It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Constitution Is a Contract, And It Has Been Broken

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Some here are debating "what happens after the border is violated" instead of the Federal Governments failure to prevent the crossings in first place which can demonstrably be shown to be it's constitutional mandate.

It's that failure which allows Texas to take action at the border.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

edit on 2/2/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
64 Times The Biden Administration Intentionally Undermined Border Security

... all in an effort to turn Texas blue, I'm sure.

This is an invasion and it's being HELPED by the federal government.
Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution Contract has been broken.

edit on 2/2/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
52 Texas Counties have declared INVASION.
The contract is broken.

Another Texas county Declares Invasion Bringing Total to 52

52nd Texas county, Guadalupe County, has declared an invasion at the southern border.

The county joins 51 others that declared an invasion, have expressed support for border counties, for Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and his border security mission, Operation Lone Star.

More counties are declaring an invasion after Kinney, Goliad and Terrell counties were the first to do so in July 2022. Several others are expected to soon follow, The Center Square has learned.

The judge and commissioners of Guadalupe County, part of the San Antonio metropolitan statistical area, signed a resolution Tuesday (Jan. 30) “supporting measures to secure the border and repel the invasion at the border in order to protect our communities.”

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: JinMI
When you allow one branch of gov't to violate established law, where else does it take you?

Do tell?

I'm still waiting for the laws being violated. I mean we know the law you cited for individuals but those don't apply to gov't entities.

Can you cite those?

8 U.S.C.
www.govinfo.gov...

IDGAF how they package it, it's an invasion! A permissive invasion orchestrated by captured and compromised offices and agencies all working together and in support of destroying the US.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
honestly im surprised the president is being so restrained about this, im wondering why he hasn't federalized the national guard and forcibly removed the razor wire.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Does not have the balls.

Plain and simple.

I remember stories of college campuses being matched on by Nat Guard, for a single shooter. Now, rainbows and hugs.

🙄

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Texas Governor Officially Declares Invasion At Border

Texas Invokes Constitutional Invasion Clause

"I invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U.S. & Texas Constitutions to fully authorize Texas to take unprecedented measures to defend our state against an invasion,"

The "invasion clause" referenced by Abbott refers to Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution, which states the U.S. "shall guarantee every state in this Union a republican form of government and shall protect each of them against invasion."

The Texas Constitution's Article 4, Section 7 also states that the governor, as commander in chief of military forces, "shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions."

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I wonder if Abbott is willing to affirmatively murder "trespassing" migrants? Is he willing to authorize State Troopers and Texas National Guard to shoot to kill men, women and children crossing the Rio Grande, gas migrant tent cities/encampments? Lay razor wire and land mines, poison water barrels, and armed helicopters to shoot them like wolves while they're crossing the desert?

edit on 4020242024k36America/Chicago2024-02-02T14:36:40-06:0002pm2024-02-02T14:36:40-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Your pondering and bias musings on that is irrelevant to the topic.

The Constitution is a contract.
It is an agreement between the states and the federal government.
The people of those states pay the federal government to do a job.
In this case - repel invasion.
The federal government has failed to uphold it's end of the contract.
The contract is broken.
edit on 2/2/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

" I wonder if Abbott is willing to affirmatively murder "

Seriously ? You have Lost All Credibility in this Thread with such an asinine Comment . Entering U.S. Soil Illegally is a Crime . Deadly Force is an Option to Stop it , but Not the Only Option .

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Greg Abbott Says the Only Thing Stopping Texas From Shooting Migrants Is the Headache of Potential Murder Charges

Well, if that razor wire, with circular saw blades installed between the buoys, are any indication of Abbotts deadly force resolve, I don't think there's any question he's willing to give the go ahead to shoot to kill on sight.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That's what you say. but it isn't true. The Constitution isn't a contract between the federal government and the States. It's the supreme law of the United States of America, that establishes the supremacy of the federal government and the rights of the states.
edit on 3820242024k53America/Chicago2024-02-02T16:53:38-06:0004pm2024-02-02T16:53:38-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

People wiping their foreheads in relief that you are not running for Congress! 😀

Why do you continuously support The Criminal Spanish Cartels? 😀

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's what you say. but it isn't true. The Constitution isn't a contract between the federal government and the States. It's the supreme law of the United States of America, that establishes the supremacy of the federal government and the rights of the states.

The Constitution restricts the government.

Obviously we're not reading the same Constitution.

Yours may have a little red book cover.
edit on 2-2-2024 by DBCowboy because: boomer

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Greg Abbott Says the Only Thing Stopping Texas From Shooting Migrants Is the Headache of Potential Murder Charges

Well, if that razor wire, with circular saw blades installed between the buoys, are any indication of Abbotts deadly force resolve, I don't think there's any question he's willing to give the go ahead to shoot to kill on sight.

LOL . " Vanityfair " Really ? You are the Punchline to the Joke you Constantly Spew Out here on ATS Every Day . Pathetic !

edit on 2-2-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So is the Declaration and it tells you the one and only solution we all, and I mean all, have once we find ourselves faced with someone who has decided to abuse and corrupt his position. I won't say what it is we all have the absolute RESPONSIBILITY/CHARGE to carry out, but I will just say man do I agree 100% with it. And let me add, there is an unspoken part of that charge which assures us citizens that we will not be charged for doing God's work. And God help any man who thinks he will stand in the way of what the people consider right.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 04:18 AM
link   

It's also a CONTRACT AGREEMENT. The people in the states agree to pay the US Government to repel invasions, and the US Government is supposed to uphold that agreement. It has not. Therefore, the US Constitution Contract is broken and it is nullified.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I wonder if Abbott is willing to affirmatively murder "trespassing" migrants? Is he willing to authorize State Troopers and Texas National Guard to shoot to kill men, women and children crossing the Rio Grande, gas migrant tent cities/encampments? Lay razor wire and land mines, poison water barrels, and armed helicopters to shoot them like wolves while they're crossing the desert?

I would really like you to think about this from a realistic perspective.

We have laws about our border. We have a process (however flawed) to enter the country, and even to become a citizen. There are people who wanted so badly to be part of the United States that they jumped all the hurdles, flaming hoops, and barricades to become a US citizen. They were proud to be Americans. Why are you so willing to hate them for what they did? If you try to claim you don't, and I'm being hyperbolic, think about how they feel, when the current admin is letting 85% of those who illegally cross into the country, and even giving them much more than American citizens are offered.

Everyone understands the "why" part of them coming. We have a problem with the "how" part. I suppose I can sort of grasp it, since the left seems to be totally against law, law and order, and decency. If I'm wrong, I'd like a good argument as to why that is.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join