It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix is here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Assuming that most of us have seen the movie "The Matrix" so I won't go into what it's about. AI has made some incredible advancements in the last few months. We now have the ability to create AI created videos based on text inputs.

Let's start with the first iteration of this ability. If you get freaked out by weird things, it might be a good idea to skip this first video, just a warning.

That video has some obvious issues, almost down right scary at times. Where are we now? OpenAI has upped their game and released the current capability of their newest language model, Sora.

If you scroll down to the second set of videos and watch 3/8, I would contend that the human eye is one of the most difficult features to generate and it does it flawlessly. Take a peek.

OpenAI Sora

So what's the point of this thread, I have a feeling, very close in our future, we won't be able to distinguish fake from reality. I think everything is going to be AI generated. Movies, TV shows, mundane news broadcasts, presidential speeches, war coverage and other forms of propaganda. With Elon Musk trialing brain implants, what if this was piped directly into our brains? If this is happening now, who's to say we aren't already NPC's in some sort of matrix?

For good measure The Why Files did an episode a while back on this type of reality. With how fast we are advancing with this technology, a silly idea from a few months ago actually sounds feasible now.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can’t stop thinking about a Simulation.

Why would we work every day for forty years.

Just to be too old to enjoy it.

Yet, we happily walk off to work.

At least five days a week.

Why do we accept this ?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Why would we work every day for forty years.

Just to be too old to enjoy it.

Yet, we happily walk off to work.

At least five days a week.

Why do we accept this ?

The only thing I can think of is there is something to learn here. This theory encompasses many different religions as well as the simulation theory. Reincarnation is one of those religious beliefs.

Or maybe our base reality self is just playing a game, for entertainment.

Who knows, it's just really interesting to think about.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Also on a side note, there are some people that really enjoy their jobs so it's not work to them. Myself included.

If you really hate what you do, you can change it, sorta like your own personal simulation

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MauiWaui

Discerning Minds will Always have the Intuitive Sense to Recognize Fact from Fiction . Others will be without a Clue . c'est la vie ...

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Discerning Minds will Always have the Intuitive Sense to Recognize Fact from Fiction . Others will be without a Clue . c'est la vie ...

Intuition is very fascinating, on several levels of how we percieve time. Your intuition can be applied instantly when you're in danger and it can be applied over vast periods of time in how you live your day to day life.

I think this is connected, some people are better/more experienced in this simulation than others. There was a term my grandma used that I haven't heard in a long time, an "old soul." Meaning someone that's been through the process many times. This also backs up the simulation theory, when you die in a game you start over but you retain some information that you learned.

All of this is so fascinating to think about.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is fascinating…

edit on 16-2-2024 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Watching a few minutes.

Thank you for the added content. I'll respond after I watch!

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Morpheus was a Dick to only offer a choice of two pills to Neo because he only used two hands even though he was in a world of anything.

A green pill added to the mix would make the three primary colours and in light (transparent pills weren't they?), they make WHITE LIGHT. Knowing this, there is no pill necessary for smart folks as it becomes ultimately metaphorical regardless of the fantasy or reality of a situation. So NEO was a Dick too but that was how he was presented to begin with.

Don't follow the WHITE rabbit. Wonderland is THE SELF, an ORIGIN ("O") with a perspective inward and outward represented with a single line crossing it's circumefrence....and we know which letter that is don't we which is why the most important and revered females in the world are called Queens.

The HIVE must survive!

17 is a magic letter because 1 + 7 = 8 and 8 is infinity.

lol

Sidenote...anyone else notice that the new "X" logo for twitter is made up of a mirrored "Q"?
edit on 16/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Swop "Simulation" for "Manifestation".

Choice can come before Obligation.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The Mandela Effect is near and dear to me. I was a stock boy at a grocery store in the 90's. It was Depends, that was one of my aisles I stocked every single day after school. I remember the S, I can picture it clear as day. Also, why were so many people buying depends in my area.

The other stuff from the video is way over my pay grade, fun to watch though so thanks!

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MauiWaui

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Intuition is very fascinating, on several levels of how we percieve time. Your intuition can be applied instantly when you're in danger and it can be applied over vast periods of time in how you live your day to day life.

I think this is connected, some people are better/more experienced in this simulation than others. There was a term my grandma used that I haven't heard in a long time, an "old soul." Meaning someone that's been through the process many times. This also backs up the simulation theory, when you die in a game you start over but you retain some information that you learned.

All of this is so fascinating to think about.

Yes , this Reminds me of a Time when my Intuition Failed me or I Failed it when it came to a Personal Relationship I had some time ago...(Sniffles ) ......(

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sorry to hear that my friend. It's always darkest before dawn. I know that's cliche but it holds water.

The biggest thing to worry about is when you find your princess or knight in shining armor that you realize it. That's what I would be more concerned about if I were you.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MauiWaui
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sorry to hear that my friend. It's always darkest before dawn. I know that's cliche but it holds water.

The biggest thing to worry about is when you find your princess or knight in shining armor that you realize it. That's what I would be more concerned about if I were you.

That was Many Moons Ago my friend , I Got Over it . Life Moves on.....

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
To every action there will be a reaction. Serious/independent journalists will ask make their cameraman go back to good old film.
Some programmers will come up with something that can tell real apart from AI.

We will change our gullibility to non belief and stick to the old adage that if we haven't seen in personally we won't believe it.

The internet, nor TV are the world. If you unplug and don't look at them, you aren't lesser, you will be like humans have been since our emergence, bar a few years with AI.
You will be normal, back to how it always was.

The only suckers are those who keep watching and believing what they see second hand.

The worst thing that can happen is that TV and internet lose their hold or die or become just a playground of fake entertainment.

Oh noes. 🤯

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Don't know if you saw the ad with David and Victoria Beckham and Swimmer and Anniston but if you look closely at David and Victoria, they look to be AI generated! To me anyway..

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I hope people are getting better at distinguishing lies from actuality. I know I am.

That would be my idea of “the singularity” when the lies are revealed for what they are.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

not everyone does that

i haven't had a job in years and years

i'm collage educated and i travel regularly

maybe you're a NPC. just kidding.

the matrix is feeling the need to work for 40 years running your self into an early grave/

I believe you have more value than a 9-5.

i was blessed with a family that affords me the luxuries of not worrying about debt or money, but i know its not MY money.

call it a cheat code

if its a simulation why wouldnt everyone start from the same point like in a video game, if you take my life experience and compare it to a poor kid in India it seems if it were a simulation the fact different people start level 1 where others have cheat codes.

seems like it would mess with the simulations statistics

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The matrix is Binary, and is made up of Ones and Zeroes. Hence, the red and blue pill.

I have noticed with startling regularity that if you talk to someone let’s say at a grocery store, that it is similar to the drop down dialog boxes in a video game. They have one of maybe 4 responses possible, or you have one of 4 acceptable answers to give.

Which is why when I don’t offer those simple responses and go off on a tangent about how ridiculous this simulation is, it brings everything to a halt.

I have done that a few times, and in each instance, suddenly the register or the credit card scanner stops working the way it should.

Which tells me that I live in one of the dumbest sims called “Minnesota Life Don’tcha Know.”a reply to: nerbot

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

edit on 2/17/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join