It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What animal is this ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I found this pic in another board.
Looks to explicit to be a real pic, imo more like another fake.
I hope some photo expert can confirm.
Looks like a squirrel walking in 2 legs...lol

external image

external image

I got it here.
www.neowin.net...]Neowin

pic size too large

[edit on 4-13-2005 by worldwatcher]

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
why the hell is the image so blury???

it could be real but it looks fake (made by a computer) because it is so blury...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
man i guess the guy who took was rushed to take this pic.. this animal look like running fast
almost scary..

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
looks more like some kid in a halloween costume then it does an animal

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpionxx
looks more like some kid in a halloween costume then it does an animal

this kid is what 3? look at the second pic , who would let his kid run on the grass while taking a far photo from the street? man i would have chosen a better angle if it was my kid dressed up for halloween. Nah it's definetaly an experimental squirrel clone gone mad

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Look at how spindly those legs are...no way could they suppourt the weight of whatever that is. My guess is a lawn ornament someone took a picture of then blurred in photo editor...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The first is a 'zoom' of the second.

I find it extremely 'fortuitous' that someone got everything else so nicely in frame but not the thing, and no other pics.

Also, notice that in the zoom the thing is translucent.

Looks like someone was playing around with the 'spraypaint' feature in a photo editor

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can't see it at all. And when I click on your link, I have to login

Edit: Woops! I can see it now. I think the page just needed to be refreshed.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That picture look stretched on the vertical axis. I'd go with lawn ornament.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Definitely transposed or spraypainted. The perspective of the second picture is too awkward, the "animal" looks flat.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I find it extremely 'fortuitous' that someone got everything else so nicely in frame but not the thing, and no other pics.

I just noticed that. The 'thing' isn't even close to the center of the picture. It looks like some took a pre-existing picture and added it in. I could forgive it being a little off, but the picture is framed as the subejct is the houses, not the gremlin running around.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
id say its to out of focused compaired to the rest of the immage, also i find it steched like others have said and i think whatever it is was just added on the computer and isnt even an image thats just been alterd

also in the second pic the legs and arms look to stiky/skinny and is the same width for the entire length of the legs and the begining of the arm looks to fat to go that skinny so fast unless its the other arm or something

[edit on 13-4-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Looks like "The Gingerbread Man".

Remember,
Run! Run! Fast as you can!
You can't catch me!
I'm the Gingerbread man!

That explains why the photo is
blurry.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by The Exiled One]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i think i looks like a little doll to me

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Looks like a Frog to me....Right after leaping off the ground or about to.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
An unnatural stance, so could one assume it is supposed to be on the move? If that is the case, why is the object equally fuzzy with the surroundings?

Obviously a stunt, but I couldn't help experessing my first observation.

Cug

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
First time posting in this forum so here goes.

The first thing I noticed it the critter has a "halo" look around the edges in the first picture. That could be a sign of some photoshop tweeking. In the second shot everything is a bit out of focus so it looks like the shot was taken in a hand held camera on an overcast day so the slow shutter speed account for the slight blur on the overall picture and the greater blurring on the moving critter. Also the critter is not centered so it was not that unusual to the photographer, or the photographer did not see it. If it really was something weird and noticeable, you would think they would of centered on the critter.

So I opened the second image up in my image editor, first thing I noticed the image has a "File written by Adobe Photoshop 5.0" So we are not dealing with the untouched image that came from the camera. But it still has the Flash Used No information so I suspect it did come from a digital image and not a scanned photograph.

Zoomed image 2300%

Alright over all it looks legit. The pixelation of the critter and of the rest of the image are the same. (First sign of a bad photoshop edit is missmatched pixels) The anti-aliasing is pretty good EXCEPT for one part. Take a look at the top of the head and compare it to the anti-aliasing in the rest of the image... it's just a flat straight line. I would normally expect a few darker pixels in the green area to give a rounder shape.

Overall there is a chance that the imaged was photoshoped, but I can't say that with any certainty.

If the image was not photoshoped, it looks like the critter may be a cat jumping after some bugs or something. You also have to consider how the human brain works. It could be something very common but we are looking at it from a odd prospective so our brains tend to see only the humanoid shape.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
ITS THEM. We humans have to deal with Grays, well, thats a squirrel version of a Gray. But yeah, most likely just a small squirrel that can run on two legs, as im sure they can with such small bodies.

edit , meh, just realized it doesnt show a tail, so now im a bit more confused.

more editing, i guess i should think before i post, but if it was moving so fast, how was he able to snap a picture so easily, in the small area you can see it ?

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Caseysmind]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I look at this pic and think of my mom's ugly dos she trained to 'walk' on it's back leggs most of the time for treats. It also was grey like this pic.......it was a bobbed tailed lassa apso. NOT saying this 'thingy' is also a lassa apso dog on it's hind leggs, but it has a familiar ring to my memory.
Been there.....seen that.

Anything for bacon bits.........

......................just sayin

[edit on 14-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hey, dunno if any of you check the original thread in the other board to see the history the guy told but here it is:

I’m almost shaking from last night I was at my grand parents farm for the past couple of days no internet access otherwise I would of posted this earlier. Anyway me and my bro arrive there on Friday and as we are walking around trying to find all the regular pets my grandma has we see this black looking thing jolt across the road. At first I thought it was a black cat but my bro starts backing up and yelling at me. He runs into the house and I think nothing of it. Saturday comes and my bro is whining about the thing he saw and I’m like always denying that it was some weird thing or whatever. All I actually saw was the back legs and it looked a little like a cat so at first I thought it was my grandmas cat running and he saw it in a weird position. Then on Monday at around 3 pm we are walking around again and I have my Kodak digital camera because I wanted to snap a few pictures around. So we are just wondering around the area and as I turn my head I see this odd looking thing walking UPRIGHT and fairly slowly. I cannot see the face, but I can clearly see like a yellowish eye, my camera was on at the time I just didn’t have the lcd screen on and I quickly go on my knee and take a picture while my bro is already running away. As I snap the picture the thing runs around the house and I run off, seriously scared. We run into the house and tell my parents and my grandfather is there eating, we tell him what we saw and he’s like “That thing been crawling up all over the place” I was like wtf! So we keep talking to him and he’s says he doesn’t know what it is but he’s seen it at least 2 other times around the house and then my grandma shows up at the door. We are all in the kitchen talking and she’s basically saying it’s some weird alien because she has seen crap hovering around the farmhouse. At this point me and my bro are freaked as hell. Does anyone have any idea what the hell this thing is? It seriously freaked me out, I’m not going to my grandparents place for a long time now cause of this. Here is the only pic I managed to snap, the second pic I sharpened and made bigger to show u how it looked like.

Another thing about the pixelation on the "THING".
It got pixelate because it has another color diferent from the background...as you can see the houses (white detalis in the zoom) its pixelate too...and it doesnt seems to be placed there by any photo manipulation.
The pixelation can happen because the gradient....thats the only way to go into another color since 1px is the smallest area in the image, dont forget any picture you open and zoom will have that kind of pixelation.
About the out of frame....if you see the bigger image there was only a SMALL gap between the plants and (if its ture) the guy had very few time to take the pic...it could be he just took the shoot as soon he got the "THING" on the frame, that could explain why the pic is blurry...he was moving the camera to focus the "thing".

Anyway, im not defending the pic......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join