It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bait and Switch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The item IS obviously available and can be delivered today, so what are they pulling?

They never should have let the merchants in, or tried to grow beyond what they could actually do.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I still think it is a China thing still. It is happening all over. I am selling my house so we ordered a new stove top, oven, and overhead exhaust, and all three were a mess. Finally got the exhaust fan in about a month late. Outright canx the stove and we will push it as a credit to the new owners, and the stove top that was originally about 3 weeks turned into 5 months, so the new owners will get it in November. We tried many different stores too. I still get most of my Amazon items within 2 days.
edit on 12-9-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We have only bought a half a dozen at most items from Amazon and only did so because we could not get them locally. We never had prime, but both daughters do and we ordered through them.

I have always had the philosophy that if I was going to buy something I would buy it locally to help to support the people of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I can't buy as much because it costs me more, but I am not buying things I do not really need anyway. I know a lot of people who buy online and it kind of erks me a bit because they are not supporting our own. We need jobs for our workers here, and even if it is more expensive I am not going to give my money to people half way across the country....unless it is not available here
edit on 12-9-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Shein and Temu are putting a dent in Amazons business no doubt.

Well, I think Bezos etal are safe, at least for now.
I bet a lot of people have never even heard of those two companies..if that is what they are.....

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I understand how Amazon is able to get so many items to me in 24 to 48 hours, with no charge for delivery. The number of those HUGE Amazon warehouses with 25 miles of my town is at least 7.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I just take it to the return booth at Kohls and they scan my return label off my phone and they do the rest. No issues.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Shein and Temu are putting a dent in Amazons business no doubt.

Well, I think Bezos etal are safe, at least for now.
I bet a lot of people have never even heard of those two companies..if that is what they are.....

Pretty much just like Wish. They probably do more damage to your own home grown mom and pop stores more than they damage Amazon. I buy a lot of fishing stuff from them. My local store want 6x for the same lures and lines etc.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Update

Still haven’t received it yet……

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My beef is when they trick you to sign up to Amazon Prime.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

There is a class action lawsuit for that!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Good! I thought it was about a one off free delivery and then they take £70 off you!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've had this happen twice out of hundreds of orders. You can track on Amazon or the Shop app to see where your package is currently to give you an idea of where it's stuck. But yeah a weather issue right now doesn't seem likely.

We use my college daughter to get Prime. It's like 7 dollars a month for students.
edit on 13-9-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
I've had this happen twice out of hundreds of orders. You can track on Amazon or the Shop app to see where your package is currently to give you an idea of where it's stuck. But yeah a weather issue right now doesn't seem likely.

We use my college daughter to get Prime. It's like 7 dollars a month for students.

My package has said "out for delivery" since yesterday morning...
still says the same thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well that's not good! Hopefully you get it today.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't remember ever being tricked like that, Carpy....

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Try ATS chat for that.
Your order should say...if not here by _______, return for a refund of replacement?
Any orders with shipping problems have said that for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You're probably much less gullible than me?

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Try ATS chat for that.
Your order should say...if not here by _______, return for a refund of replacement?
Any orders with shipping problems have said that for me.

Mine used to say that, but not lately. I’m not planning on ordering much, but I’m going to keep track of every single order and screenshot the shipping dates. I’m sure there is something in fine print that says they are only estimates or something like that

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Always read the regrettably small print.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: frogs453

My package has said "out for delivery" since yesterday morning...
still says the same thing.

I think that "out for delivery" means it has been sent from the manufacturer not from an Amazon warehouse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join