powerfull entity in US politics ,Centrism or deologically intermediate position would at least try to avoid the strong division ,which the leads to this current situation where even important decisions are getting torpedoed in Congress .

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's good to see so many people here against these restrictions but I just noticed something everyone should be aware of...

At the same time some people were posting that this comment was nonsense, literally two minutes later they were on another thread supporting speech restrictions against people they disagreed with.

Keep that in mind....

It's easy to classify something as obscene or intimidation when you don't agree with but see it as a protest when you do agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Ok...so unelected man can dictate US foreign policy ....yeeh right. Trump is not even officially Republican candidate yet .

Again ... BOTH PARTIES look to whoever is, or was, the highest elected official of their party for leadership. With the Republicans, it's Donald Trump. The Democrats did the same thing when Trump was president, looking at Obama as their leadership. The former presidents don't 'dictate US foreign policy' .... they provide leadership to their parties as to what direction they think would be best.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

It's a difficult position, to be sure, but average hardworking folks and folks who contribute positively to the overall landscape of the American Dynamic should not be going without food and shelter and the enssecities of life in favor of the nonsense that is coopting the digital landscape.

Not everyone is a computer whiz or self promotion genius, so of us continue to work in fields or in selfless service and we shoudl not be forsaken to cater to radical extremists who simply stir the pot and psycho-social landscape for their own amusement, entertainment and spreading of such banter.

Some one has to do the actual flesh and blood work out there.

edit on 3/1/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am a field worker for some engineers. I am outside ten hours everyday. I so enjoy it more than the crappy customer service job I had before. Outdoors is where its at!

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeeh true , it`s difficult times , with extra stress ...added fear and all ,and many working long days at work. I noticed same trend in Canada, at least in twitter...people complain they rising cost of everything etc.

The Rise of Partisanship in the U.S. House of Representatives , a trend ....i noticed that even thought i dont find most recent infograph , i assume it`s getting worse recent years , or i assume it is.

The Rise of Partisanship in the U.S. House of Representatives

The Rise of Partisanship in the U.S. House of Representatives

The change from earlyer decades, the trend....it`s not good sign , that applys to any other country too if similar happens as the gore duty to congress or parliament is to take care country, manage it. Political polarization , when too much start cause issues one way or another in the long term .

If the supervising board of big corporations is just divided and angry all the time, it most likely wont end good.

Not pretending i know the fix , just making observation ....

edit on 1-3-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27317306]Kenzo[/post Interesting graph, wish they had an updated one with more historical data as well as more current. I agree, I'm not going to pretend to know what would be the best path forward or if the extra data would help.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: some_stupid_name

I coul not find newer graph , there migh be one thought...i keep looking .

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KenzoI couldn't find one either.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This is 2022 , different type layout graph , but similar trend ...

The polarization in today’s Congress has roots that go back decades

What it will like 10 years from now if the same trend continues.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

and yet you people want to install openly authoritarian person as president ...

Define "you people" please.

That's a rhetorical question - don't bother answering.

If you're unsure of what "rhetorical" is, Google and a dictionary are your friends.

edit on 3/1/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I honestly did not mean it as insult or as negative expression . my apologies .

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   

a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I honestly did not mean it as insult or as negative expression . my apologies .

All good.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   

This is 2022 , different type layout graph , but similar trend ...

The polarization in today’s Congress has roots that go back decades

What it will like 10 years from now if the same trend continues.

this is a graphical representation of what I have been saying. Newton's third law. Equal and opposite reaction. When one side veers off into Clown world, the other will go in the other direction, hard. Extreme's are not good, no matter who's doing it. And as you can see by the timeline, this isn't about Trump, this is about a mindset and a plan, and it's been going on for a while.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If i understand the polarization started before Trump was even a candidate 2016 , but accelerated then again during Trump presidency ,and after it .

From another article i read yesterday , the year with most consensus between DEM/REP was about 1942 ....

Edit: i remember it wrong, it was actually before 1943 ...as the graph shows

Polarization , Democracy, and Political Violence in the United States: What the Research Says

Anyway....just fire whole Congress ....they are all who work all day to get nation more divided

edit on 2-3-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Anyway....just fire whole Congress ....

We need term limits on congress.
And an age restriction.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:30 AM
link   

We need to have a conversation and common-sense solutions to these things,” she said. “Instead, we throw out terms like ‘censorship,’ call each other names, use labels and retreat to our opposite sides. We need to be pragmatic and come up with real solutions.”

She sounds reasonable to me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join