It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay $150 million in defamation case

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I really hope you are not a trial lawyer. I know I would not hire you. At no time did you actually answer the question. It is so simple also.

Well, I mean that would make him a pretty good lawyer lolz.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Hahahaha...I know I did not want to add that...it's what lawyers do.
edit on Julpm31pmf0000002024-07-03T14:49:40-05:000240 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I know things are different with hindsight. Would New York be the mess it is today if Rudy Giuliani did not take down the Mafia? He done a lot for gun crime in the city. With the next bunch of plumbers dealing with the sewage?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am and you couldn't.

If you can't read, that's your problem.

If you can't understand the difference between expressing an opinion outside Court and making legal representations in actual Court proceedings then I can't help you.

This has been an unpleasant conversation and I have no wish to continue it.

I should have known better than to try to reason with a fanatical Trump Cultist.

Go rage at someone else.

I am not in a Court and you are not a Judge.

Just do one.
edit on 3-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

If you can’t put up some kind of evidence or links to back up your argument, and if you act like any question to you is a deposition than maybe you should tuck tail like you’ve already threatened to do here.

If neither of those apply then I’d like your thoughts about my earlier post to you….

I know of a lawyer who actually was just convicted of 3 felonies yet only got his law license suspended. See the two tier justice system under these partisan hacks now?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

The link to the 31 page reasons has been provided.

Without any details about your anecdotal claim, I can't really have an opinion.

Threatened?

Jeez.....

What "felonies"?

I'm just supposed to believe your vague anecdote?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The link to the 31 page reasons has been provided.

Without any details about your anecdotal claim, I can't really have an opinion.

Threatened?

Jeez.....

What "felonies"?

I'm just supposed to believe your vague anecdote?

You’re defending Rudy’s disbarment in the guise of behavior unbecoming or such.
Rudy has committed exactly zero crimes.

Hunter Biden was just convicted of 3 felonies and only got his law license suspended.
Do you see how somebody would absolutely think something wrong is going on here?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No. He has committed zero crimes.

Crimes not needed for disbarment.

"Behaviour unbecoming"?

No. Another straw man.

I don't know how many times you need to read the 31 pages of findings or to understand what I posted about breaches of duty to the Court as a lawyer or breaches of his professional Code of Conduct, but you carry on defending a total disgrace of a lawyer.

Michael Cohen? Sydney? Etc.

He sure can pick 'em.

Bit of a pattern?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You tell me I can't read. That I am part of a cult. That I am raging. You are correct I am not a judge. Sorry but nothing but 'rage' and anger from.....you. Because you cannot answer a simple question. You are attacking me Carp....

You would rather parrot than prove. Unpleasant. Please tell me what, against you, has been unpleasant that I said?

PS - You also do not choose when the discussion is over. LSAT of 168. I decided against law school but had something to prove.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Simple question was answered.

You are an angry person and, actually, I do get to choose when a discussion is over.

Which, it is.

Bored now.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nothing was answered. Thanks for not playing.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
www.cnn.com...

A Washington, DC, jury has ordered Rudy Giuliani to pay nearly $150 million to two Georgia election workers for the harm caused by defamatory statements he made about them following the 2020 election. Ruby Freeman was awarded $16,171,000 for defamation and $20 million for emotional distress. Shaye Moss, Freeman’s daughter, was awarded $16,998,000 for defamation and $20 million for emotional distress. The jury also awarded $75 million in punitive damages to both plaintiffs. Giuliani watched intently as the verdict was read, using a stylus on a touch-screen device, apparently taking down notes on the figures he’d been ordered to pay. After leaving the courtroom, the former New York mayor and onetime attorney to former President Donald Trump vowed to appeal.

Notice what they do not mention a single time in the entire article is the Automatic Ruling made by the Judge on the Case . A ruling made without looking at any of the evidence Giuliani attempted to Provide .

Giuliani and his Lawyers have repeated several times they have Evidence to back up his claims and yet , No evidence was admitted to the case.

The Judge and Jury simply make a ridiculous Judgment of $150,000,000 and move on like nothing else matters .

The article goes on to point out Giuliani's inability to pay the money and his imminent bankruptcy blah blah blah . The DOJ has lost it's mind

My Prediction . When Trump is Reelected , he will Pardon Rudy , and he will regain his Law License . After that , his Financial Troubles should Also Go Away after he Sues the State of New Yawk for a Gazillion Dollars for Unfair Press Reporting and Emotional Trauma .
edit on 3-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

"Behaviour unbecoming"?

Keep questioning....

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

"Behaviour unbecoming"?

Keep questioning....

here's How that was Acomplished.....