It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 year old woman who spent 60 years volunteering fired for asking what pronouns meant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There’s always more than one side to a story.

Are you kidding? What 'other side' could there possibly be? A very generous wonderful 90 year old women, who has volunteered for decades and decades just fine, couldn't understand something and said so. So she got kicked out of volunteering when she has never had any problems and even has been honored before at the White House.

Why did this go to the media?

You want woke DEI nonsense to be swept under the rug ... the 90 year old woman volunteer be damned??

It's a very good thing that this is in the media. People need to talk about the bad side of this woke DEI nonsense. That's how things improve ... shining a light on the bad and people talking about it and doing something about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoiceofReality

originally posted by: Moon68

a reply to: trollz

Agree with you 100%. However, you've chosen the worst of the worst examples to bring forward to gain sympathy for those that hate on pronouns. Doing this to a 90 year old volunteer.....completely unacceptable. Average people doing this everyday to try and make fun of folks for using different gender pronouns.....completely unacceptable.

So, it's bad form to make fun of the mentally ill no matter your age. I'll agree with that with the caveat, if said retards insist upon reeeing that everyone support, codify and reinforce their delusions, they then deserve to be mocked.

That right there is part of the problem. You saying that because somenoe chooses to use different pronouns based on their preferred gender, they deserve to be called names and called mentally ill.

And they wonder why the right is constantly labelled as intolerant.

That's because objective reality determines that they are.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Baited question.

Nor interested.

Your evasive response is entirely typical of people who push the idea that men can be women and vice versa.
Let me make this easier for you:
A man is an adult male. A male is a person who has male sex organs.
A woman is an adult female. A female is a person who has female sex organs.
Now, you may be tempted to come back and say "A man is a person who identifies as a man/male" and "A woman is a person who identifies as a woman/female".

Here's the million dollar question: If a person is biologically a woman but they "identify" as a man, then being a "man" isn't dependent on their biological makeup - so then, when a biological woman "identifies" as a "man", what is it they're "identifying" as - what makes them a man?
The following reasoning then tends to be something along the lines of "Male and female are genders and gender is a social construct, so anyone can be a man or a woman".

So - if "man" and "woman" are "social constructs" - what makes someone a man or a woman? Surely you won't say "Well, if you wear a bra and a skirt and stay home to clean and make dinner, then you qualify as a woman". You won't say "Well, if you act assertively and work long hours and pee standing up, then you qualify as a man". No, because then you'd be saying that being a man means acting like a man, and being a woman means acting like a woman, and surely you won't put entire genders into "gender roles" now, would you? You might instead think to say something like "It's how you feel internally - some people just know they're male or female".

So then, what is it that a person is "feeling" that makes them a man or a woman?

Any response you try to use to evade answering the question just brings you back to the question itself and points out the obvious ridiculousness of trying to deny that men are biological male humans and women are biological female humans. Arguing for anything otherwise is akin to claiming the Earth is flat.

You said you understand all of it, so go ahead, teach us.
edit on 2/16/2024 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If there was I am sure they would release that to show she called someone a slur or something else.

No. They just wanted the old white lady gone. Sad.

Now, if this was a 90 year old black volunteer there would be a press conference on the White House lawn with Benjamin Crump.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VoiceofReality

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness.....

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That's sex not gender. Grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of the 2 words. My guess is you'll learn something.

So... I can be a female man? Or a male woman? How does that work exactly?
Are you saying that sex is your biological makeup, but gender is how you act and feel?
Please do explain to me how women act and feel that makes them different from men.
Be careful not to spread misogynistic sexism though. I'll be keeping my eyes open for any trace of that bigoted intolerance.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

I'm sorry you are uneducated and unable to utilize proper English language, let me offer you some help directly from a dictionary:

Sex refers to “the different biological and physiological characteristics of males and females, such as reproductive organs, chromosomes, hormones, etc.”

Gender refers to "the socially constructed characteristics of women and men – such as norms, roles and relationships of and between groups of women and men.

See the difference? If you need a different source let me know, I'll keep pasting until you understand.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Actually it's the left that is intolerant.
They are just too damn smug to see it ... or to care.

link   

ive just never understood how you can say you feel like a man if you have never been a biological male
and how you can say you feel like a woman if you have never been a biological woman
and have never experienced the other to gain that understanding based on your feelings
maybe im not explaining it properly but every human can explain how they feel as a human
but only women can explain what it feels like to be a female and only men can explain what it feels like to be a male

at least that Is what I think
maybe im just ignorant of it all

link   

originally posted by: trollz

That's sex not gender. Grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of the 2 words. My guess is you'll learn something.

Are you saying that sex is your biological makeup, but gender is how you act and feel?
Please do explain to me how women act and feel that makes them different from men.
Be careful not to spread misogynistic sexism though. I'll be keeping my eyes open for any trace of that bigoted intolerance.

Man I just quoted the dictionary for another guy.

"a clear delineation between sex and gender is typically prescribed, with sex as the preferred term for biological forms, and gender limited to its meanings involving behavioral, cultural, and psychological traits. In this dichotomy, the terms male and female relate only to biological forms (sex), while the terms masculine/masculinity, feminine/femininity, woman/girl, and man/boy relate only to psychological and sociocultural traits (gender)."

Folks are using the words wrong. I'm not here to educate. Grab the rule book (dictionary) and look it up yourself.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Learned something. . .

gen·der
[ˈjendər]
NOUN
the male sex or the female sex, especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones, or one of a range of other identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female:

So if you IGNORE biology, science, then yes, there are many "gender identities".

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"associated with one sex"

They are linked buddy boy, someone with a penis is a not a woman.

Objective reality must boggle your mind

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Gender refers to "the socially constructed characteristics of women and men – such as norms, roles and relationships of and between groups of women and men..

Nova oratio
Some far left ideology seeped into that.
It wasn't always what gender referred to.
Still isn't for most of the planet.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Actually it's the left that is intolerant.
They are just too damn smug to see it ... or to care.

Read this thread from start to finish. Note which side is EXTREMELY intolerant to folks are of alternate genders, and even the mere definition of the word gender, then come back and try and convince me that it's the left that are intolerant.....lol

I'm open minded and if you can present evdience to me, I follow facts, science and reality. However most posters in this thread will not prove that the right is accepting and tolerant of others. At all.
edit on 16-2-2024 by VoiceofReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Don't need to understand the bs you are peddling

If you had bothered to read what I was replying to, you would have noticed it says nothing about sex vs gender.

Try again bud

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Man I just quoted the dictionary for another guy.

"a clear delineation between sex and gender is typically prescribed, with sex as the preferred term for biological forms, and gender limited to its meanings involving behavioral, cultural, and psychological traits. In this dichotomy, the terms male and female relate only to biological forms (sex), while the terms masculine/masculinity, feminine/femininity, woman/girl, and man/boy relate only to psychological and sociocultural traits (gender)."

Folks are using the words wrong. I'm not here to educate. Grab the rule book (dictionary) and look it up yourself.

Did you just assume someones gender?

link   
When a leftist says they aren't intolerant, ask them how many MAGA friends they have.

link   
a reply to: Moon68

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This statement right here, is extreme intolerance, and pretty much proves the intolerance of those on the right. What gender you choose to identify as is not a mental illness, as much as you want to believe it is and your echo chamber tells you to say that.

It has nothing to do with you. Mind your business, respect other's rights and stop trying to tell me the right is tolerant. This whole thread literally proves otherwise. Folks on here are arguing with science and established definition of words.
edit on 16-2-2024 by VoiceofReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

SCIENCE?

XX, XY

Girl, boy.

/discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join