It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some secret bases i found while playing with Googles new feature

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
these are what i have found so far, and this is just looking around the Groom Lake area

photos4.flickr.com...

photos7.flickr.com...

photos7.flickr.com...

photos4.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice work, but do you still have the coordinates of those snapshots? Could be interesting to check out the sites using KeyHole or Worldwind etc...

Great anyhow

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i used a satalite (if i spelt that right) program for free from google. there all in the nellis bombing range, your right i should have gotten exact spots, i'll look into that

Velvet

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This site here has a lot of interesting Google sat pics:

edge.i-hacked.com...

Here's a couple links of interest:

Area51

Scott AFB

Iowa Class Battleship at Philadelphia Naval Shipyard

apc

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They arent exactly "secret"

Yeah theres tons of little strips out there.. half of em arent even used anymore. If you're using google switch back and forth between modes so you can see which ones are actually on gov. property.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
look at how bad theis photo shop job is on the white house and the 2 buildings next to it i wonder what could be on their roof tops

photos7.flickr.com...

and look at this! what are these buildings?

maps.google.com...,Washington+DC&spn=0.012317,0.016930&t=k&hl=en

Velvet

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Velvet1717]

apc

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The first ones aren't photoshopped. The roof of the capitol building really isn't very interesting. You can see it from other buildings and from the top of the Washington Monument.

The second photo, 201 Pennsylvania Ave SE, is a Bank of America (says google).
The blurred part is just a different (older) image pasted in then blurred.
> if you're talking about the blurred area, the middle is obviously the capitol, the other 4/5 I cant remember. been a long time since I was there.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Google and the govt have some ties together. I remember something about a former NSA person now working for google. Probably has something to do with data mining. Quite a few building that are blurred or photoshopped in DC are not blurred with other sat map sites.

eyeball/

white house

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
that's the white house not the capital building. and yes it is photoshopped.

Velvet

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
look at how bad theis photo shop job is on the white house and the 2 buildings next to it i wonder what could be on their roof tops
[edit on 14-4-2005 by Velvet1717]

I believe there would be anti aircraft guns and its photoshoped possibly so any terrorist cant gain information about rooftop access to any of the adjacent buildings.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah that has to be photoshopped...it doesnt match the pixels of the rest of the picture...

apc

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

that's the white house not the capital building.

Erm yeah my mistake. I was looking at the first photo and thinking about the second.
> yeah that a lie... doop dee derrrr

Me fail english?! Thats unpossible!

[edit on 15-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Didn't think the US Gov would allow this. Interesting.

Cheyenne Mountain

[edit on 4/15/05 by crayon]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
2 things, first off the blurred immage is the white house, and the one with photo shopped roofs isn't even really there, also please refresh my memory, what's at Cheyenne Mountian?

Velvet

apc

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I thought the first was the photoshopped whitehouse? The second blurred one is the Capitol. Heres a googled old map of DC:
sc94.ameslab.gov...

Cheyenne mtn is NORAD. "We are at DEFCON 1... confidence is high... lets play tic tac toe"
Yeah Im definitely surprised they allowed that. I wonder if the housing is personell. Looks like theres an escape tunnel or something of the sorts to the east with dirt roads to the highway.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
woops, sorry my mistake, but it is funny how the tops of the buildings are airbrushed out, they probably got some heavy equipment up there, if anyone here lives in Washington D.C. go take a picture of the tops of those buildings, now that i think about it, you probablly can't. but if you go north of the white house a little bit there is another blurred building, what's that it's not on your map. also i was looking for "the farm" where is that again?

Vevlet

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You can find descriptions overhere:

www.livejournal.com...

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
that just showed me around Groom Lake and the Nellis Bombing range, those "little bumps" arent bumps, it's where bombs are dropped! everything in that little tour is nothing new.

Velvet

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anyone know exactly when the photos were taken and how often they are updated? I scanned across regions (home & work) that I am very familiar with and concluded that the pictures had to be taken at least two years ago. In fact, I suspect that some pics were taken at one time and others at another time.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i have noticed that too. some pic's are very old. a school in my town was renovated a long time ago and in the pic's it's not even under construction. but, some pic's are very recent. i noticed that an exit on a highway had construction done on it and it has the changes in the pic's

Velvet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join