It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Rejects Pope Francis Call For World To Sign Global AI Treaty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Only because we are apt to build our own God at some point should his not bother to chime up or show face.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FlyersFan

Only because we are apt to build our own God at some point should his not bother to chime up or show face.

Golden calf you mean. The light and sound department that generates propaganda to conceal the wizards. AI is just another Pinocchio dancing on stage while pockets are being picked.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

AI is just another Pinocchio dancing on stage while pockets are being picked.

At least it's real of sorts, or maybe at some point in the not-to-distant, but strong AI is still miles away from becoming a thing.

Ile not bother to tell you what organised religious practice amounts to all its many guises but Pinocchio dont have a look in.
edit on 15-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
AL should be regulated, that is not double about it, due to the implications fo the technology existence and the dangers of what it can become to humanity in a near future.

But the pope is the last individual that should be making an opinion of it, what is he afraid off, that AI will take the role of the church away from human beings?

The ones that are worrying about it right now is the globalist and the banking system, because the financial implications of it, can in some way bankrupt the banking system or something like that.

I have not idea how AI will be use, but in human hands it will turn into whatever those in power are looking for.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The fact is strong AI might afford the entirety of humanity a better Zoo than "they" do.

The worry is the Jinn cannot go back in the bottle or be controlled.

Then again that is true with any child that grows to adulthood.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

At least it's real of sorts, or maybe at some point in the not-to-distant, but strong AI is still miles away from becoming a thing.

Anyone that thinks AI isn't being weaponized as we speak in some secret research facility is being naive.

I would expect AI was born and raised in Livermore, Cali. and will soon be old enough to vote.
edit on 15-12-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
First of all .. what the HELL is the Pope doing being involved in this?

You can say what you want, why can't he?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Exactly, just like companies personhood given to them by the supreme court,

When Did Companies Become People? Excavating The Legal Evolution

www.npr.org...

AI is not human and never will be, never, lets get that clear, soo the implications of given personhood to technology it will be the end of humanity.

And yes voting rights too.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Once AI gets "personhood" they will get the right to vote, they will get political positions and run the government.

They will call themselves cleaner for the enviroment, more efficient and with not emotional attachments, then they will proclaim humans are nothing but underdeveloped monkeys and eliminated all of us after putting some of us in the zoos.

Yep I been sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks AI isn't being weaponized as we speak in some secret research facility is being naive.

LoL

That's what humans do lilzazz.

We have weaponised just about every tool we have created.

Point of fact a lot of those tools are a direct result of weapons development.

I would expect AI was born and raised in Livermore, Cali. and will soon be old enough to vote.

Apparently cutting edge AI is reminiscent of the likes of the intelligence of a 4-year-old or thereabouts.

As to voting well if AI did indeed become sentient, not allowing such to vote, would be rather draconian on the part of humanity would it not?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

LoL

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Let's develop a good, Catholic AI.

This pope is a marxist and persecutes good Catholics, so his version of a good Catholic AI may not be all that good nor all that Catholic.

There are 1.3 billion Catholics in the world with the Pope as their spiritual leader. RCC the oldest and largest international institution on the planet. Unlimited resources....that's some real power.

However AI has changed all that and that scares a lot of people. I has the potential to create paradise or hell on Earth. I'm not surprised the Pope wants to put in his 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ile not bother to tell you what organised religious practice amounts to all its many guises but Pinocchio dont have a look in.

I daresay the holy grail here isn't artificial intelligence, but uploaded intelligence. Immortality via cloud storage. And that's absolutely something to keep the Pope awake at night.

edit on 15-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The same page now TzarChasm.

The question begs there, are we more than the sum of our parts?

Popes got to say yes and be rather peeved as to whatever would be perceived to be lost in translation aka soul i should imagine from his perspective.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Apparently cutting edge AI is reminiscent of the likes of the intelligence of a 4-year-old or thereabouts.

As to voting well if AI did indeed become sentient, not allowing such to vote, would be rather draconian on the part of humanity would it not?

Are 4 year olds sentient? How do you determine whether something is self aware or not ? Pandora's box is wide open....

edit on 15-12-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Men and women make babies all the time, it's God that adds that Divine Spark that gives us a soul. Without that, we're biological meat machines.

Why can't men and women make AI, and will God give it a Divine Spark?

Perhaps one day Optimus Prime will grant that prayer.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Men and women make babies all the time, it's God that adds that Divine Spark that gives us a soul. Without that, we're biological meat machines.

Why can't men and women make AI, and will God give it a Divine Spark?

Perhaps one day Optimus Prime will grant that prayer.

That made me actually laugh out loud.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The only spark AI will have will not be divine, it will come from a short circuit, but I am sure the will have some AI prozac for when that time comes.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Are 4 year olds sentient?

Yes but not old enouth to vote.

The thing is strong AI will learn at an exponential rate meaning at 4 years old it may as well have existed for billions of years comparatively speaking.

How do you determine whether something is self aware or not ?

The Turing test springs to mind but it does have its limitations.

"I think therefore i am" just about covers it.

If strong AI can come to that conclusion and actually understand why, well that should be interesting, as will what comes next i should imagine.

Pandora's box is wide open....

That's true, but also the case since humanity discovered fire and decided to twat one another over the head with sticks.
edit on 15-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The Turing test springs to mind but it does have its limitations.

"I think therefore i am" just about covers it.

That's why these AI language models make people think they are better than they are, as they learned well how to convince people with words.

Just because some thing tells you it is sentient it doesn't mean it is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join