It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Menendez and His Wife, Nadine, Indicted on Bribery Charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Bob Menendez (Democrat) of New Jersey, and his wife Nadine, have been charged with conspiracy to commit bribery, conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, and conspiracy to commit extortion under color of official right.

The 69-year-old senator and his wife "allegedly accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars of bribes in exchange for using Menendez’s power and influence as a senator to seek to protect and enrich Hana, Uribe, and Daibes and benefit the Government of Egypt," prosecutors said in a news release.

Menendez is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the indictment highlights Egypt being one of the largest recipients of U.S. foreign aid in the world. Between 2018 and 2022, government provided grans totaling more than $1 billion per year in military financing and military sales, according to the indictment.

Say it isn't so! A corrupt, bought and paid for Senator!? Who'd've thunk it?

Here's the kicker, the epitome of stupid, if you ask me...

The indictment describes $480,000 in cash, much of it stuffed into envelopes and hidden in clothing, was bound in Nadine Menendez’s safe deposit box. Pictures of jackets bearing Robert Menendez’s name, whose pockets were stuffed with cash, were included in the indictment.

More than $100,000 in gold bars were found at Menendez's home, which were allegedly provided by either Hana or Daibes, according to the indictment. Two of the bars were shown in pictures in the indictment.

WTF!
What were they thinking?

You're a long-seated Senator, head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and you're stuffing your bribe money in clothes you put in a bank storage box? He couldn't buy a carwash or laundromat?

What did he think he was going to do with those gold bars? What did he think he could buy with them? Were they going to run off to some tropical island, get new identities and live in luxury till they die?

You guys can talk about the corruption, the politics of it, the international what-ifs, but all I can see is stellar stupidity and astounding naivete for such a crusty ole, New Jersey Senator!

s3.documentcloud.org...
www.msn.com... 4fec23b63beb49c981bbce09d7f9e3c9&ei=22#image=1

edit on 22-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
He needs to resign immediately.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

This isn't his first rodeo. Menendez was indicted 10 years ago for accepting extravagant gifts from a doctor. Menendez walked because of a hung jury. The doctor was found guilty of Medicare fraud. He was, ironically, pardoned by President Trump!
www.northjersey.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

From what I've seen, the evidence against him this time is almost insurmountable. If he's found not guilty, then by all means he can run again. Right now though, I think it's best for all if he resigns.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Allegedly? Guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My first thought was, who did he p*ss off? All senators have income outside of their salary. Some are just more corrupt than others. I'm honestly shocked that a democrat would be prosecuted for taking bribes and hiding assets.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
My first thought was, who did he p*ss off? All senators have income outside of their salary. Some are just more corrupt than others. I'm honestly shocked that a democrat would be prosecuted for taking bribes and hiding assets.

He didn't share. He was a naughty boy.
edit on 9/22/2023 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

He should have changed his name to Biden.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Like Menendez, Joe Biden has also given classified information to foreign nationals in exchange for favors and cash.

But unlike menendez, the Department of Justice is covering up Joe Biden's crimes.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The DoJ ran out of Trump indictments so they had to do something to shift focus away from Biden.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
He needs to resign immediately.

If constituents like him, they will reelect menendez, just like they did after he was indicted in 2016.

As with Donald Trump, Menendez could be indicted 20 times, and it would not matter to the people who elect him and love him.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Immediate resignation is the only honorable option.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It is my honest belief that we could get rid of every politician from Biden down to the local Mayor and then pick random names out of a phone book to fill their place and do better than our current crop of "leaders".

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

He didn't share. He was a naughty boy.

That's what I'm thinking. I did some reading in the past few minutes about his dirty deeds. Sounds so much like what we hear about the Biden family that, strangely, I'm not even shocking to read what Menendez is accused of.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If we allow most of the government to stay closed after it shuts down next weekend, The vast majority of government leaders will not have anybody to give orders to and ruin our country more. They'll be just like you and me.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I Think we should build Statues of these Criminals
then Execute the Lot.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
They'll be just like you and me.

Well, not exactly like me. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a hoody and shorts unless I'm cleaning my garage in winter.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I only caught the tale end of the story on the news about gold bars. Didn't see any follow up.

Bob Menendez has a history of those sorts of scandals.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
They'll be just like you and me.

Well, not exactly like me. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a hoody and shorts unless I'm cleaning my garage in winter.

If the FBI raids you and put you in prison, you'd get out faster if you wear hoodie and shorts.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

It is my honest belief that we could get rid of every politician from Biden down to the local Mayor and then pick random names out of a phone book to fill their place and do better than our current crop of "leaders".

<<   2  3  4 >>

join