It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Brandon Returns. . . .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

COVID wasn’t Trumps fault just like 9/11 wasn’t bushes or the housing crash wasn’t obamas. But all three fumbled and we’ve seen rampant inflation and economic problems because of it.

I would like to know how Trump fumbled. It seems that the worst part was after Biden took office with the mandates, the never-ending lockdowns, the dumping of trillions, keeping schools closed, pushing big agendas that liberals were good and conservatives were bad...and many more events.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ohhh, boy N.D! Good Sun to you...it's getting so I love your 1 liners!🤙

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I haven’t defended Biden or Obama once for their failed policies.

I’ve instead pointed out they’ve all been leading us in the wrong direction. It’s a combined effort for all of them to have gotten us to this place right now.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There was more authoritarian rules under Biden but most of the spending was done or decided under Trump.

But Biden never seemed to intend to reverse that.
edit on 7-1-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

There was more authoritarian rules under Biden but most of the spending was done or decided under Trump.

But Biden never seemed to intend to reverse that.

So looking at the relief packages under Traump we had Package 1 8.3 billion for vaccine research, Package 2 was a few billion, and Package 3 was the big one 2.3 Trillion with an additional 480 billion for PPP. So Trump was about 2.8 Trillion.

Biden added 2.8 Trillion for Package 4 and 5. The problem was the extended lockdown, we didn't need it and it cost Trillions more past the Packages and we should have been done with Trump and called it good. So yeah, Trump dumped a lot in up front but we didn't need to just lock everyone down forever...lol

The Vaccine mandates were their own WTF moment that seemed more like a test to see how far can the public be pushed. It was like the old psychology test where people press a button to electrocute people and even though they screamed people still did it because others still did it.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In the end we deployed more capital than the middle eastern wars. Granted, some of that was unwound, but ut still speaks volume for how massive it was in such a short period of time.

It was also explicitly said all of that would inevitably increase inflation and cause higher than (the new) normal interest rates in the coming years.

Both politicians placated and lessened the immediate blow at the expense of the mid to long term. And for what? Stimulus checks and thinly veiled bailouts?

It’s disgusting to think about what our government could be capable of it was run by competent people who meant well as opposed to a revolving door for those with power.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

TLDR:

A competent government would spend your money with even less transparency and even more personal gain

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It’s disgusting to think about what our government could be capable of it was run by competent people who meant well as opposed to a revolving door for those with power.

I would say the first part of the pandemic was just crazy in no one knew what would happen. By the time Biden came into office they knew and it all became more of a political event with the liberals blindingly following whatever orders were given and conservatives pushing back because things became authoritarian and started to lack common sense of any kind.

It was a "you will respect my authority" with liberals saying conservatives should just die event. So here we are today looking back and seeing just how stupid the last few years have been and the liberals pretending nothing bad happened...lol

edit on x31Sun, 07 Jan 2024 20:36:59 -060020246America/ChicagoSun, 07 Jan 2024 20:36:59 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

TLDR:

A competent government would spend your money with even less transparency and even more personal gain

lol, I guess it’s a double edged sword asking for efficacy, it could come in different forms.

Then again, you have nations like Norway who stand out for actually serving their constituents.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

169 plotiticians.

Members of parliment....

Size matters Stinky!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join