It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do So Few Citizens of Israel Own Guns - Considering Israel Has So Many Enemies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This IS curious. Wonder if attitudes will change...

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Just like any country they have political swings depending on their climate, because as you said they probably have a large moderate population.

As for their nationalist views, I think this moment highlights that they have a strong sense of survival which often translates into nationalism.

I’ve been critical of Israel’s government in the past, and seen the nuance and dichotomy of the two state system there… But I’m gonna have to side with Israel now. What happened was vial and savage. Hamas having large support in Palestine speaks volumes of the climate in Gaza and the West Bank. Watching them celebrate their impending doom after such disgusting acts made me lose a vast majority of sympathy I’ve held for them (me previously holding sympathy for them not equating to me thinking they were “right”, merely we’re all born to different circumstances with bias to our people)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: flayer

This IS curious. Wonder if attitudes will change...

I've been (figuratively) pulling my hair out in frustration, due to Israel not immediately sending cruise missiles to kill the HAMAS leaders! They are giving interviews and issuing statements. Israel Intelligence knows where they are, 24/7.

FINALLY, after so many deaths of women and children, it seems Israel is going to take this most efficient, least-bloody action! The nation of Israel has compiled a "KILL LIST" of Hamas officials, and told them to say goodbye to their families.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 10/9/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I've been (figuratively) pulling my hair out in frustration, due to Israel not immediately sending cruise missiles to kill the HAMAS leaders! They are giving interviews and issuing statements. Israel Intelligence knows where they are, 24/7.

Yes, the may know where many are.... they are integrated into many of the same buildings where the public lives, as well as where hostages are being kept. Do you want to send cruise missiles there like the terrorists fired rockets point blanc into the homes of Israelis ?
edit on 9-10-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What’s even more strange is that every Israeli citizen must serve in the army for a few years. Every citizen is technically a trained soldier. So what gives???? Nobody defended themselves??? Something smells fishy. Ba reply to: carewemust

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I agree that it was partly indeed an intel failure ... but also the citizens didn't have enough guns too. Just saying it was a double failure.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You read my mind. I was looking at the news reports today and noticed the guys flying around. I then thought to myself, "why aren't they being shot down?" I was thinking that if some dude were flying around shooting at people on the ground in the US, it would be Duck season.

edit on 2431America/ChicagoMonday31102 by stelth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It might be too easy to call it just an intel failure.

There probably is protocol or it was discussed if something like this were to happen, and how to react and prepare for intel failure.

We’re talking about Israel. With an area that has been a cluster f for ages.

Even if it was an intel failure, there’s probably chess moves premeditated in response.

edit on 9-10-2023 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Enduro

If some armed radicals were fly/float/drive/burrow into the USA from Mexico with the intent on killing and taking hostages, it would be a one way trip for them...and the last thing they'll EVER do.

No need to fly,float,drive and burrow.USA just leaves the door open for them. I’m sure US is loaded with extremists right now just waiting for the signal.

It warmed my heart when one of the extremists threatened to blow up the food court in an Indiana mall, and before he could finish yelling the Allie Akbar thing, a diner shot him through the forehead....from 50 feet away!

Apparently he was 40 YARDS away and fired 10 shots, and hit the shooter 8 times. That's some shooting

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Surprised me to when I heard about the guy on the phone with the authorities as he and his family hid in a panic room and the bad guys were trying to shoot through the door, while he was being told there is nobody coming to help you at this time.

Cannot imagine a worse scenario.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   

They have guns when they need them. In addition, most of its citizens have served in the military.

All the guns in the world wouldn't have helped much with this sneak attack. Mossad wasn't ready, Netanyahu ignored the warning, and the military wasn't ready.

And shooting drones out of the sky? I dunno about that.

Also, gun ownership has been rising in Israel all year, as, coincidentally and to no one's surprise, has gun violence.

Israeli gun ownership rising as violence surges

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have the same question.
It baffles me that the same people who suffered through the holocaust, vowing Never Again, set any limits or made any restrictive laws against their offspring owning a means to protect themselves in their own Homeland.

I can't imagine the offspring of Holocaust survivors just sitting back, literally surrounded by enemies that have vowed to destroy them, and saying "This is Fine".

It makes no sense.

I had no idea this was the reality in Israel until a few days ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Jews are very anti-gun in general, in America and abroad. Israelis put all their hopes into their military and the police. And those are very strong and very well armed and trained.

This was an intel failure.

Hopefully this proves to everyone just how ignorant that choice is.

Anyone waiting on the government to save them will be slaughtered.

Be capable of saving yourself and your family.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySuckII

They have guns when they need them. In addition, most of its citizens have served in the military.

All the guns in the world wouldn't have helped much with this sneak attack. Mossad wasn't ready, Netanyahu ignored the warning, and the military wasn't ready.

And shooting drones out of the sky? I dunno about that.

Also, gun ownership has been rising in Israel all year, as, coincidentally and to no one's surprise, has gun violence.

Israeli gun ownership rising as violence surges

I wonder how many of the slaughtered thought the same up until they realized just how wrong they were.
Ignorance isn't always bliss.
I guarantee those terrorists wouldn't have made it past a few houses in my neighborhood.

I can't imagine living like this in todays world. Sheep to the slaughter.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That is weird.

I would have thought the Israelis would appreciate the right to self defense as much as anyone.

There's a reason Hitler disarmed the Jewish people.

The jews disarmed the jewish population. They are the ones behind marxist authoritarian ideology. Lets not forget Hitler was Jewish. Hitler was not "Aryan."

The jews play both sides of everything happening on the world stage. I'm of the belief that WW2 was a staged war [like all wars] to create israel and shift world power.

We're getting ready for the Sequel as we speak as we move an aircraft carrier fleet to assist the Israeli domination of the Gazaa strip.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
originally posted by: HighlyInformed

So I know many people don't want to believe this; however, none the less -- it's true. It's not about what you want to believe, or how you feel -- it's about the record of actions and truth.

Israel and the Jewish population haven't been friends of anybody, and that's because they think everybody who isn't Jewish are just "Cattle" and as such, are expendable.

They cause all the conflict in the world. Black vs White. Man vs Woman. Blue vs Red; everything serves the Jewish agenda. The united states is run by them, or through zionist proxy; and that's why The USA is at the beck and call for Israel.

I don't condone hate for individual people. However, history proves that Jewish people somehow always magically end up the victim; but in reality, they are the aggressor.

We say this to children on a daily basis... "If you're always the victim, then what about your behavior is inviting attacks" and that's when you start realizing your innocent sweet baby is really the bully.

I know we're treading on the invisible line right now. It's very hard to talk about what the Jewish have done and NOT sound racist. Leave the personal ideologies out of it and just look at the history record of the actions of the Jewish state and their Zionist proxies. Also understand that a governing body does not actually represent it's people.

I am american; but the administration's actions on the geopolitical stage do not represent me individually. Do not miscontrue disdain for an authority to be general disdain for all of the people in the world with the same racial/theistic makeup. I do not wish innocent people to be victimized; nor condone racial or theistic division.

edit on 10-10-2023 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 10 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Snipped quote

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Same idelogy as the NWO. I wonder if there is any connection between Israel and the NWO..?

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Factor in the Israel was created by the Rothchilds in 1917, not 1948, and these are imposter Jews that the real Jews hate, you can start to see the old Khazar tricks being played. These imposter Jews are masters of "Controlled Opposition" and know how to manipulate the masses.

Israel warned the U.S. Fleet to stay away, for the same reason the USS Liberty was attacked for finding out the truth. And exactly being run like 911, a attack from the inside to create a pretext to remove the Palestinians. The Zionists Khazars have not changed their Talmudic ways...

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Surprised me to when I heard about the guy on the phone with the authorities as he and his family hid in a panic room and the bad guys were trying to shoot through the door, while he was being told there is nobody coming to help you at this time.

Cannot imagine a worse scenario.

The psyop is real..lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join