It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who stand at their cubicles are weird.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dbcowboy2

We got A-10's at Pope before I left and they gave it away to the Army. Those are simply bad ass planes. An airframe built around a gun. A big, angry gun.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDiscoKing

I guess i find it odd because I'm constantly getting up to go run into a lab to inspect some process or build anyways.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InspectorE7

Having spent a career in the "CHAIR FORCE" will give a person different ideals.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is actually the origin of the military term "dirty, nasty legs": REMFs sitting on their butts all the time.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: networkdude

The prowler will always be sentimental to me, because at the time, it was the 2nd loudest aircraft behind the Bone. At full military it would vibrate your fillings out and fastest non after burning jet in service before the F-22 came out. Also, because we also got to repair the simulator, I've "flown" it a number of times.

link   

originally posted by: networkdude

Having spent a career in the "CHAIR FORCE" will give a person different ideals.

Ha! See^^^^^

link   

As a test, when you went TDY, where was the first stop any flight line crew would make?

Class VI

*boom*

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Damn devil pigeons

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dbcowboy2

As a test, when you went TDY, where was the first stop any flight line crew would make?

Class VI

*boom*

This guy knows.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How is standing around beneficial?

Also, i thought i was kind of a geek myself because i used to play WH40K and WoW, but wholly crap, the new breed of geek is a whole new level.

My wife is a Corporate Director of Finance for a $1 billion dollar organization in USA. Shes not stupid, geeky nor obease. She stands all day at work so as to relieve herself of 24/7 Sciatica nerve pain. That being said they could be having back pian or sciatica pain. I get it also up both legs and butt cheek.

Sciatica pain can vary widely. It may feel like a mild tingling, dull ache, or burning sensation. In some cases, the pain is severe enough to make a person unable to move. The pain most often occurs on one side. Some people have sharp pain in one part of the leg or hip and numbness in other parts.

edit on 10242023 by Waterglassing because: add

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorE7

The prowler will always be sentimental to me, because at the time, it was the 2nd loudest aircraft behind the Bone. At full military it would vibrate your fillings out and fastest non after burning jet in service before the F-22 came out. Also, because we also got to repair the simulator, I've "flown" it a number of times.

When we were in Saudi, they put us at the end of the runway. We had two concrete barriers to block the jet wash, but they were like 50 feet away from our tarmac. They launched Tornadoes, f-15's and 16's at full afterburner, all night long, two at a time. Amazingly enough, after a while, you didn't even notice how loud they were. Plus we had more important things to do, like scorpion fights.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I was in Saudi in 2001 during the 9-11 fiasco, we were parked right across from the tornadoes and in between the AWACS and F-16s. Cool aircraft the tornadoes. Cracked me up how much the British still despise the French though. Also, fvck camel spiders.
edit on 24-10-2023 by InspectorE7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Forgetting to change metal rimmed glasses for plastic rimmed safety glasses.
edit on 24-10-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Did you get the pleasure of staying in Khobar towers? I think Dharan has the loveliest dirt I've seen in the middle east.
Never found a camel spider, we looked. But as I was night shift (the only way to function in the oven that is the desert) we spent spare time checking fuel pits for all sorts of nasties. We'd jump in to go after a gnarly looking scorpion. For some reason, we were lucky to miss out on the snakes. I'm sure they were there, they just knew we were too damn stupid to mess with.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hey, for people with chronic back pain these desks are great, I have one too in my shop. Also with dirty and oily clothes you ruin every chair so fast, too

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Did you get the pleasure of staying in Khobar towers? I think Dharan has the loveliest dirt I've seen in the middle east.
Never found a camel spider, we looked. But as I was night shift (the only way to function in the oven that is the desert) we spent spare time checking fuel pits for all sorts of nasties. We'd jump in to go after a gnarly looking scorpion. For some reason, we were lucky to miss out on the snakes. I'm sure they were there, they just knew we were too damn stupid to mess with.

I was at a depot in Parmesans Germany and opened a ventilator that had been in the field.

In the battery compartment was a damned dead camel spider.

I almost crapped my pants.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

better dead than alive. I hear they are large. I squeal like a small bitch when a house spider falls on me, so the level of unglued I would be having something like that on me would be comical to everyone around on a level not yet understood. Flail would be redefined.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

I was glad not to need BC's.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Forgetting to remove wedding band, no FOD bag on belt, missed marks on checklist; so many dings!

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorE7
As a former flight-line technician who's had to stand for most of his day watching pilots break my aircraft, i find it particularly odd that engineers choose to stand at their desks all day. I now work as a quality inspector at one of the major air craft manufacturers in an office job and there's dozens of these geeks standing about at their desks. How is standing around beneficial?

Also, i thought i was kind of a geek myself because i used to play WH40K and WoW, but wholly crap, the new breed of geek is a whole new level.

I dunno, i just wanted to bitch about something that isnt about the mods vanishing or Israel.

Sitting all day isn’t good for your health. You will burn a lot more calories standing. For a lot of people it’s better for your posture and combats tech neck.
Sometimes you just want to stand and stretch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join