It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bait and Switch

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

"out for delivery" means that the delivery guy/gal has it and should be on the way to your residence.

"in transit" means that it is between shipping hubs or from mfg to seller

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

www.cbs8.com...

The class action, which still must be certified by the presiding judge, accuses Amazon of breaking state consumer laws by using "same-day" and "two-day" shipping as a perk for those who sign up for Amazon Prime membership.

"Amazon’s labeling, marketing, and advertising uniformly involve multiple false and misleading statements, as well as material omissions of fact, concerning the product that has injured Plaintiffs and the class by tricking them into buying the product and paying extra fees for Amazon Prime membership," reads the lawsuit.

Those alleged "tricks" include extending the delivery date after an item is purchased, oftentimes while the product is en route to its destination.

"After completing his/her purchase, the buyer is provided with a longer delivery day or simply told that the item is delayed in transit and no expected delivery date is provided," says the lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Okay, I just assumed if the item was not in stock at their warehouse then the delivery notifications would start after the item shipped from the manufacturer or what Amazon calls the Marketplace Seller or from International sellers. I am a Prime member and never get my stuff within two days, never.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ah. So it's a US suit?

This is what I was complaining about:

www.moneysavingexpert.com...

"Why do some people not realise they’re signed up? Some users tell us they signed up for a 30-day trial and didn’t realise they needed to cancel during the trial to avoid the fee.

Others say they clicked a certain button to buy online and simply didn’t realise they had signed up to Prime by doing so.

In March 2015 the Advertising Standards Authority also banned Amazon from continuing to use a direct mailing offer for a 'free trial' of Prime after it found the online retail giant misled consumers about the cost (see the Amazon Prime 'free trial' ad banned MSE News story)."

edit on 13-9-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I know full well when I buy from Amazon that they try to get you to subscribe to Prime by offering free next day delivery if you subscribe to Prime for Free trial (and I know it then costs £8.99 a month), I normally either pay the postage cost of £3.50 or something and wait 3 days for delivery, or decide I don't need it at all and don't buy it, especially if it's something only worth a few quid anyway.
but recently I had to buy a fan for my parents, as they and my brother don't have Amazon accounts, and they needed it next day, as dad was ill, and their fan had broken, so I got a new one on Amazon and subscribed to Prime to get the next day delivery. I have it marked in my calendar, and diary, and on computer, and phone 25 days from when I subscribed, to cancel it so that I don't get charged after the first month, and until then I can take advantage of Prime Video and watch some recent films, and Good Omens 2 and other stuff, and anything else I buy in the next few weeks will also have next day delivery.
bonus for me.
in the buying process it can be less than obvious that you're signing up for a monthly subscription, a bit like the TrainLine ones where they ask you if you want to save £15 on your next order, after you've finished payment for some train tickets, only to find out it's a monthly subscription of £15 a month, and you only save what they suggest once, and they use your payment details from the purchase you've just made, so you don't see another payment go through. That was deemed illegal too and stopped, but not before far too many people fell for it!
All in all it's just sneaky business practice, I don't think there's a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Okay, I just assumed if the item was not in stock at their warehouse then the delivery notifications would start after the item shipped from the manufacturer or what Amazon calls the Marketplace Seller or from International sellers. I am a Prime member and never get my stuff within two days, never.

I used to, but I would say this year something changed. Even during Covid it wasn’t this bad.
Now it seems nothing is ever when they say it will be delivered. I don’t know if that is just my area or a problem as a whole.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I GOT it… but I’m going to return it since I didn’t get it in time.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well guess what. Now Amazon only offers free shipping on orders over $35 now. It was $25.
I think I am done with Amazon and their games.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I used to, but I would say this year something changed. Even during Covid it wasn’t this bad.
Now it seems nothing is ever when they say it will be delivered. I don’t know if that is just my area or a problem as a whole.

I just watched a comedy skit and an Amazon guy was training a new guy on the line and a very small item came up and the trainer said to the trainee with a small item like this we have to put it in the biggest box we can find...struck me as hilarious but true. I usually receive small spice jars in huge boxes with one small balloon thrown in for good measure (?) lol

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jarsue97

Would be nice, but there isn't a kohls near me. I won't drive 30 min, for a return.
It's a pain, but I'll just continue to call them, and get a label.
They want 6.00 for a label and a box.
I don't need the box.

Then give it to my neighbor, the UPS guy.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It’s not just you.

The package carriers cry that they don’t have enough staff to keep things moving as swiftly as they used to.

In my area the “help wanted” marketing is more creative than I’ve seen before. Inserts in grocery bags, small tags and signs on retail shelves here and there, signs by the roadside, etc. All often proclaiming rather generous starting wages, yet still the employers are ramping up the campaigns and suffer from a lack of personnel.

Tinfoil hat time, since this is ATS…

My wife and I wonder if the pandemic and subsequent jabs killed far more people than “they” will admit, leading to this shortage of workers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join