It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever changing definitions.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Zionism was a definition I used even before Oct 7th.

Yes, there was debate about how terrible the Joos were before Oct 7th.

It's just more in the open now.

For some it is socially acceptable.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not so long ago there was this thing going on around the world called Islamic terrorism. Progressives told us that was from a few extremists and you would be wrong to lump all people of the Muslim faith into that category. If you did, you were called an islamaphobe. Yet here are the same people hating American Jews just because they are Jewish. Hypocrites.

What a bunch of Hebrewphobes.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Zionism was a definition I used even before Oct 7th.

Yes, there was debate about how terrible the Joos were before Oct 7th.

It's just more in the open now.

For some it is socially acceptable.
Well. I’m anti-Zionist. Like I’m anti-apartheid.Like I’m anti-American Hegemony. Pretty sure it all makes me a woman-hating racist.

Anyway.

Got nothin against the Jewish people. Wish America didn’t pay Israel in aid, but same for all countries.

Or Palestinians per se.

Just a pleb on ATS caring about people I’ve never met.

Liking words and stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Not so long ago there was this thing going on around the world called Islamic terrorism. Progressives told us that was from a few extremists and you would be wrong to lump all people of the Muslim faith into that category. If you did, you were called an islamaphobe. Yet here are the same people hating American Jews just because they are Jewish. Hypocrites.

I think just calling them, "Jew Haters" would suffice.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are actually bands I can't listen to any more because what their lead singer said about Israel. And narratives being parroted.

Expected more from a person WHOSE ALWAYS SINGING ABOUT HOW HIS FAMILY WERE ONCE VICTIMS OF GENOCIDE BY A MUSLIM CALIPHATE IN 1915.

So long, System of a Down.

At least there's Jewish people like David Draiman that havn't lost their mind with occupier/settler nonsense.

edit on 7-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I 100% agree even if we can't do jack sh@t we can't at least show the next generation how to do the right things and try our best

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Hopefully this turns into a “Bud Light moment” for these universities.

Ha!

Facing heavy criticism, the University of Pennsylvania’s president walked back some of her remarks given earlier this week at a congressional hearing on campus antisemitism, saying she should have gone further to condemn hate against Jewish students.

fortune.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Can you please define nakba for us?

Legit critique is legit critique. If they hurt someone's feelz too bad.
If that critique was worded the way trans critique is worded around here it'd give you a legit reason to moan but that's not the case. So yeah, truth sometimes hurt our precious feelz, but we're here to deny ignorance even if it hurts

edit on 8-12-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

edit on 12/8/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

I agree.

Free speech is free speech until it infringes on the rights of another individual.

Therein with that statement lies all the trouble we have at the moment. The biggest grey area there, or should I say no area, is the term "rights of another individual". Just who decides what and to what extent does a "right" mean. Example:- "The American dream". All men are created equal. Biologically, may be, but in real life it's far from the truth. Now the important bit about rights, or better still the interpretation of rights. The "right" to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Now answer me this as an American "These are supposed to be god given rights but how many times have they been mis interpreted or ignored for political gain?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Can you please define nakba for us?

Legit critique is legit critique. If they hurt someone's feelz too bad.
If that critique was worded the way trans critique is worded around here it'd give you a legit reason to moan but that's not the case. So yeah, truth sometimes hurt our precious feelz, but we're here to deny ignorance even if it hurts

1948–49: Israel’s War of Independence and the Palestinian Nakba
On November 29, 1947, the United Nations (UN) voted to partition the British mandate of Palestine into a Jewish state and an Arab state (see United Nations Resolution 181). Clashes broke out almost immediately between Jews and Arabs in Palestine, beginning with the Arab ambush of a bus carrying Jewish passengers from Netanya to Jerusalem on November 30.

In Israel, the war is remembered as its War of Independence. In the Arab world, it came to be known as the Nakba (“Catastrophe”) because of the large number of refugees and displaced persons resulting from the war.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I was just discussing the other day with a friend what the united nations considers to be genocide DB , 5 very interesting points that people in the western world really need to look up

www.un.org...

Especially articles C and D
edit on 8/12/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

They are braindead. They are told by politicians and MSM what next thing to fear/hate and so they do.
edit on 8-12-2023 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I was just discussing the other day with a friend what the united nations considers to be genocide DB , 5 very interesting points that people in the western world really need to look up

www.un.org...

Has the UN condemned hamas or the palestinians yet?

Or are they too busy condemning Israel?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And still, those using "new" definitions have failed to address the issue.

Pity.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

www.un.org...

Oh look. The US just vetoes the UN resolution calling for a cease-fire.

Neat.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

www.un.org...

Neat.

Good.

At least someone is standing up for the Israeli's.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

www.un.org...

Neat.

“Ceasefire” aka “Shopping spree”

t.me...

Armed Hamas terrorists caught stealing food aid in Gaza and beating civilians attempting to get food supplies.

t.me...

The IDF reveals: Weapons were seized inside a school in Gaza City hidden in UNRWA sacks and USAID bags of the United Nations.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The college presidents were an embarrassment to America, in my humble opinion.

They were both disgusting and frightening in their stupidity and obvious lack of caring that their policies could easily bring about the deaths of Jewish students. Freak'n Nazis.

If it were black students being chased and threatened and harassed ... and people were calling for their deaths ... I"m sure their responses would have been very different. But it's okay because it's Jewish students and not blacks.
I agree that what these University presidents said was wrong on every level , but they have a right to say what they feel . Alex Jones needs to be drug infront of federal inquiries, because he incites violence as well !
What about Trump & his dog whistles to the right wing extreme Christian nationalist of this country ?
Or the BLM dog whistles to the militant left of America.
You have the right to say whatever you want in America & you also have a right to be sued , fired or imprisoned for your words based on their influence upon mayhem or hate .

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by
BCowboy
I think just calling them, "Jew Haters" would suffice.

Being witnesses to a group,
that uses exclusive bigotry,
is calling it as it is.
Name calling though,
as you do is par for the course.
cowboy . . . you need to get off your high horse,
and
tell us how you truly feel about Nelson Mandela ?
Do you know, at one time the bigots were
calling Mandela names like 'terrorist' and 'hater' too ?
Pals have every right to defend their people, THEIR farms,
THEIR olive orchards, THEIR lively hood, THEIR families
and THEIR history and THEIR distinct culture,
Whether you like it or not.
. . . your phobia's and bigotry have no place in society.
'blood-line' cults have no place in MODERN society same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join