It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to offer illegal immigrants free healthcare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Tens of thousands of illegals with diseases now know to head west to California.

Where would you go if you were even a healthy illegal, then add kids. Subsistence support, free healthcare… beats out 49 other States.

Also, The weather is nice in the southern part of California year around.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Xtrozero

This is intentional.

They want to bankrupt private hospitals so the government can step in and federalize healthcare.

Now every hospital will be a VA hospital.

"Private hospitals?...WE don need no stinkin' private hospitals!"

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Where the hell is MY free healthcare? We are getting ready to retire and will have a VERY limited income. Already can't afford groceries. Will be out of savings and looking at being homeless around age 83. I've done everything 'right' ... college, worked, raised family, VETERAN .... but I, the AMERICAN CITIZEN, will be broke and yet still have to pay for healthcare but freak'n ILLEGALS get it for free? That's not right DAMMIT!

So I’m 28 years military with 100% disabilities and I still pay… lol. It’s like working for 50 years means nothing anymore, and I feel like many think we need to give all we earn into the collective while so many don’t do crap. They say communism makes everyone equal, equally broke…

There is only so much to go around, it’s not like it is all unlimited.

There

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Also, The weather is nice in the southern part of California year around.

I have always said, if I became homeless it wouldn’t be in Buffalo New York😈

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

"Private hospitals?...WE don need no stinkin' private hospitals!"

Much of the world has their healthcare through small clinics run by RNs. This is what we need as outside of the insurance umbrella and just cash bases. Go in and see a RN pay 30 bucks and go get your meds or whatever. This would work for 80% of our healthcare needs.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This is intentional.

They want to bankrupt private hospitals so the government can step in and federalize healthcare.

There you go predicting catastrophe again.

First of all, California has been gradually allowing more residents to access healthcare regardless of their immigration status for quite some time now. It started with children in 2016 and was then expanded up to age 25 in 2020. Then 50 and older in 2022, and now 26 through 49 in 2024. So this most recent action is expected to put about 700,000 additional individuals on the roles. That's out of somewhere around 14 million total individuals on MediCal currently, or about a 5% increase. Hardly overwhelming.

Second, MediCal (which is California's implementation of the federal Medicaid program) is just like any other health insurance plan. It pays for certain covered conditions through the same health care infrastructure that you and I probably use--private hospitals, clinics, doctors, pharmacies, etc. No part of this is moving in the direction of the VA hospital model.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Makes one think about what CA will look like in 10 years as people leave in mass, but are replaced by huge numbers of illegals.

A taco truck And! a Starbucks on every corner! Yummmm!

Looking forward to it!

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
To get CA welfare:

There are no specific residency requirements for the CalWORKs program, but must be legal residents of the United States and intend to continue living in California to be eligible.

www.marca.com...

Medi-Cal:

You can also get Medi-Cal if you are:
65 or older
Blind
Disabled
Under 21
Pregnant
In a skilled nursing or intermediate care home
On refugee status for a limited time, depending how long you have been in the United States
A parent or caretaker relative of an age eligible child
Have been screened for breast and/or cervical cancer (Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program)

If you are enrolled in one of the following programs, you can also get Medi-Cal:

CalFresh
SSI/SSP
CalWorks (AFDC)
Refugee Assistance
Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program

www.dhcs.ca.gov...

So you have to be low income among other things. But what is a legal resident in California?

Am I a resident? You're a resident if either apply: Present in California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose. Domiciled in California, but outside California for a temporary or transitory purpose.

www.ftb.ca.gov...#:~:text=Community%20property-,Am%20I%20a%20resident%3F,a%20temporary%20or%20transitor y%20purpose

It seems based on the above research, almost anyone can receive medical, welfare and other assistance, as long as you don't make too much money.

But illegal immigrants have the advantage.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
yep, too many migrants that were not volunteering for COVID flu inoculation's

so now CA can 'process' those questionable shots to the terminal, unwary
edit on 2-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

A taco truck And! a Starbucks on every corner! Yummmm!

Looking forward to it!

No, Star Bucks will be replaced by the taco trucks. 😈

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This pisses me of so much as a middle class working American.

My health coverage for my family, lowest tier, is 1800 a month. If I want a lower deductible, it goes to over 2200.

Meanwhile, there a children, elderly, disabled and vets all without good proper healthcare who live here. Were born here. Aided our society.

Immigration is a leech on an economy.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

I work with the California hospital system, even the chains are going bankrupt, they are bleeding money due to Obamacare and these dumbass policies.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

So, you support giving free medical care to illegal immigrants? Are you in California? The U.S.? Do you have free medical care?

(post by Wolverine73 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

This is intentional.

First of all, California has been gradually allowing more residents to access healthcare regardless of their immigration status for quite some time now. It started with children in 2016 and was then expanded up to age 25 in 2020. Then 50 and older in 2022, and now 26 through 49 in 2024. So this most recent action is expected to put about 700,000 additional individuals on the roles. That's out of somewhere around 14 million total individuals on MediCal currently, or about a 5% increase. Hardly overwhelming.

Second, MediCal (which is California's implementation of the federal Medicaid program) is just like any other health insurance plan. It pays for certain covered conditions through the same health care infrastructure that you and I probably use--private hospitals, clinics, doctors, pharmacies, etc. No part of this is moving in the direction of the VA hospital model.

It's kind of a pipe dream though isn't it? SOMEONE has to pay for it. Quite frankly, I believe lots of states would like to offer more, well if they weren't so greedy and creating more and more departments that serve no real purpose, but, ah, yeah, I think a lot of states would like to offer more to their citizens. But California has some serious issues. They're putting the welfare of the immigrants over their real customer base who happen to support all their programs. And an even bigger one:

Two seemingly diametrically opposed things were both true about California's budget in 2023. The state had to pare down its spending as it confronted a nearly $32 billion deficit for 2023-24. Nonetheless, the final spending plan for the general fund was still the second largest on record — $308 billion in total. Dec 18, 2023

California Gov. Gavin Newsom boasted of a $97.5 billion budget surplus in 2022, but a year later, it morphed into a $31-plus billion deficit. What happened? Seventeen months ago, while unveiling a much-revised 2022-23 state budget, Gov. Oct 25, 2023

Both quotes from calmatters.org. So, how did they go from $97.5 billion surplus to $32 billion deficit in such a short amount of time? I'm pretty sure it's called 'spending beyond your means' and underestimating your income.

Apparently 'means' is no object anymore to a LOT of people.

Where IS that money going to come from?
edit on nd31202400000031bTue, 02 Jan 2024 14:13:56 -06002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Go in and see a RN pay 30 bucks and go get your meds or whatever. This would work for 80% of our healthcare needs.

havent looked in a while but some years back Oklahoma had a number of surgery centers that refused govt health care and gave cash options to pay for procedures.

thousands of dollars less than using insurance, and at least when I left oklahoma business was booming for them.

I agree options that allow cash payments would help a ton.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Citizenship in a country with open borders is a joke.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This is intentional.

originally posted by: Boomer1947

So you can't decipher a metaphor from delusional reality? 😃

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh boy, this is going to get crazy as CA offers free healthcare to all illegals on the tax payers dime. I read that 700k would cost close to 4 billion, but CA has around 3 million illegals so that could be 16 billion and growing at a crazy rate as they become a giant illegal immigrant magnet.

Makes one think about what CA will look like in 10 years as people leave in mass, but are replaced by huge numbers of illegals.

Where is the Money coming from for that Pray Tell > ?
edit on 2-1-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

havent looked in a while but some years back Oklahoma had a number of surgery centers that refused govt health care and gave cash options to pay for procedures.

thousands of dollars less than using insurance, and at least when I left oklahoma business was booming for them.

I agree options that allow cash payments would help a ton.

I wrote about this years ago on ATS, but when my kid was young he got Pink Eye and it was coming up on a long holiday weekend. My option was ER and being in Texas that would have been like a 12-hour wait. Then someone told me there was a cash-only clinic in the next town, so I took him there. Walked in, had no real paperwork, paid my 20 bucks, and walked out within 10 mins with a prescription for Pink Eye...

edit on x31Tue, 02 Jan 2024 15:04:54 -060020241America/ChicagoTue, 02 Jan 2024 15:04:54 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join